1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 11/17/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2007.

1. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

that's the problem...the guy we can't win without DOESN'T have heart. he's our best player and is the only one that has the potential to take the rockets anywhere past the first round. problem is, he's soft, fragile and shoots jumpshots when it matters most.

he also doesn't get in guys' faces and is not the vocal leader that this team desperately needs. and again, in order for the rockets to go where they want to go, he has to do all of these things. that's what you see is what you get with him. if he's on the bench, actively involved in timeouts and cheering on the team when he's hurt, that speaks volumes to the rest of the team. just look at d-wade...he travels with the heat and sits on the bench of every game he's not playing.

he doesn't do the things that win championships. i love the guy's game and watching him play, and he's by far the best player on the team...but he doesn't have that "it" that players that win rings do.

2. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

the guy that does not have heart clamored to come back into a game v. one of the best 3 teams only to be denied by the doctor. and that's 5 days early from the timetable. that's the guy that appears not to heart heart. that guy that is emotional twice after both game 7 losses: the only rocket player who showed pretty much emotion like his father just died. that's the guy that doesn't care or has no heart.

duncan doesn't get into guys' faces. wade doesn't get into guys faces. oh yea, they're not leaders. the only way u can be leaders is get into guys' faces :rolleyes: obviously, u haven't taken a course in leadership. most leaders lead BY EXAMPLES. go to your local camp counselor. go watch your parents.

and yes, sitting on the bench means much of anything. you're like a girl who reads too much into everything and anything. are u the person who gets annoyed and frustrated over a date who doesn't give u the call the next day? and going to commit suicide that she/he doesn't.

get over yourself.

3. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

there's a reason he's never been past the first round. there's a reason he was up 3-1 (then breathed a "press conference" sigh of relief about feeling so good to be in the second round) and lost the series to detroit. there's a reason he was up 2-0 TWICE...and then up 3-2 TWICE...and lost those series.

by the way, i never saw any tears after game 7 last year...just a drama-queen who was having to eat his flamoyant words to stephen a. smith in front of a national audience.

come on kid...obviously YOU have never been on a bench or been in a lockerroom. your teammates notice these things.

and by the way ^ 2...i'm married. funny how you can judge me off of 2 posts to a bulletin board.

4. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

did kobe lose a 3-1 lead too? everyone says he's the most competitive person in the world.

it's about team. when we have 2 superstars, when tmac is down, yao should pick it up. or the role players should pick it up.

the same way when dirk sucked the hell out of the playoffs vs us and his teammates picked him up.

or when wade struggled vs the bulls 2 yrs ago in the first round and shot 41% but shaq and others picked him up.

the same way duncan struggled in the finals last yr and parker picked him up.

no one picks tmac up. when tmac struggles, can u honestly say some other player steps up, even yao?

read the bolded comment again. obviously you're a hater. he cried ON THE BENCH after the dallas loss in game 7. and he tried to hide it too but the camera caught him. then last yr he was speechless when someone asked him about the help of his teammates (esp. rafer).

please, it's fine if u criticize tmac, but please, when the examples i mentioned of OTHER SUPERSTAR STRUGGLING AND STILL WIN, please shut your mouth.

5. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

who crowned you the boss of the threads?

mcgrady is such a hard guy to come to a conclusion on because everything he does is inconsistent in terms of a superstar player. not even giving his teammates the time of day, not sitting with his team on the bench when he's hurt, not traveling with the team when he's hurt, sititng on the bench with towels over your head like a primadonna when the rest of the bench is going crazy, etc., etc...he could be jordan if he just wanted it badly enough. i mean, the guy's admitted baseball's his favorite sport...another thing that speaks volumes.

he's just so good and so talented, but is just short of taking the next step. and he's been at that point for years now, which is why his heart and his will are always questioned. there's no doubt he's one of the top 5 talents in the NBA, but until he consistently plays with the fire he needs and decides to put his stamp on EVERY game instead of settling for jumpshots...the rockets are first round and out team.

6. PlayDoh

PlayDoh Member

Damn i am sick and tired of the YOFs, let me say this to all the YOFs on this board: GET OFF THIS BOARD! go to a personal fansite like the one yao have. this bbs is for ROCKETS FANS.

and

We are 8th seed at beast with out Tmac. there is no debate Tmac is numeral uno. we cant do anything without this guy. stop making excuses for yao. the true is Yao cant not, i repeat, can not carry a team by himself!

7. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

maybe they're first round and out b/c yao is still not a superstar? the role players never stepped up (remember the 4 players who scored only last yr IN A PLAYOFF GAME).

yea, it's not about TEAM.

even jordan never won until he had pippen, grant, and phil jackson arrived.

again, u EXTRAPOLATE all your arguments just b/c tracy doesn't sit on the bench. there's something wrong w/ that.

8. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

No, you obviously didn't read all my previous quote...I "EXTRAPOLATE" all my arguments based on his ENTIRE demeanor to HIS team. We all KNOW it's HIS team, yet he distances himself from it every chance he gets.

9. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

it's his and yao's team brother. he's just the most important player on this team, but yao is just as much of this team as tmac's.

we cannot win a championship without yao, point blank.

and he distances himself? you mean from team meetings, hangouts... every player on this team has a great relationship w/ tmac and looks up to him. they all believe in him.

but not sitting with them pisses you off and makes you think he tries to distance himself from the team. oh my.

maybe he' in the locker room getting treatment not only on the elbow but his back. he usually stays in the locker room to get treatment in previous years.

he was out warming up w/ the team dude so relax.

10. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

you're still not getting my point...so maybe you're illiterate. or you and ole t-mac are butt buddies or something. or maybe i'm talking to t-mac?

IT'S MORE THAN ABOUT NOT SITTING ON THE BENCH. it's not even TRAVELING with the team when he's hurt, sititng on the bench with towels over your head like a primadonna when the rest of the bench is going crazy, NOT EVEN GIVING HIS TEAMMATES THE TIME OF DAY, etc., etc...the guy acts like he's too for school. now if you're a teammate of his, your'e telling me you don't notice those things at all?

we need yao obviously, but he's a guy that if the other team has the right personnel, you can take him out of the game. that's why big guys like yao (not big guys like hakeem, they're a different breed) can't carry teams by themselves every game. your star guards can and are the guys that are supposed to do that. mcgrady is the one who has to carry them when it MATTERS MOST, and he's shown he can't do that, doesn't want to do that, or has the inablility to do it.

11. htownzfinest

htownzfinest Member

Horrible HORRIBLE game from Yao. Getting out rebounded by Barbosa is just unacceptable. He looked like rookie Yao out there last night. Pathetic... He better do something about this..

12. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

have u talked to his teammates? has anyone called him out? jvg, the strictest coach there is, let him do that last year too.

maybe it's you thinking too much like a girl.

13. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

who's gonna step up and call him out? he makes $20 million a year, and bottom line is the prima donna t-mac is still better 95% of the players in the league.

the problem is, he knows that's the way it is and that's why he's able to get away with it without anybody calling him out. but again and again, when it matters most and it's time to take the next step, he's not able to.

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

29/7/7 45%fg, 36% 3pt, 1.5 bpg, 1.5 spg

yes it's all on him in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

you're talking about that and just goes in circles and just wants to criticize his playoff failures.

last yr was the only time u could say it's on him b/c he had a good team and he failed to deliver (but he was not completely in shape last yr).

u cannot blame him th other times.

one guy will NEVER win 4 games in the playoffs.

15. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

I am sick of this crap. When he was needed to score 30PPG with Yao out last year, he did...21-11 record as a result. When we needed him to pick up the Rockets during each home game of the playoffs after the "force it down to Yao" mentality failed each game, T-Mac had huge 2nd halves in each home game to make each one winnable. In game 7, after the team went down 16, T-Mac carried thee Rockets on his shoulders with a 29/13/5 on 12-25 shooting night (and no, he didn't dissapear in the 4th, he did what everyone wants him to do and that was feed Yao, who was unstoppable that quarter when he had 14pts...defensive rebounding and defense lost that game). People wanted the told T-Mac back, and he lost 15lbs in the offseason and was playing as good of ball as we have ever seen from him as a Rocket yet people still b****. This season, when it was time ot come up big in the clutch, he did, including 2 very clutch games against Bobcats and Grizzlies (lost Grizzlies game because Adelman kept T-Mac out too long). Then, he gets injured with an injury that normally takes 2-3 weeks to recover from, and people are calling for his head saying that he is riding it out or trying to avoid the tough teams.

People have to chill out with the constant badgering of T-Mac.

16. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i think generally houston fans respect tmac. but on this board, it's unbelievable what they say about tmac.

kobe says he wants to be traded and diss the lakers organization and teammates, and though they booed him in his first few possessions, they have embraced him now (even after the rape incident)

peyton manning failed a ton b4 winning and the fans always embraced him before that.

AROD actually got more applauds than derek jeter in NY last yr despite his failures.

and here, ppl diss tmac left and right despite he being the only guy who has consistently performs v. the best teams. it's really unbelievable.

17. kidwai88

kidwai88 Member

Ya what a ho ass move. i hope phil runs the score up on the suns again. ive never said this before but i hope kobe gets a hundred on their asses

18. zoids

zoids Member

Hello, some guy called KG would like to talk to you about your stupid opinion.

19. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Folks were mad at T-Mac for game 7 because after taking a small lead, he drove the lane and got hammered with no calls. Then he took a jump shot and missed. That jumpshot, instead of forcing the issue in the paint forcing the refs to make a call that they likely wouldn't, is why they were ticked at him.

Its the Vince Young syndrome: Play like crap for 4 quarters, make one good play to win the game and you are a great QB. Play like a stud for 4 quarters, but lose the game because your defense cant stop anyone in crunch time, and you are a nobody.

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Yeah that's how it is....in the media all of those players are bashed even though they might be the best players in their respective sport.

Name one player in baseball who has as good as numbers and fielding skills as A-Rod

Name how many QBs in the last 5 years who have put as good as numbers as Payton.

What players in NBA are on both sides of the floor and in clutch situations are as good Kobe?

In all three situations, you won't find more than one answer, if any at all.

Plus, it goes to show you that the Yankees, Lakers, Colts don't have fair weathered fans, like most teams do.