1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/17/2011 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2011.

1. mag

mag Contributing Member

I am so happy Hayes is gone! Our youngsters now really have a chance to develop.

2. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Hill with a nice double double and twill with a close double double.

3. skyline07

skyline07 Member

if twill can get 10 points 6 rbs and maybe 3 or 4 asts a game. That would be great

4. kentuckyalum

kentuckyalum Member

Morey sure didn't make it sound that way.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I thought Jordan Hill was so much better in the second with his ability to create vspace in the post with some great seals. He hit the offensive glass with urgency.He looks alot better then last season. I think he will be the starting center from here on.

Dragic and Lowrry looked a great combo. Both can rotate from one to the two spot. Lin looked Terrible and needs to be cut. Williams looked so much better in the second half when he took shots within the floew of the offense. Smith is a pretty handy insurance big man as well.

Thabeet was garbage in the second half.

6. cod

cod Member

Smith was impressive in those last couple of minutes.

2nd half TWill was good but those young Spurs were giving him room to drive. The vets in the 1st half took away that room and the only thing he knows is to try and barrel by those guys.

7. tofu--

tofu-- Member

From what I could tell, his problem is he gets gassed really weak. The physicality of the game just wore him out. He stops running and stops trying and starts throwing garbage lazy passes when he gets tired.

He looked serviceable in the first half but if he has such crap stamina I don't know how he's gonna see the floor.

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

JHill looked like a new player

TWill was great once he settled down

Flynn didn't look bad but Dragic is the 2nd PG

Thabeet looked like there might be some hope

Morris looked like he was gonna crap his pants out there

and most of all... DON'T TRADE SCOLA!

9. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

you forgot the NY's 1st pick :p

10. skyline07

skyline07 Member

Anybody else disappointed when Dragic didnt lob it to Twill for a dunk? or twill not getting a dunk this game?

11. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He didn't defend at all in the 2nd half. He's really out of shape, and it shows he didn't do much during the lockout.

12. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Well in his defense this is probably one of the games his played the most minutes in since college. But with that said low stamina is manageable.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Two points is two points. :p

14. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Two points that look good > Two points that are, eh..

15. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

The Rockets defense was volatile, the Spurs couldn't pass in lane at all. Greg Smith is also looking to be a serviceable big man off the bench.

16. skyline07

skyline07 Member

true dat! Idk why but every time Twill has the ball I am just expecting a dunk......But tonight he demonstrated he can score the ball without throwing anything down. But I do want to see him dunk in the next game.

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He's a 5 to 10 minute pinch hitter. You can expect him to be anything more. Let him use his 6 fouls in 10 minutes and thats probaly all his value is.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

My thoughts on this game:

A. Starters
    *Scola, C-bud and Lowry are chomping at the bit and will tear up everyone once the league games begin
    *Kmart wasn't able to focus on his offseason training 'cause of the trade and stuff. He's still able to draw fouls though, that b**** LOL

B. 2009 class
    *Jordan Hill, T-will and Dragic are impressive. I guess this shows the effect positive coaching can have on talented but undisciplined players, rather than JVG and RA's "follow or doghouse for you" approach.
    *Thabeet has shown some progress in just a limited amount of time, but he really needs to put more effort into his training if he wants to be in the NBA. He has severe stamina and strength issues, he needs to lift weights and start biking or running on treadmills.

C. Rooks
    *MM looked lost out there. I guess he was studying to be an SF and getting thrown out there as a PF took him out of his game. Either way its his first NBA preseason game so I think he should be ok
    *Greg Smith looks like a keeper, and to be quite honest looks better than Thabeet. He should have been drafted last year, and boy am I glad we picked him up. Hopefully he sticks.

D. Filler
    *Flynn is ok, but Dragic is better. I really don't think he better than a bench player
    *Ditto for Lee, although his level is much higher (average to above average NBA player). He is what he is, since DH isn't coming here anyway we should be looking at trading him for an upgrade, or picks.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

That's what T-Won't gets! T-won't calls off Goran, Goran later returns the favor and ignores T-Won't!:mad::mad:

jajajaja :grin:

20. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

i love watching this young team