1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 2/5/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 3, 2014.

1. TheJet

TheJet Member

Gotta love when opposing fans pop in for a visit. I'll leave it at that.

What a great game. That's one of the best overall games I think I've seen in a while. True, there was almost no defense in the first half from either side, but I thought we picked up the intensity and tightened up in the second. Howard was just killing it. It was nice to see us go back to him over and over until the defense started reacting. I was a little surprised that Phoenix went hack a Howard considering how well he's been shooting freebies over the past three games.

Nice contributions all around and a great win. Keep 'em rolling.

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I think we all know Anthony Davis is getting the injury reserve spot.

3. DragonBlade

DragonBlade Member

Just wanna correct you on one point. I didn't say Dragic is better than Harden or Howard, I just stated the fact that the numbers show (PER, WS48, TS%) his ahead of them. I think you might also find quite a few fans and analysts outside of Houston that place Goran ahead of Harden. Especially considering Harden's D game. Not to mention Goran's efficieny. In fact if Goran sustains his current level of production he's gonna be just one of 10 players since the 89/90 season that averaged more than 20 pts and 6 ass while shooting over 50%.

I can see that you guys are really not aware of just how good he is.

He played the entire 1st half of the season as an SG and averaged over 18 pts and 6 assists from that position. Same goes for Bledsoe. Until Bled got hurt, GD and EB were on route to be the first duo since MJ and Pippen to average at least 18 pts and 6 ass together (and still can when Bled comes back).

Suns fan are also showing a lot of love towards Parsons and would much rather potentially overpay him than Hayward. With a little over 53 mil while holding a gigantic Okafor expiring contract (14,5 mil) we are well under cap.

We also have only 36 mil commited to next year and only Goran's (extra year) contract for 2015/16. I think we are in a much better position than you guys before you got Harden. You are pretty much a finished product and are not exactly (respectfully) lighting the league on fire. No one can predict the future, but we are undoubtedly in an exellent position to be more than good, be great.

So I really don't think I'm sounding pompous when saying #future_is_bright.

4. DragonBlade

DragonBlade Member

Well until the beginning of january when Bled went down.

5. DragonBlade

DragonBlade Member

I have to laugh becouse you are very much mistaken when that is concerned. While that might be true as far as Howard is concerned, there's absolutely no one in Phoenix (fans or managment alike) that would trade GD for Harden. Even straight up if that were possible.

6. Aleron

I don't know where you get the idea we're a finished product, the whole reason Morey hasn't traded Asik is because the offers usually include players contracted past 2015, and he wants at worst a max salary spot whilst keeping Howard, Harden, Parsons, Bev, Jones, Dmo and Canaan for either Love (if he considers someone other than the Lakers) or Aldridge (when he gets sick of never winning a playoff series), which also includes that he would sell everyone but Dwight and James if Durant decides as Jalen suggested, to play with Harden again whilst Westbrook heads to the Lakers with Love.

7. DragonBlade

DragonBlade Member

Based on what. He's just getting back from an injury that delayed his progress for almost a year. He's showing great potential and is extremely mobile for a 7ft1 dude. Coaches belive he could play some PF as well. I think that in a year there will be no doubt that he was possibly the best draft pick of 2012/13. He'll be better than Oladipo for sure. The X factor is Noel. Nobody really knows how he'll come back. Might be better, than again might not.

8. dwnkst72

dwnkst72 Member

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/

Dragic #9?

9. BonziWellsGOAT

I believe you left a man by the name of Michael Carter Williams out of that conversation my friend. No way will Alex Len be better than MCW much less Oladipo and nobody even knows about Noel.

10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

that's why Phoenix sucks and continues to suck I guess. Tards' at the helm.

11. Aleron

Greek Freak will be the best player from last years class

12. DragonBlade

DragonBlade Member

Abso-freekin-lutely. Got a little heated and forgot about possibly the best one of them all. Looked as expected, young&unexperienced while they played us, but so much potential there. Great future ahead of him, definetely.

13. DragonBlade

DragonBlade Member

Yep, sure. Sucking all the way to 6th spot in WC while paying less than 54 mil for your roster. Sign me up for sucking like that any time.

14. Neped

Neped Member

You weren't cheering for the guy before.

15. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

LOL look again you are now @ 7th hahaha

Given your next 2 games will be GSW and Miami lets see if you can keep 8th spot lol...

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Who wants to play in phx?

This troll is hilarious. Harden would net Dragic and Bledsoe had the Rockets wanted.

17. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

They'd trade the entire team and package the head coach for Harden LOL

18. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

I applaud your tenacity but.. bro, really?

19. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. Clarinetmonster

Incredible how much people on this site overrate Dragic, presumably because he was once a Rocket. He's a very good PG, nothing more nothing less - not elite.