1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 1/16/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2014.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I'd start Garcia at the PF spot.

The Thunder have trouble with that lineup as Ibaka can be neutralized by Harden down low. The other aspect, is that Garcia seems to circle the Thunder on his calendar.

2. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

I went to check the betting odds for this game but it's suspended. That usually means some game time decisions. Does anyone know what it is? I hope Parsons not having knee spasms since he plays over 40 minutes each game even when injured. Pathetic.

3. rocketsmetalspd

Last 3 road games for the Thunder their shooting has not been on. I hope for the same tonight. Durant will get his just don't let the rest to the team go off and have a big night.

Rockets by 10

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I'm expecting a 40 burger for harden tonight.

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

Durant is going to get his, but need to contain the bench and role players like Jackson and Lamb.

Can Harden guard someone tonight? Can he hold Thabo Sefalosha to under 10 points per quarter?

Can Lin for once have a good game vs OKC? I want to see him in attack mode from the very beginning.

Really looking forward to the Jones vs Ibaka matchup. This is another legitimate test for him after holding his own vs Anthony Davis.

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

It's currently Houston -2.5 everywhere.

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

BTW, did Grapenutz get banned or will he be around to undoubtedly turn this thread into a dumpster fire?

8. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

That's great to hear. It usually means a close game so we are in it for a fighting chance. I hope the HCA really helps our energy.

9. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Despite the Rockets winning 5 of the last 6, we really haven't been playing very well. Lots of nail biters against lottery teams. A win is a win, but the last good game the team played against a contender was vs the Spurs on Christmas. Coming back from a disaster quarter or half will be much tougher tonight even with no Westbrook. They need to play a complete game.

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Also, Chandler is not on the injury report as you were previously wondering about his health. Greg Smith and Aaron Brooks are both questionable tonight.

11. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

We are due for a solid game from end to end. KD will get his 30+ points, as long as we don't let RJ or Ibaka beat us, we are fine.

Howard shouldn't let the ugly I-am-angry-at-the-whole-world Perkins bully him, but actually abuse Perkins.

This is a game we could really use Asik to make Ibaka's life more difficult.

It's a Rockets win on TNT.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Hopefully getting last nights game will sort of take some pressure off of the Rox and they will come out a little more relaxed and just ready to ball.

Last night they just seemed real jittery, and I think that led to alot of butterfinger type of plays, and miscommunication. I remember Harden and D-Mo trying to run a P&R and just thinking.... "GET THE F OUT OF THE WAY D-MO"... it was just bad symmetry all night long.

Nobody is expecting them to win tonight so just come out loose, play your game, and let it fly.

13. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Thanks for the info. I think Aaron Brooks was the doubt. Having him as a backup PG compared to Canaan makes the world of difference.

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

As long as he play within the game and don't take it upon himself (until the end of the 4th Q), he should be fine. He's more dangerous playing the 2 than the 1+2. When he's playing the 1 & 2 role at the same time, defense is set and not only does he usually suffer, the team suffers from being stagnant. When he's playing off the ball, he has a better chance at getting higher quality look and the team is more dynamic and harder to guard.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Prioritize containing everyone else over containing Durant. I think in past games, we left too many of their role players with wide open look when helping out on Durant. In the 4th, you can double him if he's still hot.

This is not just theory. We seen it done many times before. Remember the Rocket's game 7 playoff against Dallas where Yao and Tracy got their but not a single role players even got to their season avg. Ended up in a huge blowout :(

16. chandlerbang21

Durant drops 40 , rockets lose by 20

17. tada

tada Member

Opened at -4, now sitting around -2.5. Houston favored.

18. chandlerbang21

Problem is Perkins is bigger and stronger than howard with good footwork. Those attributes give dwight problems in the post

19. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

Howard should use his quickness then.

20. chandlerbang21

If I recall, parsons wasnt available last game. Hopefully his presense will make Durant work on defense because last game he didnt whatever he wanted.