1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 5/11/2017 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 10, 2017.

1. threepointshot3

123 to 102 Rockets win. I think this could be the making of Harden. He is getting smashed by every media outlet from here to Africa so hopefully this will be that burning desire, that motivation to go to another level. This could be the making of a sleeping giant to awaken from it's slumber

BigShasta likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think they have a good chance but rather everyone incl. the role players bail us out once again.

#TeamEffort

threepointshot3 likes this.
  3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I don't like the China National Team Rockets... the Usual White and Red home accents will be fine.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

These guys are trolling Harden:

[​IMG]

5. RyanB

RyanB Member

Hate being pessimistic
    Go rockets, they'll respond and win
    From there, anything is possible

6. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Really hope that was Harden's last Westbrook impersonation this postseason!

Rockets by 15

7. macan

macan Member

8 men rotation is ideal

8. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I'll go with 9.

9. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

The key in this game believe it or not is D'Antoni expanding his rotation to play Dekker and perhaps Harrell. He needs to manage is team better in the sense of putting the team in the best position with the best players fresh to win.

I really put the blame on the game 5 loss on D'Antoni for gassing the Shorthanded rotation and refusing to add energy reinforcements. I may be alone in this opinion, but so be it. Stubbornness can lose the series.

pippendagimp likes this.
  10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Before the series I predicted Spurs in 6. Really hope I'm wrong.

Brown Lost It likes this.
  11. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

You're right, Harden was gassed by OT. Can't play 7 guys. Won't work.

12. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I still can't believe this dude played 7 players lol

13. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Yep and I'm not a fan of micro-managing...in fact I believe that to be counter-productive. BUT, some times the GM/owner needs to tell the coach what's up. Tell him to consider the human element. Players (even finely tuned marquee athletes) get tired/fatigued, especially playing high intense games against the same opponent every other night.

Yes, some times, a stubborn coach (employee) needs to be reminded how to do their job. Yes i said it. I just have no respect for the coaching method of running players to the ground.

Those of you who would say "oh come on, these players are paid MILLIONS to do what they love to do." I beg to differ. It is incredibly difficult, grueling and taxing on a professional athlete's body and lifestyle to play in the big leagues. They get paid exorbitant salaries as compensation for that. I can empathize with the grind they have to go through over the season and their careers. It's no joke. These are human beings.....they get tired and mentally drained. This is not an excuse...it's human.....and anyone on here reading this...I don't care for your calloused opinion if you can't see the common sense of the human element.

MDA needs to play more guys to preserve his best players for the marathon....not the sprint.

HTX Ninja likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just bought tickets.

If this is the end of the season, then I will remember this year very fondly. Great season. Most fun in years.

I think they push it to 7, though. Let's hope!

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. Remlap

Remlap Member

If we can't beat them with a gimped up Leonard, then we surely don't deserve to advance.
    Besides, the winner gets the honor of being thrashed by GSW anyway

Rox11 likes this.
  16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Sigh, I'm deflated, I know we will win but we will have already lost the series if we are the mercy of Hardens bs in late close games if it goes 7. Such a winnable game such a winnable game so damn frustrating

17. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

A Fatigued 7-man rotation could even lose to a fresh Sacramento Kings squad. Fresh legs matter.

Remlap likes this.
  18. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

If Kawhi doesn't play today, y'all already know its going to Game 7. It's all a conspiracy!!!!!!

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I refuse to believe Harrell can't be serviceable against the Spurs small lineup.

Remlap likes this.
  20. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

or Dekker

Remlap likes this.