1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 2/27/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2016.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Fine.

Needs to get a coach this offseason. Needs to retool some role players.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Not Morey's fault...that the guys he paid, CANT make buckets at the FREAKING rim.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Drogba

Drogba Member

Time to accept this is a BAD team. Take away Harden and we'd be battling the Sixers for the worst record in the League.

Smith, Jones, Brewer, Lawson are some of the worst players in the League and they get good minutes on this team.

5. Lightsnowaction

Can't blame Morey too much. I guess he didn't know JBB DOESN'T KNOW GOOD AND BAD ON THE COURT. Or how a guy has to play to gain confidence in his game. It doesn't always come from thin air.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Warriors clinched a playoff spot
    Rockets are at whatever irrelevant seed

Warriors: #Pursuit of greatness
    Rockets: Swag champs boi! We got to the WCF! We made it ma!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Warriors clinch playoff spot (thanks to Houston's loss)! 1st team to clinch in February since 1987-88 Lakers (who won NBA title)</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/703785354353102852">February 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Mchale did the same thing it should be obvious that his protege would do it too.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If he can actually read a stat sheet he would never have signed people like Brewer or Smith - he filled this roster with guys who can't shoot.

DD

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Unless this team pulls a miracle and wins a playoff series or two then Morey will be in the hot seat. If that happens ( we win a few series in the playoffs) I expect him to have a lifetime job.

I am a huge Morey supporter, but this is a very sought after position in a results league and I believe that this upcoming offseason will be his final test. Who he hires to coach this team and who he fills the roster out with will determine his legacy as a Rocket.

If he fails to land the big fish in Durant, I won't fault him, but if he fails to sign another scoring threat to assist Harden (whether it be Conley, Barnes or Derozen) I will. If he hires another low IQ coach I will fault him even if it's KD's first choice (unless that choice lands KD, which I still believe should be and will be a high IQ coach, Pop is the gold standard we need a guy from his tree). We need to bring in an Xs and Os guy. Messina should be our #1 target.

If the team doesn't perform in a way we expected them to this season, next season, then Morey's masterplan of adding superstars to create a championship will be a failed experiment.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

But we would will still have his three point philosophy. Don't you think he should change his philosophy?

11. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Like 0-8 in turn the corner games I think

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Morey is already in the hotseat according to cyberx

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You're ready to fire him already? lol

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Experiment gone bad...could've gone either way but rolled snake eyes up to this point

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I hate to admit it, I damn near with you.

J.B Bickerstaff shouldn't be a head coach of a college team much less an NBA outfit.

16. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Yes indeed. Rox got trouble making wide open layups let alone high volume three pointers

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

It's all part of the plan to get the 8th spot and then to take down the Warriors.

18. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

If Morey is let go, who are the possible replacements?

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I feel he should be fired. I think his entire philosophy is wrong and I don't believe that's the kind of thing a man his age can unlearn or reevaluate. Get someone in here who knows how to build a team from the ground up and understands the importance of coaching and defense.

Of course, that ignores the even bigger problem which is Les. He refuses to tank in order to rebuild and just like with Morey, I can't imagine he's gonna change his way of thinking in his early 70's. So we're gonna have to suffer through another stretch of mediocrity where Les and whoever his GM is are constantly trying to trade for or sign a superstar.

20. brunojb5

brunojb5 Member

Agreed. You can't reward Smith with PT if he is shooting 34% from the field.