1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 11/29/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

that's probably the case, but if that's so, the addition of ron artest really doesn't solve a lot of things. we were supposed to still be a very good team without tracy and a great team with him (healthy).

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

let's see how tracy comes out after 4 days of rest. hopefully, his confidence in the knee and his athletic ability goes up.

3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Man, Indiana's game showed us how important Tracy is to this team. Heis stillthe main guys, and if we are gonna win something this year it has to be because of him. he just makes plays.

He has hadsomebig days to rest. It was pretty great time to sit, because after Indiana you have 3 days off and before that you had one. Hopefully he will be more energetic, his knee will be better.

We need him, we need his scoring as well. I mean no more 7 shots and 6 points. Get T-Mac going early, this is the key for this team.

Spurs have been playing better but still, we should have beat them. Gotta use our weapons and play D.

Go Rockets !

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Manu is back and has been playing great. Parker is supposed to be back in tonight game.

From the games that I watched this season, the spurs are a better team than the rocekts. They have a mature system, and their execution is much better than ours.

But, both Manu and Parker are just back to the court, inconsistency will be a problem for them. Good luck for the rockets!

5. The Brian

The Brian Member

we need everyone to win. when yao is down, we lose too. without any player, especially yao or tracy, we are probably going to lose.

6. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I hope our boys will rebound from Wednesday night's loss.

Rockets will struggle without Tracy. I expect a low scoring affair. Rockets by 3.

7. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Of course yes. I agree. Don't get me wrong, we need EVERYBODY to play well. I didn't mean we only need Tracy. But he will be very important

8. R0cketC1ty123

R0cketC1ty123 Member

WE BLOW A DOUBLE DIGIT LEAD AND LOSE AGAIN :mad:

9. Miguel45

Miguel45 Member

Screw you and T-mac u big Softies

10. sn09

sn09 Member

i thought the main reason why we acquired artest was to let tmac have his breaks? we're not expecting ronron to bring us a championship himself, but i think we should expect him to give us a few wins without tmac. i believe that even without tmac, we can beat the spurs, we always tend to play well against the better sides.

11. anson-ke

anson-ke Member

Tough to guard Genobili,
    without Tmac, Yao is nothing...
    if we don't have Tmac, we are going to lose the game again

12. anson-ke

anson-ke Member

every time, the main reason for winning Spur is our defence.
    but this season, our defence really sucks...
    and if Tmac don't show up, what could we use to win the game

13. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Points allowed this season we give up the fewest we are # 1 in that category and we are 4th in defensive field goal percentage so the defense isn't the issue it's the little coaching things and execution.

14. archinkent

archinkent Member

tmac needs to play for us to win. they got the big 3 back (plus that roger mason dude is looking pretty good), and they beat us without 2 of them the last game.

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Just watched the spurs vs grizzles game, I think the rockets will have a good chance to win. I found all spurs wanted to shoot the ball, no one wanted to play defense anymore. This is probably because Manu and Parker came back to the court. The spurs were competing with each other for the shooting chance! :D

16. xzibition86

xzibition86 Member

hey did anybody realize T-MAC is the captain?

17. xzibition86

xzibition86 Member

Hey do you guys think the rockets will win it all this year? I personally don't think so because we don't have anybody that can dominate a game. In my opinion, realistic success would be to get out of the first round. Lakers are just in their own class right now, and nobody can touch them. We already know Yao is easily neutralized if you front him and crowd him. He has no athleticism, is mentally weak, add the fact that he is Chinese and people are not gonna be intimidated by him. I think nobody fears Yao like they do Howard or Shaq. McGrady is obviously inconsistent, and its this inconsistency that makes him an above average player as of now. I don't think Artest is a true superstar, he is more like that excellent complement sidekick, sort of like Sam Cassell. He has his strengths, but offense is not one of them. Just looking at his jumpshot tells you he really doesn't have a good outside game. He can barely create his own shot off the dribble. The fact that only TMAC can create his own shot is bad news for this team. Without him, we are screwed. I sincerely hope we meet the Jazz this year, hopefully beat them, and just do our best then. I do believe however the Lakers will win everything, and that is just being realistic.

18. Gay4Battier

Gay4Battier Member

parker is back already??

bs!

19. SkipToMyLou22

SkipToMyLou22 Member

NO WAY! I always thought it was Luther Head :rolleyes:

20. Evilkaanevil

Evilkaanevil Rookie

rockets really need to bounce bank strong and win 7 in a row to really put away any doubt people have of them. Off the topic, can someone link the forum for photoshop a euphoria. I know its random but i cant find it and i want a good laugh right now lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.