1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 1/16/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I hope we have a change of strategy this time. You can't really stop Durant. But you can contain everyone else. So priority should be to contain everyone else instead of focusing on containing Durant. We have seen Durant going off on other team and they still lose.

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

if we come out slow again we lose this game. So if were down double digits early we wont recover not against the thunder westbrook or not

3. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

I have low expectations for this game, so I won't be too disappointed if we lose tonight on the 2nd of a back to back. Memphis beat OKC with 48 minutes of tenacious defense, long arms of Tayshawn Prince and James Johnson defending Durant, Marc Gasol protecting the rim, and good outside shooting. We can beat them, it's possible, we just have to work extra hard.

4. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I hate Kevin Durant.

He is so arrogant when he plays against us

5. Jay713

Jay713 Member

We lost. Unbelievable!

6. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Is AB going to play?

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They have our number. Scotty Brooks is a hell of a coach. People here were trashing him. They can beat us without Ibaka and Westbrook.

8. Fighton

Fighton Member

james needs to play smarter in this game and not take it upon himself to win the game from the get go.

move the ball, push the pace, work it in to dwight and get ibaka into foul trouble, play good team D on pnr.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I think so. They suggested he was held out yesterday as a precaution so he'd be OK for today.

10. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

The Rockets can beat anybody on any given night but a tough game last night plus a day of rest for the Thunder usually turns into a sluggish game for The Cohetes. I'll have sex with my wife instead and you guys tell me how it goes.

11. ogh

ogh Member

How could we tell how it goes? :eek:

12. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Hopefully Knick-Pacer game can finished in time so that I can watch the first quarter on TV.

13. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

Kevin Durant is going to go off on us tonight

;)

14. rocketblood713

I wonder how many minutes into the game will we be seeing the "McHale getting out coached again" or the "Lin is terrible he needs to be traded" or the "Iso Haren cause no D" and my favorite "another slow start"

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

1 minute 52 seconds

16. TTNN

TTNN Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>OKC Thunder, according to Elias, will have their first losing record over 10-game span (4-6) since Dec. 4-23, 2009, if beaten tonight at HOU</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/423896702831968256">January 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

i don't care what Harden's mental problem with his former team, he better pick his ***** up for us to win this.

18. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

Let's make it happen then.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

We are the better team without Westbrook.

The Rockets were playing their 4th game in 5 nights last game and it showed.

It is strange that we keep finding ourselves playing OKC at the tail end of back to backs.

20. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

In theory that's what exactly we should do. Don't let anybody else besides Durant score. But when K.D. keeps driving to the rim, dunks on us every 5 minutes, and howls like a wolf .... it's VERY demoralizing to our team, sucks the air out of the crowd, and ignites the few but loud Thunder fans in the audience.

A veteran team can ignore the intimidating mind games, but the Rockets are a young team, they can't really handle the pressure of getting scored on so easily.