1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/20/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 19, 2016.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

What did he say?

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

We should tank

ramotadab likes this.
  4. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I can't quote him, but that basically he shouldn't have turned the ball over late and should have run the team better. Took responsibility personally. First time I have seen that, instead of just saying that the team lost. But he did say a lot of team stuff also...on the positive side of growing. These are interpretations, not word for word.

Tha_Dude, ksny15, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Tough loss BUT I think this team is for real.

ramotadab and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Too much cheering when Mills hit that 3.

F*** the Spurs

13 in 33 likes this.
  7. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

The playoffs is a different animal, as we all know. I think the Rockets can pull off a 7 game series against all of 3 those teams, honestly. Maintain the same level of intensity on D, hit some 3s once and a while, why dontcha', and play sharp down the stretch and we'll be ready. A rim protector wouldn't hurt either...

Yeah, there are these idiots I talk to, some of them good friends. I kept telling them the Spurs won all those championships because of Duncan. They didn't listen. Now they are telling me Kahwi is the second coming. They seem to hate Aldridge. Probably, because he's not Duncan, I say. They continue to plug their ears and wait for Parker & Ginobili to discover the fountain of youth. Some fine women and some devastatingly stupid people in S.A. That's all I'll say about the Spurs.

I hope this loss stings in the Rockets bellies a bit, so they can learn from it, Harden especially.

They are well coached-this year. I'm impressed by tonight. Everyone should be. The adjustment after our threes weren't falling was something I wasn't expecting. Spurs also have some experience to go w/ that coaching. It was good to see Bev and James be vocal on the sideline. The veterans must set a good example for the youngin's on this team if we are to make a run this year.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Came by to say ... 1 hour later. I'm still mad. Sad. All the above.

FANfrom86toNow and Vivi like this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I literally cannot believe what Eric Gordon was thinking when he hoisted those 3's early in the shot clock. Have to know the situation.

hakeem94 and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, overall we literally gifted this game to the Spurs...everything went in their favor in the last 3/4 minutes...like, every ****ing thing...smdh...

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He was open.

He's a sharp shooter. I liked the shot.

It breaks the Spurs back if he nails it.

Tough luck tonight.

Patty Mills, Ginobli, and Green hit their threes.

Beverley, Gordon,Anderson, and Harden didn't. The teams going to get better.

ramotadab, Bo6, RocketsTerps and 2 others like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Harden taking responsibility is a great thing IMHO.

DD

Houtho, Jayzers_100 and Remlap like this.
  13. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Gordon is a knock down shooter, that's his main job on this team, what had me cringing was Harden hoisting 11 3's and only hitting one... he was finishing well at the basket, don't understand why he chose to shoot all those bad shots when his shot is obviously not falling, after like 8 misses you have to be like ok my jumper is off I have to find another way to score.

14. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Roll a fatty and watch some youtube videos of the Clutch City runs. Works every time.

hakeem94 and ramotadab like this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some of the times he isn't really even trying to take the 3's, but sees an arm he can sling his up under and flail his arms up to draw the foul. It worked for him 3 times. That being said, I wish he wasn't the one taking the most 3's, because we have 4 other players with much better percentages from behind the arc.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You either hit that shot, or it is a moronic shot. One of the two. Those are the options.

Unfortunately he did not hit it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Rocketeer4Life

Why didn't D'antoni call a timeout when Spurs were hitting those 3s, making 9 straight points?
    I put this game on him!

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

this loss reaaaaally hurt T-T

19. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Nah, there's also a third option. You can pull it out and run some clock and possibly get another shot.

J Sizzle likes this.
  20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

All in all this loss doesn't hurt much. Memphis lost and Utah is going to lose so nobody gains any ground :)

ramotadab and RedNation like this.