1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 11/23/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 23, 2005.

1. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

He's trying to control the game by slowing it down. The Suns want to play an up tempo game.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Most of those are TV timeouts.

Yay... Swift with his token ESPN highlight dunk... he'll be done for the night.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

forgive me if this sounds harsh, but they are embarrassing! they have been for a while now.

i'm especially surprised at barry. he hasn't been making nice passes, his shot is off, i haven't even seen a fast break 3 this season!

the two bright spots for me so far are head and Jho. while niether can play defense very well, they have both been playing smart, hustling, and hitting open shots.

4. brooksstephens

Are you guys getting this game on TNT?

5. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Sorry.. you guys replied before I could edit.. I am watching it on ESPN :D

6. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Yao doesn't come back in the 2nd quarter.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Alright... since defense doesn't really matter tonight, here's my lineup submission:

Head, Barry, Wesley, Anderson, Yao.

If they want to collapse on Yao down low, spread the court, and pray that the other 4 can hit an open shot. If they hit more than half of them, we win... if not, we lose.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

does derek anderson think he's jordan with the fade-aways? enough is enough. he is a good spot up shooter, and a decent slasher. thats it! enough with trying to take over the game...

9. dabien1

dabien1 Member

I understand the strategy but it also takes the rockets out whatever Dang'ol flow they are in.

So it's kind overkill if you ask me....

10. dabien1

dabien1 Member

Haha I was thinking the same thing. Not to mention that Swifts hands are even SOFTER than YAO. Chew on that....

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

head really rebounding well tonight!

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Wow... Walton said Yao didn't cover his man, and Yao isn't even in the game. Now THAT is some hater-ade.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

JVG is definitely pissed off at Swift for his "defense" of Diaw.

Seriously... get Yao, Head, Barry, Anderson, and Wesley out there at the same time. The Suns are still going to jack up 3's (so you don't worry about having DA as your PF)... and we'll get plenty of more makeable open looks.

14. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Bill Walton is a yao bandwagon fan. When the going is good, he's the first to say Yao is the greatest center ever. When the going is bad, he'll also be the first to say Yao is the worst center ever.

15. scotia

scotia Contributing Member

is yao playing? sorry, im working right now so can only check the stats from the espn and nba website! :confused:

16. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

LOL, JVG is truly an idiot. What you put Bowen on the floor for?

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

our defense is killing us again. we need a guard who can forse a friggin turn over. the suns have 18 asts / 1 t.o.!

18. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

Wow...we just played a stretch of pretty terrible defense.

Diaw of all people is looking like an all-star

19. dabien1

dabien1 Member

It's going to be a long night and bad Loss tonight. Nash is totally picking apart what you would call rockets "defense"

This team just has a bunch of role players now and with Yao being complete garbage, this game is not winnable. PERIOD.

Just tough luck that TMAC got hurt this year. It was the one thing that we all feared but never saw coming.

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

This is ridiculous. Phoenix lost Joe Johnson and Q-Rich, are without Amare Stoudamire, and have a whole bunch of new players they're trying to integrate. So why are they not having problems? Seriously, this is total BS. No reason in the world why the Rockets should lose this game. This pathetic excuse for a 1st half is just utterly unacceptable. They should all be ashamed for playing this piss-poor. No effort, lazy passes, no heart.