1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/10/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 9, 2012.

1. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Clutch fans should be excused for not seeing the potential, after all they are not NBA coaches. There's no excuse for an NBA coach not to see the potential after watching him on the Knicks last year. We're not talking about 1 game - he started over 30. It's no fluke when you perform well over 30 games when everybody is out to stop you.

2. trock

trock Member

btw, ever since they anointed TD as the defensive stopper (which is laughable) and gave him minutes, he's found his shot again. And he's become a serviceable player. It's amazing what a little confidence can do for you. This is still a young team. As players start finding their roles (even if it's a bit inflated) and get more comfortable, they'll get better. It's going to be a fun year, unless you want them to tank.

3. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Tonight he made the haters EAT their words...

And I LOVE IT!

4. everyday eddie

I missed the game to watch the Texans get blown out. Can anyone please do a recap, especially on Lin since judging from the stats it seems like he had a good game. Thanks in advance.

5. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Just picture Linsanity... Ruined by horrible 4th Q momentum killing substitution and a loss. That's the game right there.

6. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Best shot by Lin was the three pointer from downtown and the jumper at 4:35.

Swish.

7. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Haha... his shots would have been too short ;)

8. sidestep

sidestep Member

9. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Gary Neal killed us.. Whose fault is it that we consistently have someone go insane with these threes? Batum, Lillard and now Neal? Our perimeter defense has to improve!

10. sidestep

sidestep Member

PatPat's 2 rebounds ties TD as the lowest on the team. Smith and Morris each got 6 boards with about the same PT as PatPat.

#1570 sidestep, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  11. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Wow... Tony Parker had 12 defensive rebounds. Duncan had 11. Pampers Patterson had 1....

12. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Just noticed Delfino had a +/- of +2 and Lin had a +/- of -4. Does that mean Delfino outplayed Lin tonight you +/- fans??

13. jocar

jocar Member

attention-whoring "LOF VS LOH!" troll who likes to start arguments just to get ppl to speak to him.
    put him on ignore like I did

14. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

HaHaHa hater! Lin made you EAT your words tonight!!

15. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

I havent seen any LOFs bashing Harden?????

we just think Lin is more effective with the ball in his hands... and Harden would be even more efficient standing at the 3 point line waiting to either shoot the ball or drive the ball in... imagining how much more effective Harden would be with Lin forcing defenders to have to guard him...

and Harden having a defender racing over to guard him with the option to pass, shoot, or drive the ball in

were just asking the Rox coaches... let both play their natural positions...

but I get the feeling guys like you would rather Lin just stand and the 3 point line and shoot 3 point bricks... being a cr@ppy Shooting Guard...

16. Grigori

Grigori Member

Game was lost on Ouglas' 15 terrible defensive plays where he just plain completely lost his man. I have no idea why the Rockets coaching staff is so in love with Ouglas, his perimeter defense is absolutely atrocious. Even when his shot is on he is a big net liability. He doesn't just let his man score. He makes everybody around him worse on defense by guarding air and making his teammates scramble trying to guard his man. I think when he gets beat and somebody picks up his man, he has successfully guarded empty space instead picking up another opposing player at least nineteen times out of twenty. Well, at least he wasn't Uglas tonight. I think Ouglas really is McHale's sarcastic revenge on Morey for waiving Shaun Livingston when the McHale reportedly begged Morey not to.

17. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

I have to apoligize to the Lin skeptics. If NBA coaches can be wrong about him certainly non-professionals can be. I shouldn't rub it in but I've had a few and taken so much crap from them when I showed some support for Lin. How about peace between LOF and LOH and lets's pull together for what can be an amazing TEAM!!!

18. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

I am a Lin lover. I am very happy he finally has a great game to boost his confidence. But I don't think he likes his fans acted like this. This kind of threads will make him even be more hated whenever he has a bad game, and that will happen.

Please.....

19. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

I apoligized but believe me I have taken worse from their side. It seems everyone is afraid of them for some reason.

20. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Tough Loss but...

The Spurs are elite for a reason, no shame in losing in OT to probably the best franchise over the last 15 years.

But so many positives from this game.

Harden can ball. Lin can too. Coaches, figure it out!

Team is young and plays AWFUL D. Coaches, figure it out!

I think Patterson/4 is the big weakness in the team though. We either need to develop Patterson, or another big, into a rebounding defensive presence; or pick up someone that can. You will not beat the Spurs, or anyone, if your starting PF clocks in with 2 boards.

The other big concern is a wing defender. Not sure if Parsons has it in him for that. But he's young too.

KG once said all you need to win is 2 guys that can board and protect the paint, 1 guy to play lock down D on the wing, 1 guy to handle the ball and 1 guy that can create his own shot.

We got 3 out of 5, and this team is still so young. I am very optimistic about the future of Rockets basketball.