1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 1/20/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

fckbandwagons, Patience and J Sizzle like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  3. Mr. Space City

Why would Harden want D'Antoni fired? D'Antoni lets him go out there and do wharever he wants, and never holds him accountable. D'Antoni will even go to the media and defend him when he has a terrible game or a terrible stretch if games. He can miss as many 3's as he wants, turnover the ball as much as he wants, play as litte defense as he wants. Sounds like the best boss to have for me.

Maybe PJ wants him fired because he's getting ran into the ground.

I'm sure Hartenstein wants him fired so he can get some playing time. :D

gumbleton3 likes this.
  4. Section123row16seat1

It’s never that’s easy.
    Many a coach has lost the locker room and didn’t get fired.

remember the Steelers a couple years back when the lost to Blake bortles in the playoffs?

in that case they got rid of the players.

who knows what’s gonna happen.

I don’t have the answers, just sharing what I heard tonight.

I hope it’s not true and everything magically turns better. We will see Wednesday against Denver.

HP3 likes this.
  5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

You must not have good comprehension.
    I have a remedy for that.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Sorry dude, I dont believe that. Harden from day has said the he loves Dantoni, there is no way hes trying to do that.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Well, I guess I can appreciate this, even if i dont agree.

8. Section123row16seat1

Hey believe you me I hope it’s not true

Go rockets

sorry I shared a rumor

HP3 likes this.
  9. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

It surprised me. Reminiscent of when Fran was covering the team too for the Chron. Course, he got a little too outspoken, and then there was only one guy at the Chron covering the Rockets.

Feigen'll engage with you on social media. Not a dummy at all, just a little too positive IMHO, these last few years.

10. BigTex

BigTex Member

OKC had a scrub lineup going today too

Adams - 1 min
    Muscala- 25 min
    Bazley- 18 min
    Diallo- 13 min
    Burton- 8 minutes
    Dort- 32 min. ****ing Dort

11. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Ooh!, a poker metaphor. I like those.

Harden may not be game theory optional in his shot selection, but a GTO equilibrium is only viable in a game where both sides are able to counteract the strategies of the other. Plenty of nonequilbrium situations exist in sport. It does look like here that opponents have been able to successfully counter his strategy taking the ball up the floor. Perhaps letting another player do that, while Harden tries to get open for a---OMG!----midrange shot, might decrease defensive intensity on his 3s, and allow him to raise that percentage.

Aside, if you're in a game where GTO play is required to get the monies, table change, as it's likely the only winner in that game is going to be the rake. Money is made in poker by exploiting opponents' non-optimal play. ID that, and exploit their inefficiencies, even if your strategy differs considerably from GTO.

hakeem94 and omgTHEpotential like this.
  12. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

They "threw" games when they wanted McHale out....I think something along these lines might be going on even if it's not conscious tanking

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

**** this team is so bad. Cant even make jokes anymore

hakeem94 and J Sizzle like this.
  14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This team is free falling. No leadership. No accountability. There just isn't anything.

PeterKingX and J Sizzle like this.
  15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Rockets deserve this lost season for the way they handled assets, coaching, and roster management.

realonemo, jerryclark and ksny15 like this.
  16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Agreed. I knew this team wouldn't be contenders but I didn't think they would be this bad. I called for a 5-6th seed earlier. Honestly don't know if they are even making the playoffs at this point. Management, coaching, Harden and everyone but Westbrook are awful. No effort, no change, no leadership. Nothing. Thank God the niners are in the bowl or I would be miserable right now lol

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

They’ll make playoffs, I bet, but they are a 2nd round exit max. And that’s unlikely.

They have no assets. They’re old. No cap space. No owner. No future. It’s sad this is how this era is going out.

18. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Maybe that BS earlier about team derailing is finally happening....team has just lost belief and its showing. Talent is definitely lacking at the Forward position, but to blow a 100-85 point game with the defensive effort I saw from harden was an fireable offense in any other job. Offensively we were off but that was a win 10 out of 10 times. When his game is bad he just goes into a complete sulk mode and today it came at the expense of a W.

19. realonemo

realonemo Member

I have seen harden go 2-18 in a playoff game a couple years ago but still compete his ass off defensively. CP3 was good for him. He is playing the most selfish basketball I have seen in a while. I didn't want to believe it but it seems like he cares about his ppg instead of doing what it takes to win.

20. omgTHEpotential

Perhaps a GTO analogy isn't very accurate in this case, but still, there needs to be some sort of balance, and less settling for step-back three-pointers, which I would bet is a less efficient (not to mention higher variance) shot than his drives to the basket. I don't know perhaps there's something in how the opposing teams defend Harden, maybe they're making some subtles changes that we fans aren't noticing and baiting Harden to take those step-back threes. But if that's the case he shouldn't play into their hands.

Gray_Jay likes this.