1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 12/4/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 3, 2013.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Okay, I usually hate the wild speculation and conjecture... but does anybody else get the impression that Dwight and Harden aren't wild about each other?

2. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

He can release his frustration on me [​IMG]

3. Nook

Nook Member

The GARM is a soap opera.... They seem fine with each other to me. I have not seen or heard a single negative comment from one to or about the other.

FWIW Harden is a private guy that is not going to open up or share with someone until he really knows them.

4. KlutchQT

I haven't seen or heard anything either. It's just a feeling I have. Like I said, I hate when other people do this kind of thing, so I'm being a big hypocrite lol. Meh.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Well im just two minutes in the game and wtf is Harden doing? Tmac toronto everyday. He stands around half court doing nothing. I'll still give him the benefit of the doubt and Mchale too. This is a coaching problem and like I always said, Morey has the keys to the ferrari.

6. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard is not happy with the effort in Houston: <a href="http://t.co/fDmlnfyhBQ">http://t.co/fDmlnfyhBQ</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23HangTime&amp;src=hash">#HangTime</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NBA&amp;src=hash">#NBA</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Rockets&amp;src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; NBA.com (@NBAcom) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBAcom/statuses/408480106424725504">December 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. KlutchQT

^^^ Oh Lord. Prepare for league-wide overblowing of epic proportions.

8. dayanm

dayanm Member

Oh come on, dude, 17 FGA includes 10 3PA... :eek:

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Nobody playing defense,he has no post moves,we run no plays or pick and rolls

10. figment

figment Member

Those eyes can see through my soul

and possibly my panties

11. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

So it begins, this is what Laker fans and everyone else who is anti-Dwight and anti-Rocket been waiting for. This will be all over ESPN.

12. Oracle

Oracle Member

To me the problem seems to be that without ball movement the other Rockets 3pt shooters do not get shots. Garcia took shots, but the were more contested than usually. The Rockets game involve a lot of 3pt shooting. When two of those shooters are out (Parsons and Lin), it is much easier to shut Casspi and Garcia down. They prefer Harden as the 3pt shooter because his 3pt % is lower (at least right now). When Harden is cold, they channel it to him. In other words, without Parsons and Lin, it is even more important to move the ball. It didn't happen tonight.

13. TTNN

TTNN Member

I noticed this too! Beverley tend to switch a lot, and he don't recover, I noticed a lot of times it end up with Dwight chasing guards around, or have to contest a 3 towards a guard and got burned. Don't see other guard doing that, don't know why.

I thought Beverley is better than Lin going through screens, but I don't see him going through screen anymore.....

14. KlutchQT

You know it.

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

ATLANTA -- The Los Angeles Clippers have been talking about being a defensive team since the start of training camp, but after Wednesday night's 107-97 loss to the Atlanta Hawks, Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are growing frustrated with the team's lack of defense.

"We got to find a defensive identity," Paul said. "That starts with us in the locker room. We know what we do. We just got to do it. We've got to stop talking about it and we have to figure out how to stop teams."

16. Oracle

Oracle Member

What surprises me is that Casspi seems to constantly come out from these games with best +/- rating. I must say that so far I have been very pleased by his defensive effort. He always comes back to defense in time. By the way, he just exceeded his point score that he made all last season in Cleveland.

17. KlutchQT

That will get buried. What's silly is that it's really no different than what Dwight said... and honestly, we've heard Lin/Bev/Chandler/Harden say the same things he did (or very similar) already this season. No big deal. But this will be a huge ordeal b/c it fits neatly into the "Dwight is unhappy in Houston" narrative everybody is so anxious to spin. Throw in Harden not sticking around for postgame, and this is the stuff sensationalism is made of.

Blah.

18. chandlerbang21

Glad I'm not the only one to notice his bad shot selection . He's a 2trick pony with no offensive variety to his game

19. chandlerbang21

That's called predictable offense

20. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Why did we not start Casspi instead of Garcia (for Parsons)?

I'm with Dwight Howard and I'm glad he's starting to say something. We're not trying hard enough to establish Dwight as part of our offense, especially on games where two of our top scorers (Parsons+Lin) were out. Did McHale really think that we could soley go to Harden in the 2nd half? And what was plan B in the case that Harden goes cold (as he did tonight)? I'm gonna say it, there are certain times when McHale needs to bench Harden to let the ball move and find the open player. Should've seen this in the 4th quarter.

Lastly, Brooks and Beverley were the only two players who gave me hope toward the end of game by not quitting and trying to keep us in the game. This game made me appreciate them even more. Need to see that same effort and intensity from everyone.