1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 1/28/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2014.

1. rocketblood713

Its still sour out there in LA says Rick Fox lol

2. steady

steady Member

that was fun.

Someone had a prediction if Lin was 20/8 tonight, we win. Lin: 18/8 with 9 points in the 4Q.
    I am wondering, has Lin ever had a bad game when Harden was not playing?

3. fanwater

fanwater Member

JLin is a better passer and a team player and DHoward is better post player and defender.

4. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

This game actually started from stupid free style game at 1st quarter as before

5. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Lin plays well without James because he is allowed to actually play his natural position, PG.

Most games where he stinks it up is when he's off ball standing in a corner and being non-aggressive. When he's allowed to run the point, push the pace and do his thing he usually plays very well.

1 person likes this.
  6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm reading the Spurstalk game thread with my D out :)

1 person likes this.
  7. nchan

nchan Member

Bev was just happy Jeremy got some of his mojo back.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

#1248 Tfor3, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Ugh, so much spamming. Just enjoy the win man. No need to whine. Lin played great tonight.

Good win. As I said before, Lin had a great game, nice to see him step it up and be on attack mode. He needs to learn how to do this coming off the bench as well.

Dwight was awesome as always. Rebounded nicely (pun intended) from the poor start and was dominant.

Everyone generally played well tonight.

This game means nothing if we lay an egg tomorrow.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Just went there, heard talk about tanking

LEFT immediately

11. Penetrate&Creat

Howard a better post player? No, I prefer he go back to his roots and utilize the PnR with either Lin or Harden. We do SO MUCH WORK when we run it.

pls McHale more pnr

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

over at Spurstalk

bahahaha

13. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

great team ball today i enjoyed the effort by everyone on both offense and D...especially our interior and perimeter defense tonight was great. they didnt shoot particularly well nut at least i saw few iso and some pnr which really helped the offense. it was less predictable, also no holding the ball 20secs and passing, people were hitting rotations and Howard seemed happy so all is well.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Awesome gutsy win by Rockets after a miserable back to back against the Griz.

Howard and Jones dominated inside scoring and on the boards. Howard was Howard at the line but hit enough to keep them honest. Huge offensive rebounds in the clutch too.

Lin turned it on at the end and was nails in the fourth. Huge confidence builder and he matches up so well against the Spurs.

Again McHale coaches well against Popovich. His rotations were solid and he showed confidence in his guys. After two loses, his guys come through.

Big win for the Rockets. I know Ginobili is slumping and Leonard was out but if I am the Spurs I want no part of the Rockets in the playoffs, especially if Asik comes back.

15. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Yep :)

16. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

dude, he cant do the same thing when the ball is mostly in other 6 starting PG's hand. even in the first half ball is mainly in Parsons' and Beverley's hand. just watch the replay, doesnt take a elite eye tester to find out who is dribbling on the top of the arc and making plays.

17. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Lin is a mini-Harden. Plays well against the Spurs for the same reason Harden does.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Rockets do a lot of PNR with Howard and Harden. I wish the Rockets would hire SVG as an assistant to the GM. He is very familiar with Howard and would give some good wrinkles.

19. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

There is certainly some truth in your post. Hopefully, the coaching staff realize it :grin: Play Lin at its natural position at PG. Better late than never.

This is what I envisioned how the team would play at the beginning of the season. I hate to point it again. "If it aren't broken, don't fix it."

Think about what if we had not tried PB as a starter and disrupted the existing chemistry among the starters, with JH and Lin sharing PG duties like last season and taking turns attacking and play-making. Then you add DH, improved TJ and CP. That would be a scary team. One could only dream :grin:

1 person likes this.
  20. dubble dee95

dubble dee95 Member

-Great to see Lin awake and playing HIS style of basketball
    -TJones kept is in the game early, and maybe could use some post defense learning, but great game from him
    -Dwight did well when the hacks came, and never quit fighting for the rebound
    -The bench didn't dig us a hole as badly