1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 8/14/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

How do we know it can work? How many teams in the history of the league have won it all without a competent big/glass eater? Just because we won some games this season with it isn't a clear indication it is a good strategy, like I said being massively handicapped on the boards, giving up 2nd chance pts, & having little to no rim protection is leaving yourself little room for error. Depending on turning your opponent over & hitting 3's at a high clip is not a sustainable or winning strategy.

ashleyem likes this.
  2. Mr. Space City

That tends to happen when you build a team to win now around a great player in their prime. Look at how LeBron leaves teams in ruin after he leaves.

The Raptors simply built a good team through the draft and got gifted Kawhi.

different circumstances.

3. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

That's a misconception IMO. The warriors had Bogut, & a prime D. Green who is a PF but has the size to fight for O boards & play solid D in the paint.

PeterKingX likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

He's may only be out one or two games too. And he looked terrible in the Spurs game. We will be fine without him for a couple games, he needs to heal up. Make your judgements off game 1, not off of games that dont matter.

The best players matter here. Harden can single handedly carry this team for at least two games.

5. HardenVolumeOne

nick nurse makes quick adjustments during time outs, he plays his young players like Boucher and Mccaw and has developed vanvleet and Terence Davis. Do you believe the 4 players I just named would get minutes on the rockets with mike coaching. Never mind the defensive mind that nick nurse is. The 2017 team with Lou Williams, Eric Gordon and Harrell( who was in mikes doghouse) would win the title with nick nurse( no question about it). Harden got gassed because we became predictable with our sets, and pop adjusted.

fattz and tycoonchip like this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Dantoni is the first, he wont be the last. Just like he was ahead of the curve with the 3pt revolution. Remember they used to say, "you dont live by threes you die by threes." Now you wont win unless you can make threes.

Our problem is we have an owner who will not pay the tax. He isnt all in to get us the talent needed.

hakeem94 and pr0wler like this.
  7. HardenVolumeOne

2017 team was plenty talented, dekker and trez Harrell never got a chance to develop here. And pop throughly outcoached mike in that 2nd round series

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This was a meaningless game. D'Antoni calls his offense unstoppable but it has been stopped since the days of the Suns.

ashleyem likes this.
  9. Mr. Space City

No way they beat Golden State.

Nick Nurse needed Durant and Klay to get injured just to win in 6.

pr0wler likes this.
  10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

He was bad to start the season but he missed training camp recovering from surgery. He started playing better BEFORE the trade. Thats why I was against the trade initially because i thought we might be better just adding jeff green off the bench and getting EGO going.

He looked terrible against the spurs? Hes got a fukkin injury what do you expect ?

Yall expect too mucn from james.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. bro2044

bro2044 Member

That...

was the worst.

12. HardenVolumeOne

If you say kawhi and harden cancel each other out, I’d argue the rest of the 2017 rockets team is on par with the 2019 champion raptors. Remmeber Clint was doing amazing in the playoffs that year. Yea the 2017 warriors were a juggernaut but nick nurse would use all of the players on our team, and for one thing we would have the coaching edge. The series would go 6 or 7. I’d love to see trez and draymond battle

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was thinking that same thing tonight!!! I miss Green Light. Some of these guys the last 2 nights made me miss Clint too. Guess what? I even started missing Brewer, and Anderson (Anderson before he became afraid of shooting)...LOL

Then I began wondering why we let Melo go when we got him so cheap!!! That was so weird to me. We didn't even give him a chance really. I mean while playing in the bubble he's 15 of 32 from behind the arc and 23/27 from the free throw line. That's better than any of our guys. Go figure.

I'm actually worried we could lose the first round without Westbrook if everyone around Harden doesn't start hitting their 3's. The bright side is that Gordon got better as time went on.

Man I miss Westbrook. I also miss PJ in beast mode. Without Westbrook and Harden together this small ball isn't any fun to watch lately.

#453 deb4rockets, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. Mr. Space City

The Rockets would have no answer for Kevin Durant and Scott Foster.

hakeem94 and fattz like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

How do you explain him being inefficient all of last year? If we still had Chirs Paul, we might have found a way to still get Covington without giving up Clint. But it is what it is now. I'm on board with Russ, but let him heal up.

Its not the first time he's looked terrible man. He wasnt great against Portland either. If he brings his A game, great. All im saying is that there is a benefit to him not being on the floor sometimes.

And you think way too little of our team. Especially based off of games that dont matter.

pr0wler likes this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Have it recorded. Should I make time to watch or nah? Leaning towards nah.

18. HardenVolumeOne

nobody has an answer for Durant, but we would try different bodies on him like dekker, trez, ariza and just put pat on curry. I’m telling you I think we would have a shot with nurse coaching instead of mike

fattz likes this.
  19. HardenVolumeOne

delete it

pr0wler likes this.
  20. Mr. Space City

Dekker and Trez on Durant

[​IMG]