1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/25/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2015.

1. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Nothing has happened, it's just for win, u didn't need to put everyone on game

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

IIRC, Kingof40A would be one of the the last people you would expect to be homophobic. Regardless, slurs like that shouldn't be thrown around.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pop said <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Spurs?src=hash">#Spurs</a> wilted against Rockets' physical defense: &quot;I don't think we adjusted to that very well.&quot;</p>&mdash; Tom Orsborn (@tom_orsborn) <a href="https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/680614513352163328">December 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">More from Pop on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Spurs?src=hash">#Spurs</a> failing to match Rockets' physicality: &quot;If that's the way the game is going to be called, you have to roll with it.&quot;</p>&mdash; Tom Orsborn (@tom_orsborn) <a href="https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/680614617945513984">December 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duncan on Rockets: &quot;They always try to be physical. They take it over the top sometimes, but such is basketball. They got us on our heels.&quot;</p>&mdash; Tom Orsborn (@tom_orsborn) <a href="https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/680614816063459328">December 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Spurs?src=hash">#Spurs</a> fell to 4-6 on Xmas after losing 3 straight on the holiday. Duncan: I hate playing on Christmas, but that's just me.&quot;</p>&mdash; Tom Orsborn (@tom_orsborn) <a href="https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/680615517057449984">December 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pop concedes his Hack-a-Howard tactics &quot;maybe hurt our momentum...But who really knows? I go back and forth on it, but I’d do it again.”</p>&mdash; Tom Orsborn (@tom_orsborn) <a href="https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/680616011054190592">December 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

4. malakas

malakas Member

So happy for this win. Our defence was so good. If we can play like this from now on we can be the contenders we thought we were.

Its not an excuse. And one month at least.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

A team as fumbly as the Spurs last night should have gotten blown out by at least 20. The Rox still have a long way go.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Quoting posts from people saying we lose just to prove a point is pretty bad. I was pleasantly surprised for the win; I am a rockets fan but an optimistic one also. It's not like I always think we are going to lose...

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Great win

Looks like Rockets always play UP and DOWN to the opposition

Beat OKC,CLips twice, @ Dallas on a B2B, Spurs etc bt lose to Nets and Nuggets

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Wow look at the Spurs talking about how we're too physical??? Lol expect a ton of foul calls when we see them in a week or so.

They know what there doing.

Back to the rockets, we can be the best defense in the NBA were longer faster and more athletic than any team in basketball we just have to commit.

And to the fans still crying after a good win, make a thread to post in for cry babies and only post there. No room for the negativity when we just beat the best team statsistcally in the NBA.

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Listening to the national broadcast, they were right about our defense.

You have Howard, Capela, Ariza, and Beverly all starting.

It makes no sense that our defense would be "bad". It should be very good. Even if harden is a sieve.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

True.... There's tons of standing reach and wingspan on this team. Beverly, Ariza, Howard, and Capela have all of that.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Capela and Dwight will probably be in foul trouble the entire game lol.

12. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Lol first we dont play defense now they saying we play too physical. Wth. Lol not very respectful. Sore losers.

13. bmd

bmd Member

Talking to some Spurs fans, their excuse for the game is that they didn't run their normal sets because they didn't want to show everything they'll use in the playoffs suing a nationally televised game......

They are very much sore losers.

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

We outplayed them, gotta keep doing it though

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Even Hardens wingspan is huge 6'11 that's a lot of
    Length in the starting lineup.

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

The first time I wrote it off that you were just drunk and made a regrettable homophobic slur, but after doing it 6 posts in a row, maybe you just are an ******* if that's the way you normally talk. C'mon man, you're better than that.

Back on topic, great win and a very nice Christmas surprise. Games like this give me hope that we can hang with anyone if we can just develop some consistency.

1 person likes this.
  17. beardsanity713

yeah sewer gotta go asap im tired of him getting minutes over thornton and KJ

18. beardsanity713

I knew he was gonna do it...

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I've been saying this for weeks now. Harden has always been bad at defense but as a team we've not been this bad. Harden is still playing better defense this year than the 2013-14 season. So the problems are elsewhere.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LOL, Glad the nickname is sticking, lol.