1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/19/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2022.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Look, for tanking purposes, the two curb stomping by the Spurs better net a top 5 pick, because their performances are so bad that people, plural, could lose their jobs.

AroundTheWorld and daywalker02 like this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

Don't wanna hear anything bad about Nix, that's for damn sure. Other then that we looked awful. Green's #1 thing he needs to work on is finishing through contact and not coming up with all kinds of ways to avoid it. Jabari had his moments though and Sengun was of course our one guy who really showed up, but of course Silas takes him out. I don't think he is ready to take this young team to the next level. These young guys need something different.

As a team we have to be aware of what's going on though, this 1 on 4 bullshit has to stop. Everyone attacking the paint like mad men when you know they're going to get blocked because there's no angle, no space, no lane, yet forcing it. This falls on KPJ, Green, but also Tari among others. I'm shocked still how awful we are at recognizing fast break opportunities, it's like we're a veteran team, buying some time because we're tired.

#822 JW86, Dec 20, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
    aaquaa, Hank McDowell, j@amc and 3 others like this.
  3. JW86

JW86 Member

Ow and one more thing: Spurs fans boos were embarrassing!!! Our crowd is pathetic.

aaquaa and DeBeards like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Back from being inconsistent to being historically bad.

Noted.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Coach Silasses coaching.... an offensive genius in his 3rd year of leading the team, still trying to install his famous offensive system:
    [​IMG]

Alpifan and aaquaa like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Ankara1923 likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ROCKETS MEDIA PEOPLE NEED TO BE FIRED BEFORE SILAS...

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Sillasses father must be proud now watching him from Heaven

aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  10. Entropy

Entropy Member

Silas Brain: I can turn KPJ into Harden if I play him with Bruno. I genius.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is why all the pennypinching, showcasing and playing vets to the detriment of freshly drafted players is terrible... we have more picks than we need and less PT than we need...

its a common sense not a rocket science...you sacrifice a pick or 2, or even 5 picks if needed indeed, you could potential salvage by trading vets, in order to give the young players double the PT...its the only way to learn to play....the last thing you need is more picks!

the irony is they got nothing for the vets and still lost PRECIOUS PT

TANKING NEVER SOLVES ANYTHING...TALENT IS NEVER THE PROBLEM..everybody is talented in nba....managing, developing and coaching the talent is the problem

@Ankara1923
    @LeDakota
    @aaquaa
    @DreamShook
    @PeterKingX
    @AroundTheWorld
    @J.R.
    @tinman
    @harold bingo
    @ExTxGS
    @conquistador#11
    @CHAMPBOY
    @mirdirir
    @Joe Rocket
    @WestendMassive
    @Salvy
    @clutchdabear
    @berkowsk
    @j@amc
    @Killatron 2000
    @Dovahkiin
    @ExTxGS
    @cmoak1982
    @bmelo

clutchdabear likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@Os Trigonum
    @Verbal Christ
    @HP3
    @Bobbythegreat
    and the rockets entire twitter
    (in chorus):

be patient bro, nba is a marathon not a sprint...in 10 years we should be able to collect 35 FRPS...

theres gotta be a goat prospect amongst them that will need no coaching, no management and no development in order to make the playoffs....
    so we good bro.. this is a smart move... brilliant and cunning.....stone is playing 4d chess

clutchdabear and Alpifan like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol everyone on rockets twiter is a fan of the tank, of course he thinks rockets need a better roster

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

would say something but not gonna cause christopher deserves anything that comes his way since hes a ballhoging selfish chucker unable to play team basketball

aaquaa likes this.
  15. Entropy

Entropy Member

Comments from several Spurs fans on how the rockets played, I don't agree with everything they say, but most of it.

Fan1: Rockets are hot garbage, too many athletes, not enough ball players

Fan2: Their system is basically run and gun in transition and building bad habits for their young players. There's no reason they should be losing this badly to the Spurs with the amount of talents they have right now.

Fan3: they run way too many iso's that end in jacked 3pt shots. In that 2nd qtr they killed us by running 2-3 consecutive screens, and making our players chase. I just find it weird that they go away from that, lol but what do i know

Fan4: Every time Sengun plays against us I get mad at Primo all over again. You ****ing ****

Fan5: Goddam this Rockets team is awful. No culture, no teamwork. It's a damm shame they are going to stumble in to a player like Wemby or Scoot.

Fan6: And they’ll probably end up leaving once their first contract is up because they got brought into a losing situation. That’s why I’m so against flat out tanking. We run on a winning culture no matter what the score says.

clutchdabear, PeterKingX, Bo6 and 6 others like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Sengunatics's such a cool name, anybody holding themselves in high regards gotta be proud to be called a Sengunatic!

17. Rockets4Life13

I'm usually on the Sengun bandwagon but I did not like his effort defensively (in the 1st half, fell asleep during halftime). I was happy when he was yanked tbh, the effort was too bad.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

how comes the most efficient player gets his but yanked for defensive efforts, when other teammates played like hot garbage without any repercussion? kpj played like dogsht yet he had more mins and shots.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Based on that, KPJ and Green and Nix should always be yanked, all the time. We get killed from the three-point line every. single. game.

20. fattz

fattz Member

I want the players to start fist fighting each other. Hold each other accountable with more than words take some actions. That locker room needs something different. I want them to show something more than smiles and a sore bottom. They can’t just lay down and take it. It’s not okay.

Coach Pop was teaching a lesson to our Rockets by doubling in the post, on the 5th string center, in a game that was already won, till the last play of the game. —> my hope is someone got the message.

What is our identity? Where is the pride? There is a difference in between losing and getting humiliated.

Silas’s coaching is developing heartlessness, empathy, lack of drive or competitiveness. The Rocket organization is better than this.