1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 10/2/2022 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 1, 2022.

1. MultipleSauces

Let’s pump the brakes guys

lol jk

Jontro likes this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No highlights? I am disappoint.

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If both Nix and Washington joined the roster at the same time, Washington would likely get the nod for the backup PG spot.

Nix is just way too careless with the ball, and he doesn't seem to have improved on it much since pre-draft, when turnovers was a noted limitation in the scouting reports.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

41 pages thread?! ..glad to see regular season matters!

conquistador#11 and Jontro like this.
  5. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

how did we pull this off again, bari and tari green and sengun?? doesn't make any sense other then the god above wants the houston rockets to bring back that championship glory! very very lucky before the whole world ends :D

6. jbond77

can we just say that over and over again, bari tari green & sengun gosh dang just a nice ring to it if not 5! ;)

7. jbond77

start ty ty, kpj 6 man of the year, damn what a killer team

jcmoon likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I did the same thing with India LP…been doing it for over 2 years now

Woah, is this true? I use ExpressVPN, and when I click on an India server, it shows that I’m connected. This is the 1st time I’m hearing all VPNs aren’t offering India.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Tari was looking like a junior version of Kawhi out there. Jabari shot the 3 ball so effortlessly.
    Their defense is invaluable.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

conspiracy theory.jpg

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Have you tried watching through a server in a different country? My experience is NBALP allows you to travel. Meaning they don’t say, aha!! you’re not watching at home where you bought the pass. I mean, when I’m using VPN, I can switch to different servers throughout the US, no problem. I don’t have to always “be” in the same city.

Hell, a lot of business travels watch Rockets in Houston on ATT Sportsnet, and buy LeaguePass for when they are on the road, in multiple cities. NBA doesn’t want to screw with their travel by requiring ppl to watch only in one city.

PuzzledFan and don grahamleone like this.
  12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

People don't talk about it much but Jabari's intensity on the defensive end raises the floor of this team in a hurry.

Fully expect them to be competing for a spot at the play in this year.

Rockets got a good one there.

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Here’s 9 minutes for ya. I recommend turning the volume off though. The pbp guy is annoying.

Tfor3, don grahamleone and Easy like this.
  14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    I have watched the highlights from last night's first preseason game and arrived at the unavoidable conclusion that our championship window opens next season. Using the OKC Thunder as our guide, they made the Western Conference Finals in 2010... when Durant was in his third year, Westbrook was in his second year, and Harden was a rookie. Jeff Green was a significant contributor on that team as well -- he was 23 years old and in his third year. They made the Western Conference Finals again in 2011 and the NBA Finals in 2012.

It is not possible to compare our current players with the offensive firepower of 2010 OKC Thunder, however, we have a great core that may have more defensive potential.

2009-2010 Thunder
    Kevin Durant (Third Year)
    Russell Westbrook (Second Year)
    James Harden (Rookie)
    Jeff Green (Third Year)

2023-2024 Rockets

Jabari Smith (Second Year)
    Jalen Green (Third Year)
    Tari Eason (Second Year)
    Alperen Sengun (Third Year)
    New Player - Scoot? Nick Smith? (Rookie)

GOOD DAY

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jalen +24 and KPJ +23 in limited facilitatory roles? Hell yes! Jabari hitting his open 3's and playing good D? Check! Tari showing self creation and playmaking plus good D? YUP! Alpy doing his post thizzle? You betcha! (cut down the turnovers though). Splash doing Splash things? Love to see it!

All in all it was a GREAT game for all of our young players. Hard to nitpick a 30 point win in a free flowing offense. Jalen looked noticeable bigger and comfortable getting to any of his spots. Scooter would have had an even better "Stats Guy" game if he would have made some gimme looks at the rim, but he knew where everyone needed to be on each play and directed traffic. Made me proud! Trying not to get too over the moon about game 1 preseason vs the Spurs, but anytime you push another NBA teams sht inwards like they did it should make people take notice with not a single player on the negative +/- !!

Its going to be a fun brand of team ball and thats really all I could have hoped for!

16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I fixed it for you but I also agree, other than the whole world ending.

#836 hlmbasketball, Oct 3, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I love the makeup of this roster....we finally have size! I think for this team to win this yr, they may have to have a 10-12 player rotation.

Playing fast and to be able to play consistent defense for 82 games, it's going to take a deep rotation

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

I liked Silas presser. He sounded more confident and well spoken than previous pressers the past 2 years. He now gets to coach genuine talent from 1-15 or whatever it is. He can grow with it.

19. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

I was able to go to the game and sit about 10 rows behind the Rockets bench. A couple things:
    • Bench culture, attitude, climate was all GREAT! Watching Boban during a timeout is amazing. He makes 5 guys smile and laugh every break. Keeps everyone happy. If he didn't play a single minute all season I think he would still be worth a roster spot. If you go to a game just stare at him during an entire timeout - you will not be disappointed. Also, during one of the last breaks in the game, Alpy was just hanging on John Lucas hugging him from behind while they talked during the timeout. Just such good vibes and dudes happy to be with each other at the start of the year.
    • I read the thread this morning, and I am stunned by the KPJ hate. I honestly have no idea what you all were watching. Handle was tight, decision making was solid, played confident and at a great pace, and honestly felt like the leader of the team. They announced his name last during the intros, a spot normally reserved for that guy. I think he really is going to be a clear core piece going forward, especially since...
    • Alpy is sneakily the true point guard on this team. Other guys will take the ball up, but our offense doesn't start until Sengun gets the ball in the high post or at the top of the key. Last year he rushed things all the time, some on offense, but a ton on defense. Always late and flying sideways into dudes and picking up fouls. Didn't really see anything like that this year. His pace is on point.
    • Jalen was a legit good defender last night. Still will have work to do on his awareness, but his added strength (and focus) made it so that even on a night when his shot wasn't right he was still a net positive on the court.
    • Finally, the team is just so noticeably more athletic this year. Last season we would just get bodied by anybody with any strength or length, and now we are going to be the more physical team on most nights. Defensive rebounding stood out as something that will be a huge shift from last year to this year.
    PS - All the best to C-Wood, but man alive am I glad that guy is gone.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Am I the only one that don't mind having EG be the vet glue on this team. He does a lot for the team without taking touches away from the young guys. Having him in the starting lineup really makes us play confidence basketball, because you know EG can always bail you out with a clutch 3 or drive.