1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 12/13/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Ancient Moabite

It seem like Pippen was every bit as tall or taller than Magic J and feelss like he had a Wilt type wingspan(jokingly)

Similar to how they listed TMac around that similar height but on a mag cover back in the day he was looking the same height as KG/Duncan when standing side by side

2. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Alpi went to FT line after 4 games absence, first time since the previous Suns game. Very bizarre.

aaquaa, saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Meanwhile in Milwaukee, Giannis had no difficulty to score 30 against soft defenders of Warriors. Not lots o teams has strong Jabari+Sengun frontcourt.

13 in 33, aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  4. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

I’m inclined to get Scoot Henderson more than Wemby. Idc for both but we really need a pg.

aaquaa and saleem like this.
  5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

KPJ decided he wanted to shoot more.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Nice defense - good win, team is beginning to get it.

DD

7. JW86

JW86 Member

Some really frustrating things in this game, like not finding Jabari who was hot and again another idiotic game from Nix where you wonder "TyTy when?" as well as not finishing at the rim, but again it was our defense and thank god we kept them under a 100, even with their attempt under 20 seconds to go. What an annoying ass team they've become, and I rooted for these punks against the Bucks, thank heavens they didn't win.

aaquaa and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I am so tired of all the nitpicking about favorite players and their individual stats.

We won, great game.

DD

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this franchise will stay bad forever..they just dont care...

aaquaa and Jontro like this.
  10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I am tired of KPJ getting high usage. Has a hot Jabari/Green in the first half and then goes on a 4 straight possession stretch of me myself and I. I don’t care that he’s the pg, I care that he doesn’t understand how to play egoless basketball. I care that he takes the tech free throws when he shoots a .77% as compared to higher .80% from Green.

I know what good basketball looks like, shoot I spent most of my adult life in San Antonio during the prime Spurs years. This guy isn’t just a pg, he is a selfish teammate.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and i need him to get fired! ASAP

PeterKingX and Ankara1923 like this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's not nitpicking. Kpj should not b forcing bad shots while ignoring Smith regardless if we win. Man got only 4 pts more than Smith shooting 11 more shots outrageous.

If kpj was taking good shots and he wasn't hitting its more understandable but man was taking the stupidest shots trying to b da hero.

It's teamball not iso heroball. The sooner we get rid of kpj at pg the better it would b for Smith to actually get involved on offense.

#992 DatRocketFan, Dec 14, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
    conquistador#11 likes this.
  13. maj21

maj21 Member

I am happy. Wtf

Joe Rocket likes this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I love when I see the C running a fast break - and it always ends better than when our PG runs one.

That was one u-g-l-y game. If the Suns get the different bounce they win by 20 with all their wide open misses.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  15. PatBev

PatBev Member

Beat playoff teams and get blown out by bottom feeders

Just like the Harden days

16. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

London's the best! <3
    But I'll need a different visa for staying there, so it might be preferable to come back later for a longer time. (+ just maybe visit Cork for a couple of days.)

Ankara1923 likes this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Fixed.

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Rockets beat a playoff team!!! Yet the vibe is that of a funeral? Really?

When did this fanbase become so miserable and jaded? So many Junior GMs who think their own subjective analysis and roster preference is what should be happening and fail to even notice the growing pains of a ridiculously young team if "their guy" isnt showcased or part of any single game plan.

Stupid hard schedule with an inexperienced squad with loads of talent. Thats how you lose to the Spurs by double digits one night and then you run off two wins vs champion contenders - that is exactly what young teams do!! If the talent wasnt there these games wouldnt even be close! You can see them starting to "get it" like you said. Chemistry is the single most important things for these guys to develop right now. Crybaby ass fans who cant even be bothered to enjoy a win without disclaimers are annoying. Just waiting for a bad game so they can release their rage. Unbelievable.

[​IMG]

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

20. mightybosstone

Agreed 1,000%. One of the best wins of the year and it's all about what players didn't perform to their exact expectations.

The reality is the Rockets will not have a game this year (or ever) where everyone plays incredible. There will always be mistakes and dumb turnovers and guys who should have taken fewer shots and guys who should have taken more. If you can't just enjoy a win like this from a young rebuilding team, can you ever enjoy a win?

I get wanting everyone to perform to their best for the best outcome of the team, but save those critiques for the days they're really warranted.