1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 3/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 11, 2013.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Thanks! I dislike McHale as a coach but I love his honesty and what he's saying, great attitude. However, I feel he's again not taking any responsibility that he as a coach is also responsible for guys being ready for a game. It's not all on the guys..

1 person likes this.
  2. jocar

jocar Member

The guy played with Bird and Parish. He's never going to be easily impressed....

[​IMG]

3. wapz

wapz Member

4. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It is because McHale runs his guys into the ground and never expands the rotations during those situations.

Rookie mistake, IMO.

DD

6. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Agreed. Especially Harden/Parsons, they played way too many minutes unecessarily.

7. daernoth

daernoth Member

I'm really worried about Harden's knee being a problem come playoff time because McHale wouldn't give Harden adequate rest.

I've never understood the concept that the job of a coach is to win a particular game. His job should be to win the most over the course of the season and go the furthest in the playoffs. How do you accomplish that if you won't think about the long term consequences of your rotations?

8. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

we win this.

9. AXG

AXG Member

If the Rockets lose this game, they should just forfeit their playoff spot. There is no excuse to be giving these games away.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

We blow out the Suns by 30

11. alethios

alethios Member

He does, but it's based on a lack of trust with his bench players. In the recent interview (on this thread), he didn't really want to ride his best players in the ground, but he's basically saying he's got little recourse. It's a catch-22: does he leave his best players in to have a better chance at winning games or expand his rotations to increase experience and PT for the bench at the cost of winning games?

12. kozmo

kozmo Member

Why? This team is going to do nothing in the playoffs......with Harden the best hes ever been they will still not get out of the first round....NEXT YEAR

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Making the playoffs is still good.

More pressure packed experience for the young guys (which is just about all of them) and it makes Houston look more attractive to other star players.

14. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Ill be there!!!

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

My goodness.....

He's not even wearing a brace for it dude...he's perfectly fine....

16. VanityHalfBlack

This game is going to be closer than you think. No way in hell we blow them out by 30, The Suns will be ready and if they beat us before I'm pretty sure they can do it again unless the Rockets turn on the switch and go beast mode.

17. daernoth

daernoth Member

Really? He hasn't looked that good to me. From 3 he is shooting just fine but his drives have been lackluster in recent games.

Hopefully you are right and I'm wrong about it but i doubt very much McHale would give him more rest even if his leg was falling off. That doesn't make me reassure me thats for sure.

18. daernoth

daernoth Member

Sorry for that typo at the end. :p

19. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

We get the W this time!

20. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

for the love of all that is good and holy, please win this one