1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/19/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

2. conquistador#11

Can someone post all of Sengun plays on Defense. I've noticed that his best defensive games are ones where Jabari does his thing defensively.
    https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/sengun-defensive-rating-game-by-game

I refuse to believe Alpi allowed as many points as he scored in 22 minutes. People acting like 124 points were on him. For example, on two three point attempts he had to close out because no one was near the shooter, both went in.
    Baby Jones drives no resistance , Sengun leaves Poetl to pick up Baby Jones, Baby Jones finds a cutting Vassell 2x. The pick and roll defense at top of the 3 was reminiscent of Yao on Boozer but you take it and return the favor at the offensive end.
    Now the 2 plays that did show bad body language. 1st quarter: Spurs are in transition, Sengun gets back covering the outlet, ball handler is parallel but Sengun just lets him get the lay up & throws his arms up as to say why didn't anyone stop the ball. He didn't even jump to contest. But then it would probably have been a plus one. The thing is the defense got worse when he left in the 3rd quarter and same things happened with the Bruno.
    [​IMG]

My conclusions are that this team soils itself against teams that move the ball and as the perimeter defense goes so does team defense.That sets the tone for Sengun being average to decent at Defense. Our best defender is Garuba as he does the things our SF,SG and PG are not willing to do. And it's not contesting the three but harassing the ball handler at the three point line. Another game where they go 50% from threes.

So my other, other lineup would be:

Sengun
    Garuba
    Jabari
    Green
    KPJ
    It's a line up Silas hinted towards using but surprise surprise hasn't. Try something other than Lob threat.
    [​IMG]

clutchdabear, Boii, Alpifan and 3 others like this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What I said stands. You repeat yourself incessantly. 90% of the time it’s negative. That is separate issue wether I understand basketball or not.

If you hate the team’s trajectory that much. Now stating if they win down the line they didn’t do it the right way. You are setting yourself up to be able to b**** for the next decade about the Houston, Rockets.

Congrats

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

senguns type is ruling the NBA 3rd year in a row (NIKOLA JOKIC) or 5th year in a row if you will....an european player that cant shoot 3s but is uber efficient and mostly attacks the rim....

clutchdabear and daywalker02 like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

that offensive genius coaching

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

clutchdabear, burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Covid posts now? Needing to see someone drop dead before your eyes in order to validate a subjective worldview and discredit the many people who have died? Par for the course for these scumbags.

12. conquistador#11

Mid 90s Washington Bullets. So much talent that were never able to play as a team. Webber, Rasheed, Juwon, Cheaney was a 6th pick.
    Don't know what that has to do with anything. NBA Live 96' for the win.

clutchdabear likes this.
  13. Alpifan

Alpifan Member

I see your point but securing and keeping an all star potential team right from the draft is practically impossible.
    If you had say 5 great talents, then they would be offered close to max contracts at the end of their rookie contract and the team would lose some of them. So, no matter what you do, it's at the end of the day about building a winning team with stars as well as role players.

Rockets have not been able to not make a winning team out of the current talent pool. Unless we address this issue, no additional talent will push us to above .5 win rate.

I think this game AGAIN proved the competency difference between the coaches of rockets and spurs. We need a better coaching stuff. I can't help to think if the picture would be different if popovich was our coach. I think the answer is a definite yes.

clutchdabear likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing is they won't all be All Stars at the end of their tenure.

Other teams will get the chance to reap the rewards of the final step.... molding them into All stars.

You got to offer big money for them, playing time, touches, field goal attempts and freedom.

Alpifan likes this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

@hakeem94 -- has the stats changed in a month?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think we will see more blowout moments not as an end result but during the game.

17. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

While Silas is not a pro level coach, I think that the entire staff has disappointed and that includes Hollins and Mouhammad. I’d keep Lucas around, but not as head coach. We need a fresh start and new direction with these kids. Now is the time to nake the change so they can learn the new system by next year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bruno and Bari our next PGs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

YES because if you wait for the offseason the new coach will have his excuses ready and built in...
    its only his first year, his first training camp, his first this and his first that....

SO START NOW 9 MONTHS IN ADVANCE

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

whozee likes this.