1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 10/14/2012 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's OK. If Lin has a big anxiety attack over the comments, he can just go chill with Royce on his bus.

2. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Haha...thanks for helping me embed the twit. I need to figure it out someday. Sorry, should have quote my "source" :)

3. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

dont think.

everybody here know

1- its a preseason ( time to learn, with mistakes)

2 - and we are without our 2 starters vets.

3 - and without our backup PG

4. Alex L.

He knows he played a bad game. He's his own harshest critic.

He'll bounce back.

5. ERC

ERC Member

Agreed. After all, he definitely didn't play his best game today.

Why weren't his shots falling? I thought his shooting coach said he's improved so much that even his bad shooting days this offseason were better than his best the previous offseason?

6. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Welcome to the world of sports and fans...where overreacting after a preseason game happens.

7. allaroundplayer

Lin must have had 3 or 4 more turnovers than only 2.

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

Haha! Where is your God now, Jeremy???

Seriously though, he is in the spotlight so he will get the glory and the criticism equally. That's why a guy like Parsons can struggle just as bad, like he did today, and no one here even mentions it.

At the end of the day, if he has aspirations of being great, then overcoming that kind of pressure and expectations is going to be part of the deal. If he let's a little criticism(fairly or unfairly) destroy his confidence, then he never would have made it anyways.

9. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

Bring on Lebron James!!! Which rookie said that? Lol.

Nothing surprised me about this game. We're talkin' Tony Parker and Tim Duncan, 22 games straight last season. I'm more surprised the Rockets beat OKC.

I thought Lin was playing for God? So what is God saying, Lin??? IMO Lin should be a role player "special teams" type. Bring him in at the end of quarters and penetrate/draw fouls, be a Harden. Rockets need a real pg starter.

Dougie and Macho just pass. PASS. PASS. PASS. Just let Kmart and Chandler Handsome lead on scoring.

Dmo and Ashik together like two white towers like the old spurs, Robinson and Duncan.

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

Shots fall & then shots don't fall. When you do things in practice or training doesn't always translate on court. Happens to a lot of players. He is getting good looks his shots just aren't falling just keep shooting until you end your slump. Smart thing to do if your shots don't fall is to get to the FT line & hit FT's. He is smart enough to know that. You would be surprised at how many other players around the league don't do that & keep chucking.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Why weren't his shots falling? Because that's what happens in the game of basketball sometimes. Welcome to the sport.

12. Alex L.

Don't you guys bring God into this. It's not funny. Ignorant in fact.

13. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

play Royce White damn it

McHale is enept

14. Alex L.

15. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

Why so serious? What's wrong with that? JLin brings it up aaalllll the time. It was a joke and if you want to talk ignorance...

UPDATE: I called God, says it was cool, got a sense of humor.

16. red32

red32 Member

But most of the time all Lin did (after the "hike") was passing the ball and hiding in the wing?!

17. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Well said.

18. BARocketsFan

BARocketsFan Member

Couldn't say it better

Totally agree!