1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 12/4/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Drphil

Drphil Member

To be fair. We didn't have Parsons at the beginning of the season when we were winning games. He was actually hurting the team more than contributing both on offense and defense. :grin:

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

First off, we need to get a better defensive coach.

So the Suns defensive coach is a former assistant of JVG here at HOU.

It's apparent our guys don't know what to do on defense. Harden may be the worst offender but all the guys seem to lack defensive discipline. A good defensive coach would also be able to coach up Harden or hold him accountable.

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

First off, we need to get a better defensive coach.

So the Suns defensive coach is a former assistant of JVG here at HOU.

It's apparent our guys don't know what to do on defense. Harden may be the worst offender but all the guys seem to lack defensive discipline. A good defensive coach would also be able to coach up Harden or hold him accountable.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

sorry about the double post :) just that kind of night

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Honeymoon for the team is over!

Let's get back to reality and hard work!!!

6. areyouserious

areyouserious Member

I agree with this. Parsons is our best off the ball. He's the only one that really moves and makes cuts every play. That's why he so important.

7. allenz

allenz Member

41 mins for 4-10 FG, 12pts, 2 assists, 8 boards, 2 steals... is that what YOU NEED from YOUR starting ***POINT GUARD***??? lmao

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Parsons was probaly the best player during our hot streak in the last few weeks. He is the only player we have who moves well off the ball it seems. How many times has he got layups or dunks when he cut to the basket off the ball as a cutter or on hand offs from the baseline to the basket?. The guy guy can be a scoring option in a variety of ways.

He also is probably our best finisher in the open court.

9. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Rockets need another slasher that has high bb IQ, who can recognize when to cut and when to make the extra pass.
    Casspi can do this but he's not as athletic as Parsons nor as efficient, and is too prone to playing hero-ball. Garcia is like the 9th/10th man on the roster. Ideally Harden should add moves like slashing and cutting to the basket but I suppose his feet don't allow him to do that. Hopefully Morey can flip Asik for a good SF.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This. I am truly concerned about the long-term health of these guys. I don't think Harden sat nearly as long as he should have, but I'm sure he felt he couldn't once Lin went down, and especially once Chandler did too. I just have a bad feeling about it, overall.

11. Drphil

Drphil Member

Yeah I don't disagree. I just think that we've had all our starters sat out this season (whether based on injury or just having a huge slump) except Dwight.

My point is, that they were able to win games without contributions from Parsons this year. They can be good with any combination of players with and without certain starters. When they are bad, they are bad though.

In this case, Like McHale said, it isn't because they are missing Lin or Parsons that they lost. It shouldn't be. They were able to do it without Parsons in the past. They were able to do it without both Lin AND Harden during the Hawks game. Certain players are just playing below their talent right now.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Honestly though, is there no estimate on Chandler's return?

13. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

Phoenix is not a scrub team. They beat Portland twice. We had Lin, Parsons, Asik and Smith out. Also Harden is probably hurt (although I think he was trying to stat pad by continuing to shoot when he was cold).

14. langal

langal Contributing Member

This stuff is starting to grow on me. Lol.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't think so. But he tried to play tonight, so I guess he's not far away from a return.

16. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

I am concerned that Harden is a Melo-in-the-making. He wants to get his stats, but he doesn't make the rest of his team better. In fact, his teammates would probably be
    better without him.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Did you miss all of last season?

Jesus Christ...:rolleyes:

18. torontoman

torontoman Member

Harden looks like he is still playing to get out of KD and Westbrook's shadow. Like he needs to prove he is the man and only step back threes will cut it. Step back threes or bust. How can a guy go 0-10 on threes? If you run your defender thru a maze of screens a-la Reggie Miller or Ray Allen and get to your spot and miss then ok.Even under these circumstances 0-10 is a lot. But to go goose egg for 10 on step back and jumping-into-people 3s?come on. Couldn't he settle for going 0-5 or 0-6 and give teammates a chance to take threes?

19. pnr

pnr Member

I think he should be back next game. He participated in shootaround today even but apparently the back acted up during it.

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

@Jonathan_Feigen: Dwight Howard took just three shots in the second half. When there is no ball movement, no body movement, centers can be left out.