1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 1/25/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 22, 2022.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If I could add to that I’d probably say ****! WTF was that? That was a bad game.

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Green better still be putting up jumpers.....

WestendMassive likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

memes were certainly flowing early on, very early on

don grahamleone and Salvy like this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cade scored 34pts playing 40 minutes(!!) on 14 - 24 shooting....and his team lost... i was watching first half and he was good ill give you that...but LOL if you think this is hard to do for alperen sengun then you must be clueless about basketball

if silas gave sengun this much playing time and shots and the ballhoging green light he would have scored perhaps 40 pts

Cades PER is 13 for the season it means his efficiency is below average ...(good for 159th in nba lolololol) translation hes just a chucker....and it happened hes a had a good shooting game 6-9 on 3s and played a lot of minutes

alpis efficiency is above average 17.50, despite having less playing time and having ball in his hands less, meaning hes having less opportunity to find his rhythm and flow unlike cade

alpi also gets to the line more than him...
    per 36 numbers i am sure favor alpi and eye test of those who know what to watch for...
    both players are nice passers but

1 vs 1 alpi would have kicked his ass cade woudn't stand a chance vs alpi

PS
    i looked into FTr and its 0.138 for Cade

this means alpi has almost 3 TIMES better FTr than Cade and it means hes getting to the line 3 times more/easier than Cade and only 4 guys in the league are better at this stat than alpi

#785 hakeem94, Jan 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Sengun look ok

tonight I actually thought he deserved to play the mins he played ;)

he had a rough stretch getting back after injury . Hopefully he’s rounding into better form . If he can make some 3’s we might win a game .

poor game from wood , green , Tate (foul trouble ) of the starters , only kpj played a “good” game .. and the bench was meh . When you already aren’t very good that’s an easy recipe for getting blown out .

good to get JC Sengun and Armoni mins .. and good to get green run with other young guys.

Spurs also brought some real force . Idk if popovich circled this one on his calendar , but they were ready to play .

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Green and Cade were always tagged as most NBA ready, not Mobley.

GM survey after draft was overwhelmingly that Mobley would be best player in draft after FIVE years, he's just ahead of schedule.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Pre Draft Bios ... tell me who sounds more ready to you ... honestly.

9. NewAge

NewAge Member

This is not Jalen’s pre-draft capsule. This is from high school. Stop lying!
    JG was voted most likely ROY by NBA GMs and many pundits. Even Clutch had a sarcastic comment here that if Rox drafted Mobley, CF would be going suicidal watching JG dominate early on.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/jalen-green/
    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba...-players-big-board/118cb88px8h3c1ahyf5vzkpn9h
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...-picks-starting-with-cade-cunningham-at-no-1/
    https://www.si.com/nba/2021/07/29/nba-mock-draft-2021-rumors-cade-cunningham-jalen-green-evan-mobley

are you a masochist?

11. NewAge

NewAge Member

what you posted is dated September 2019!!!!
    You’re such a scumbag! You think you can lie and gaslight here to make an undefensible point!
    Manipulative little b****!

12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Hey dude, JG was slated to be ROY because of the playing time he'd get on a **** team.

Being a little disingenuous yourself huh?

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LOL says the dummy who couldnt even figure out how to read the stat page for Kobe and decipher which year(s) he was a starter!! Go drink some warm milk and pipe down you're just a bunch of hot air - you might give yourself a heart attack. Learn how to analyze data and which draft sites are the ones typically used in these arguments before filling the room with your cringe.

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I gave this psycho the precise link to the post that blew up his blood pressure - then I went further by supplying more mainstream links to the SAME THOUGHT since NBA DraftNet at times gets blasted for content (surprise!). Cant fix stupid I guess I should have linked to bleacher report.

Preseason ROY is all hype. Green had a monster SL playing against scrubs in an offense that spotlighted him. In the argument of "who was more NBA ready" it was always Cade, Mobley, Duarte, Barnes, Suggs. Jalen Green was always going to be the highest upside risk that would take longer to develop because of what he was lacking in size and defensive ability. Stone WAS trying to hit a home run at 2 vs just going with a safe pick when looking at things further along than 40 something games into a career after Cade was off the board. I'd say Cade may have been Stones preferred pick if you believe the chatter about HOU wanting to move up to 1, but who really knows at this point. Lets just keep destroying Green and mocking him every chance we get and keep it edgy. :rolleyes:

15. NewAge

NewAge Member

Why would other top rookies not get playing time on bad teams? You're being disingenuous.

16. NewAge

NewAge Member

You keep digging.
    You posted a quote from a scouting report, calling it "pre-draft" to show that JG was considered "not ready".
    Except it turns out that it was not a pre-draft capsule, it was from 2019 when JG was 17. You dug out a report from high school to show that JG was not ready!!!!
    Disgusting, lying POS!

17. NewAge

NewAge Member

You keep digging on that one, too?
    What kind of POS are you?
    You plain out stated that Kobe Bryant was a "nobody" the year when he was an AllStar Starter!!!
    I thought initially that it was pure ignorance, but now seeing how you constantly lie, manipulate and obfuscate, I am starting to think that it was done on purpose.
    What a disgusting POS you are!

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

HAHA more fake tough guy talk. Again you dont seem to understand the process that goes into making a draft bio and how it FOLLOWS THE PLAYER through the moment. JFC you are the most dense old man I've ever encountered. You get stuck in your "look a squirrel" moments and then when you get the money shot in your mouth and shown to be wrong time and time again you just wipe it off and keep arguing your dumb ass bigoted garbage. Go pop your lisinopril and STFU and stop embarrassing yourself by acting like your bout it you dick riding punk.

19. NewAge

NewAge Member

what? "follows the player through the moment?"
    Hahahaha. Cut the bulcrap, pal.
    You copy-pasted from a 2019 scouting report to show that JG was not ready and got CAUGHT!!
    No amount of weasel-speak and age-related personal attacks can detract from the fact that:
    YOU LIED ON A MESSAGE BOARD TO SUPPORT A POINT AND GOT CAUGHT!

pathogenic slime fungi have more dignity and integrity than you!

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]