1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 2/5/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 3, 2014.

1. highlander3128

Can't help but LOL.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Lmfao you don't have any stars and soon you get the honor of over paying your good but not special backcourt.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Um, actually the future is mediocre for you guys. Congrats on getting a good GM, however the problem with the Suns is they decided to overperform on a year with one of the best draft classes in recent history. Your success this season rests on having the guys like Dragic and Morris Twin play well, however those players will be hitting FA soon and you'll have to pay significant money to keep them.

Your gm now has the problem Morey had before, he has middling assets and now has to package them for a star. The problem is Morey previously had guys on long-term rookie contracts, in this case guys like MM would be hitting FA in a year or two so their value is at rock bottom. Who'll the Suns get as their star? Pau Gasol? LOL!

4. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

There's a thread on the Suns RealGM board that is comparing Davis with Goran, talk about delusion. Sad thing is, a decent handful think he is a more deserving of being All star.

5. highlander3128

By the way when I say stars, they should be able to switch up a gear whenever they feel needs. Look at Harden. He is the definition of a star player. Both players you mentioned can only be called solid players. Nothing more and nothing less. I can also say that to Dragic too. Suns fans can keep jerking off on their so-called stars. LOL.

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y_4zyo1x0lE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Good win over a quality team. This is a game we lose a couple months ago.

This game should be the blueprint for the rest of the season. Go to Dwight until they start doubling (how good is his FT stroke these days by the way?).

Good defense, especially perimeter defense at the end, our guys were really trying to chase their snipers off the line. Also good sub by McHale to take Jones out at the end. They were going for 3's so might as well stick a perimeter defender out there.

Someone really needs to tell Casspi to calm down and play his game. When he puts the ball on the floor he reminds me of Delfino last year doing the same, only difference was that Delfino hit his 3's.

When the Suns ran a lay-up drill in the 2nd when Dwight was out, all I could do was shake my head and imagine how good we would be if Asik hadn't quit on the team.

But overall just a solid win, our guys did great.

1 person likes this.
  8. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

hilarious how Dragic was like "no charge he was in the restricted area!!!" when he's nowhere near it.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That was a really good charge by Lin and a game changer moment. He was set up perfect and made sure he was outside the circle. Really sacrificed his boddpy for the win. He had a rough first 3 quarters but he was a difference in the game in the 4th quarter. If he can do this every game the rockets are finally set.

10. nemecide

nemecide Member

I'm slowly starting to like how Lin is doing the small things well to help us win.

If he continues to play like this, I might even find myself cheering for the guy.

11. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

This is a true testament to why Asik can't mope. On his best night, Asik wouldn't put the numbers up that Dwight does on a regular basis.

I'm so tired of him wasting a spot on the roster.

12. Karolik

Karolik Member

Are you a rockets fan? If so you should cheer for anyone on the rockets.

1 person likes this.
  13. rayfantastic

rayfantastic Member

Where are Lan and Lun? Out due to flu symptoms?

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

3-2 against the Grizzlies, Grizzlies, Spurs, Mavs, Suns.

I'll take it.

15. nemecide

nemecide Member

I just want the team to win, i've even criticised Harden for his defense and heroball antics. If i'm going to be harsh on harden, then im definitely going to be a little harsh on Lin.

That said, I've never said he was bad for the team, just not really at the point where i can be happy with him playing the type of game that reflects his contract.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the win and what he has done so far, just not completely sold on him as of yet.

16. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Good win and keep the momentum going!!!

17. jja620

jja620 Member

Sure seems like we have a ton of alley oops this year.
    Are we the new lob city?
    Is an alley oop stat recorded?

18. cebunit

cebunit Member

Don't pay much attention to some of these guys. Most of them are the 1st ones to jump off a bridge if we lose a game and the same ones that have no real insight. Good game by the way.

19. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

I still don't think Rockets are anywhere near the Clippers. Blake and DJ rack up lobs like crazy even with CP3 out.

20. zdrav

zdrav Member

What about Dwight's staredown of Dragic after Goran tried one of those cheap jump-into-a-foul moves?