1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 11/22/2010

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Last year we had a designated closer and could not play defense.

This year we have no closer and cannot play defense.

Hence the decline.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I like Battier, but watching him try to jump to score against an opponent, you realize how grounded his and really our entire starting lineup's game is.

3. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

this is the first game this year i've had to turn the tv off, i was about to break something, i've had it with this ****, done, **** this crap, adelman doesn't know hwo to light a fire under these guys asses, i'm so tired of watching this sick weak, soft **** every ****ing day. Run the same god damn play, watch chuck hayes try to score every ****ing day and get the ball slapped out of his hands, watching the other team score with ease and look like championship contenders, i've had it.

Now i know how texans fans feel.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I cant believe how bad we are. We ****ing practiced and we still look like jack asses out there.

5. Houston_Rockets

I am sorry to say this, but....

Hill
    Scola
    Lee
    Martin
    Dish

Should play the majority of the minutes today, but unfortunately Adelman will continue to play nonathletic guys against a team with great athletes plus Nash, doesn´t make sense if you ask me...

PeAcE

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

My bad. Forgot about Scola. He and Yao are the only players on this team worth a damn.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Scola makes more bonehead defensive plays than he gets credit for.

8. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

If the Rockets are just going to mail it in, I'd rather watch JT, Ish, Budinger, Hill and Patterson play most of the minutes with Martin and Scola. At least I can then think about the future. Watching Battier, Lowry, and Hayes out there is just painful.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What a train wreck have we become? How is this humanly possible? I mean...WTF WTF WTF? :confused:

10. plates300

plates300 Member

no they're zoning it out. when martin does drive, they rotate over and take away his driving lanes forcing him to pass it back out on the perimeter to either battier and lowry. on that side, they zone it off and force lowry/battier to shoot from the outside. the perfect plan.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

These guys are workhorses. 8 mins (with breaks due to fouls and timeouts in between) is nothing to them. And please don't use the "energy management" excuse when it comes to Adelman. The one game Kyle Lowry played great he played him 39 minutes straight...during the first game of a back-to-back :rolleyes:

12. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

Lol damn we suck.

13. archinkent

archinkent Member

if adelman still starts hayes over hill next quarter, he is fking dumb.

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

15. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Maybe Kyle and the team played alil to much call of duty black ops

16. plates300

plates300 Member

yep. as much as he scores and rebounds, he gives up just as much if not more. the defensive rotations in the paint have been non existent this season. heck last year we were playing better defense in the paint and it wasn't even all that great.

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm not saying they were tired...

All I'm saying is that they played 8 minutes of the 2nd quarter and then Adelman brought in the starters to close the quarter out.

It's what every coach in the NBA tries to do.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I turn on the game 39-41, YAYZ we STILL CANZ WIN DIS

I turn off Chuck and start watching this instead, and boom, I go back to Chuck. Hopefully Chuck can start to flash again, because the Rockets aren't finding their shot anytime soon....

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I really can't think of any reasons why Lowry plays over Ish at this point.

20. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

Thank you Clutch, this is the horn I have been blowing for some time now. We just don't have any real athleticism in our starting lineup (or even our bench for that matter).

Ariza/Brooks aren't missed as much as their athleticism is. Scola, Battier, Chuck, and still recovering Lowry (not the same as years past) and even Martin will never be mistaken for above average athletically.

You can get away with 2 maybe 3 unathletic players, but a roster full of them spells disaster, esp. when they are also limited offensively.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.