1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/20/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

The turnovers are gonna happen with Harden due to our pace and him passing much more, I'm more concerned about his jumper being so unreliable lately, he has a bad habit of trying to shoot more when his shot is off and he winds up jacking up too many terrible contested shots that kill our momentum. He needs to work on his shooting, I wish he would work with a shooting coach.

Cashmoney likes this.
  2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Uh, last time they choked a game away was at OKC. They came home the next night and beat the Blazers by 17. And that was earlier in the season when Portland was still playing decent ball.

DreamShook and Tha_Dude like this.
  3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It was the dumb end of the game turn overs that cost the Rockets the game... And that is the only reason.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If we have to shoot 6-38 for the Spurs to beat us by 2...I like our future prospects against them.

5. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

We have a really good team. Not discouraged at all by this loss. It's a tough one, but I'm happy with our fight without Capela. Keep up the positive vibes, no meltdowns should be had on this board. If you do meltdown you should stop ASAP. Our teams good, simply.

6. JazzLakerHater

No doubt about it, but they won't beat the Warriors or Cava. Hell, I think in a 7 game series, we have a chance.

7. riko

riko Member

After being somewhat calm now and looking at it more logical to shoot like we did from the 3pt line and still be up 11 on the spurs with 3 minutes to go , Shows the potential of this team. Defense has come leaps and bounds from the start of the season when the Lakers scored 130 on us. It is not all doom and gloom. Once we get a combination of both set in stone on both sides of the ball we will be tough to stop.

FANfrom86toNow, jnuge90 and Tha_Dude like this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Tough loss but doesn't change my opinion of this team. We only lost by 2

jnuge90 likes this.
  9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Supposed to go for the TIE at home and shoot the 3 on the road.

Was expecting something more inventive on the last play..

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

20-8, barely lost to a very difficult team without our starting C, why are you guys so upset?

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah I hate to blame d'antoni ... Because he's been great this year ... BUT . Unless the players just crap the bed I think losing a game you should have won is on the coach .

Can't blame James ... He only had 3 TO's tonight .

Ariza , one mistake , but great otherwise .

Dekker and Harrell .. Get some young fellas

Nene , Meh... Played about as well as we could hope for.

Gordon and Anderson ... Maybe , but they did a stellar job on the defensive end and the only BAD thing they did was not hit open 3's .

A collapse down the stretch always looks bad and man it definitely FEELS bad , but we played great for a long time this game . If we can play that level of defense and movement and energy ... And hit an average amount of 3's then we will win 60+ games this year lol

DreamShook likes this.
  12. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Rockets just got sloppy with the ball at the end, but the Spurs make you pay for those mistakes, man. Rockets taught the T-Wolves a similar lesson the other night but the Spurs still prove we too have more to learn.

13. brunojb5

brunojb5 Member

Very sloppy end to a very well played game by both teams.

Rockets made too many mistakes in the final 4 minutes, starting with a quick 3 by EG after an offensive rebound. No need to do that, specially against the Spurs.

14. Rockets4Life13

About 15 minutes later it still feals like a heartattack. Holy cow it hurts so much that we lost that game... still not going to blame the team you gotta see that we are a 3pt shooting team and we were horrible on shooting this night and we still almost won against a top 3 team. Gotta learn something from that and keep playing well like we did all season. I really want to see more dekker, he's freakin awesome.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Damnit damnit damnit!!!! I was so proud of our guys, couldn't hit a 3 to save their lives but defense had built that 13 point lead. And they were doing a great job keeping the turnovers down and forcing Kawhi into giveaways.

I was thinking wow this team just finds a way to win even with abysmal downtown shooting.

And they ****ing pissed it away. UGH!

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  16. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Eh we should have won this game. We lost it ourselves. We good.

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I hate when we're up double digits in the clutch and we keep chucking 3s... I know that's the "offense" and the " Keep your foot on the gas" cliche but it keeps us from taking advantage of other teams desperation... They're going to reach more and play physical which should enable us to get more FTAs... but again , that's not the offense.

18. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

I'd hate to know what you felt like when Lillard hit that 3 to end our season. You probably were in a coma.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets have won 10 of their last 11 games.. That's pretty awful IMO. Trade everybody.

Tha_Dude and JayGoogle like this.
  20. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

You can't just replace a guy like Duncan. The Spurs are still an excellent team but they will never be the same going forward.

Didn't like how the Rockets folded. Whenever I see Harden in games like this, I feel that he's too good to not build a team around, but yet I don't trust him in the clutch.