1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 10/2/2022 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Great post! Good to hear from the perspective behind the bench. This group looks like they genuinely like to be with each other. I really really want them to keep Boban.

I am kind of a KPJ doubter. But last night he did very good. Hope he'll keep up the good work.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

DD

3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Very good analysis! I saw the same things and also, for the life of me, I can not figure out the KPJ hate. However, fans have to have somebody to blame.

Ankara1923, glynch and saleem like this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. No need to do that. I've always wanted to see him succeed. He still made a couple of boneheaded plays. But almost everybody did. It's the first game.

The thing is, KPJ is more suitable to play with a guy like Capela or Fernando, athletic big guy who knows how to dive to the hoop. He and Sengun don't seem to fit well.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amen

6. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I joined a couple of the RocketsWatch Streams of previously taped events and found it to be an interesting format. Gotta say that last nights was a little too busy for me with the panelists talking over the announcers and also trying to keep up with the chat. Is it possible to turn off the announce audio feed or the panelists audio feed. One set of audio feed combined the video feed and chat would be better for a game that I did not yet know the outcome of. I don't really miss the announcer feed if I have seen the game before. The panelists add additional perspective in a non-live scenario. I love the fan interaction though.

Richie_Rich and don grahamleone like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's not a handle.

And It's nothing like Durant, please just stop it.

He had a very good game, let's stop going there.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah, i noticed that as well, I don't think he needs to fade there.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Can you name these people that said he can't dribble at all or said he was a finished product?

I think you are just making up a huge straw man because I never saw any post that said he was a finished product or could not dribble at all.

Tip jar bet?

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

A few of them still offer virtual VPN servers in India, but yep, majority of Indian VPNs got removed.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/business/software/vpn-shutdowns-in-india/

Reeko likes this.
  11. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Yes, you can control the audio separately for the stage and the announcers. I don't remember where the sound control was, but once you press it, you'll have options to control each separately.

12. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great, thanks.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Hate to be "that guy" .. but the only time I saw Jabari try to initiate a play with dribble to the rim last night it looked clumsy and ultimately he got his sht packed. Its just not who he is and doesnt come naturally for him (things that were addressed pre draft). Thats fine he can still be a lethal 3&D guy which is valuable. May not ever be a true #1 engine for a team, but his skill set is well suited for the modern NBA.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah, I have not watched the game but from the highlights he looks more decisive which is want I wanted to see and not just settling for the easy shot.

NewAge and Verbal Christ like this.
  16. j@amc

j@amc Member

This is not to say that Alpi and KPJ can't be complementary players. But they have quite a bit of work to do to make things smoother.

Easy likes this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If you find a full replay of the game from last night shoot me a link. That stream format sucked last night.

He has fulfilled my expectations of what he is as a player so far. Hit open shots and D up. Nothing to complain about. You arent giving him the ball to create for others or himself at this stage or maybe ever - which again is perfectly fine. Jabari's shot will force defenses to remain honest and that in itself will be a huge commodity when drawing up plays in crunch time.

18. JW86

JW86 Member

Where are Rockets local HOME broadcast highlights?!! Wow what a debut for JabaTari - get that customized jersey ready baby - and seeing all guys get minutes, including TyTy and Boban was just perfect.

Nothing more needed to be said, Jabari silenced the nay-sayers and doubters real quick. I cannot even say who he reminds me of, but that jumper combined w/ that defense is just limitless potential.

I know I wanted Jabari & Tari this year and after Green proving me wrong last year - wanted Mobley - it feels great to get them and them showing why we should be excited.

All credit to @Clutch for not wavering on Jabari along w/ some other guys on Twitterland who convinced me he was the one! After what looked like a clear #1 and convincing myself Banchero was good too, getting him was just unbelievable.

Now we got the man who will carry us to the promised land alongside Green :) Guess I gotta make that trip to Houston at some point, because this feels special. They will make noise in a few years and give us a true homegrown (drafted) superstar duo leading us to a title.

Rock on!!

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The Spurs are awful competition to measure against right now, but I thought our offense flowed nicely. No one was ball dominant or forced the issue. It was a breath of fresh air compared to last season. KPJ was composed and ran the PNR quite nicely with Fernando. Being able to throw those lob passes is not easy. And if this is what we can expect from Jabari the floor will be spaced for everyone.

I liked the defensive intensity as well. The Spurs really struggled from deep and we put them on the line a lot, but I like how physical the team was. The only easy baskets the Spurs got were in transition from some of our sloppy turnovers.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member