1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 1/28/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Fighton

Fighton Member

18 pts on 13 shots is good. the way he plays with the number of trips to the FT line, you need to look at TS and he was at 58% i believe. that's a more accurate gauge of efficiency. for example, if he drive 5 times, gets hacked 5 times, and shoots 10 free throws, it will show a 0% shooting percentage but that's not really accurate since he got 10 points out of the 5 shots.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I love that.

3. KlutchQT

[​IMG]

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Those clowns at SpursTalk keep bringing up injuries as the reason they lost.

5. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Green, Leonard, Splitter are all starter material. If these guys were playing last night the spurs would have easily won, but then again Harden was out too so there is that to consider.

6. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

that's why Randolph ate him alive...

7. yummyhawtsauce

I was also shocked that fat boris diaw was abusing Jones, who looks pretty strong and is obviously a good athlete. Anyone have an explanation, maybe Jones' doesn't have as much lower body strength...

8. KlutchQT

OMG! I refuse to call him anything other than "Fat Boris Diaw." LOL.

9. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Apparently fatso got a career high against us. It was a good thing that we won and we can't blame this one on Harden lols.

Same story of the season. Some scrub getting career high when playing against us.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

To be fair, they were missing Green, Leonard, Splitter and 2nd half Ginobli.

Though, it's not really a valid excuse to use in this situation since Rockets have beaten Spurs twice already when Spurs were at full strength.

11. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

they all played the previous 2 games against the rockets...and wait for it..

LOST

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

That's life in the sports arena. They gets no sympathy from me. Lol

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Jones biggest weakness on defense is his lack of strength holding post position, that might well be Dmo's best trait as a defender. That rebound was a bonus, but Dmo was sent in because Diaw wouldn't be able to back him down.

#1393 Aleron, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  14. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Not those :( ...but thanks for the effort. :)

The one related to this tweet...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jeremy Lin drives, scores and gets fouled, but that's not the best part -- he mugged for the fans after it went in. 81-70 Rockets.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/428363759489265664">January 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

This, I really hope the Rockets get matched up with the Spurs in the playoffs

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I don't want to hear nothing about T. Jones not being a starter ever again on here. That Youngsta is a freaking baller.