1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 2/9/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 8, 2004.

1. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Actually I remember Bulls games, and I also those threes Kerr made from MJ's driving and passing, and those points Lonley made during crunch time again from MJ's driving and passing. That's smart basketball. That's called team sport and trusting your teammates. If you always do the obvious things, you will never have a chance.

2. newmemo1

newmemo1 Member

Steve does what he thinks the best..which does not mean a lot. He gets credit for trying his best, which may not be right for the team, or situation. If the coaching staff thinks they know how to work with him (by not trading him or using him differently), blame the coaches for the repeated bad plays at the end of most quarters. Having said that, it is probably best for both Steve the the Rockets to part their way.

Mobley made bonehead decisions sometimes, but he soes not panic as easily as Steve. He also defends better. Get an average PG + second tier 3 or 4, Rockets will be a team nobody wants to see in the playoff.

3. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

It is you who has some memory problem. JVG gave the ball to Cat and he found JJ for the last shot. If it were SF, he would have jacked up an off balance air ball.

4. rocketman113

rocketman113 Member

exactly, notice the shot JJ took was covered also but he played it right and got off a good shot....

5. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

it would be more like 8 secs left, and we could be down by 2 only.

6. farhan007

farhan007 Member

ya, but to bad francis was the one who gave it up to cat who then gave it to jj.

7. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Right after SF pull it out against Hory, Padget has a shot. But I guess SF was too busy dribbling...

8. dugtzu

dugtzu Contributing Member

Wrong.

1. I've heard VG state numerous times the importance of fast breaks, getting easy transition baskets and pushing the ball in general.

2. When M Jackson is in the game he pushes the ball quite a bit more than Steve.

Steve has said it plenty of times- "I'm going to play my game no matter what..."

Well, that's his game.

9. farhan007

farhan007 Member

im talking about the bulls game 3 games ago!! LoL!! Sorry for the miscommunication.

10. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

I dont feel too bad about this loss.. I think everyone on the team played hard and JVG should have seen that and been happy about that at least.

True SF made a bad decision at the end but JVG should have saved some timeouts too.. it was a fun hard fought game and we held our own against the champs.

If we could ever learn to control our turnovers we would have one awesome team.

J

11. farhan007

farhan007 Member

no he didnt. PAgget was gaurded.

12. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Why do I have this weird feeling that Steve's about to be traded?

Anyways....Yes SF should have taken it to the hole but after that nobody appeared open. So he took a bad shot. Nobody got open and the pick was unsuccesful so pretty much it was a busted play. And I'm guessing if there was a timeout avaiable than there wouldn't be a busted play. Blame the L on Mo Taylor and JVG before you do Steve.

13. haven

haven Member

We truly do have Francis-only fans.

What did we see?

1. Yao had an awesome game.
    2. Steve had a terrible game.
    3. Steve still wanted to run the show during the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. The last shot of the game was terrible.

So, in this thread the Francis-only fans suggest:

1. It's somehow Van Gundy's fault that Francis can't hit more than 1/3 of his shots.
    2. Yao isn't "ready" to be the man (clearly, that efficient offensive play is all luck). And how dare he not block Ginobli's freaky-deaky hook shots after he blew past his man in the lane.

There are more YOFs than FOFs on this board. But the FOFs are more insidious, because they're less honest about their inclinations.

14. rocketman113

rocketman113 Member

I thought we were past the moral victories by now...specially since the spurs have already beaten the rockets twice this season....I don't think it's too much to ask for a little progress...this team is pretty much exactly the same as it was last year record wise at this time and that means no playoffs again...

15. AGBee

AGBee Member

That alley oop he almost connected on would've been great.

16. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

True...
    MJ also HAS the ability to get shots off that other can NOT do. Thus, it's a strength with high percentage chance of being effective.

Just because he's MJ.

17. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

Go to sleep, guys. Its' freances'team. 0.5 around. Some night his shot is hot, we win, some night it''s cold, sorry. Get along with it, or be some other team's fan. :).

18. Charvo

Charvo Member

Posey and Horry are not on the Rockets payroll because of the horrid salary maneuvers of the last few years. The team is doomed to failure until these albatrosses come off the payroll. You can guess who the albatrosses are.

19. newmemo1

newmemo1 Member

What did we see?

1. Yao had an awesome game.

Not meeting expectations :)

2. Steve had a terrible game.

He payed really hard

3. Steve still wanted to run the show during the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. The last shot of the game was terrible.

It's called leadership :)

So, in this thread the Francis-only fans suggest:

1. It's somehow Van Gundy's fault that Francis can't hit more than 1/3 of his shots.
    2. Yao isn't "ready" to be the man (clearly, that efficient offensive play is all luck). And how dare he not block Ginobli's freaky-deaky hook shots after he blew past his man in the lane.

There are more YOFs than FOFs on this board. But the FOFs are more insidious, because they're less honest about their inclinations.

20. farhan007

farhan007 Member

haven, when di people say in this thread that its jvg's fault for steve missing most his shots. Im just talking about the last shot. If JVG used his timeouts wisely, we could of gotten a better shot.