1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 2/6/2010

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 6, 2010.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Battier has his mistakes, but posts like these, regardless of the player mentioned, are a big problem because it creates snowball replies...Iggy only hit two threes, what hurt was that both were in the 4th...however on the first one. Ariza was guarding iggy and he gambled on a pass, left iggy open and Battier had to try and rotate over, but it was too late. The second three by Iggy was over Ariza.

2. Shunter

Shunter Member

After the last few games for me Brooks and Landry are untouchable with Lowry and Budinger almost in the same bracket. The rest of the roster is tradeable in my opinion.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

we cannot lose games at home to teams like this if we have to make the playoffs, which i'm sure we do. the 4th was just atrocious.

4. daernoth

daernoth Member

Yea coz apparently the offense could have been worse than it was... Dude, were you even watching the game? At the end it wasnt close. JT wouldnt have made things worse. And like i said, if we lose we lose. Its not the end of the world. Better to give JT some minutes than risking Ariza losing a game at a later time.

Brooks playing 1 on 5 on offense will lose us the game every time. How about giving Brooks some more assistance(like Scola) rather than putting the weight of the offense all on him. Hell... if Adelman had subbed in Scola that alone would have made a big difference. Doubling Landry wouldnt have been as effective.

5. Yak

Yak Member

This game had a lot of parallels to that Chicago game we played a few weeks ago.

We came into both games with a strong road win against a divisional opponent (SA and Memphis) and we dropped the home game that followed.

But, let's also not forget that the Sixers have now won 4 straight (NJ, CHI, @NO, @HOU) and seem to be putting something together the same way that Chicage was looking when we played them (they were in the midst of winning what would eventually be 7 out of 9 against opponents like us, SA, Dallas, NO).

6. daernoth

daernoth Member

You know, I love our pg combo. I am amazed at how well that has turned out. I would trade nearly everyone except for them.

When Yao comes back, losing Landry or Scola wont hurt so much but losing either of our pgs would hurt like there is no tomorrow.

7. PlanetG

PlanetG Member

Well, I don't really ever care about what strings of wins teams can put together. There's a combination of how the Rockets can play - and if they get it right, they can beat any team that is hot - that can stop those little strings. !! :)

They just have to go out on the court and focus. And the focus has to point back often... to how RA decides the flow of the game with the lineups he puts in there, how he substitutes and uses timeouts. When we gave up the last lead we had tonight... the team seemed lost & unable to put any defensive pressure on. The choices Coach made: his substitutions didn't work.

Tactically, the only way I felt Philly really crushed us tonight was in how they responded to Landry around the hoop. Dude just got stopped in his tracks tonight. Made me really sad, goes without saying.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I didnt like Ariza being in there injured, but its a 6 pt (2 possession) ball game with a minute left.. That's close enough.

9. hahachui

hahachui Member

i'll miss Lowry....

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

in other news Ron Ron had a great game with Kobe out and gave the Lakers their first win in the Rose Garden against the Blazers in 5 years. 9/12 fg, 3/4 3 pointers, 3 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl. And Ariza tonight had a...

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

oh yeah he had 21 pts.

12. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

I blame battier. Stupid turnover at the end and taking too many dumb 3 point shots in the second half. Trade him

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

watch the game closer...that was a horrible turnover, but far from the reason we lost...you have a missed Ariza layup on the break down 3 that was much more important and earlier in the 4th...that wasnt the reason we lost either, but a more important play. Also some of the bad shots he took were bail out shots, late in the clock, or with no other options opening up. He should make the open un-rushed threes, but to solve the hurried ones the team needs the offense to run better, so they don't take all 24 seconds to shoot.

14. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Relax .... Its just the philly game from 2 years back :rolleyes:

15. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Ariza 3/9 fg, 1/2 3 pointers, 2 rebs, 4 asts, 2 stls.

It's been preached that Ariza IS not the go-to guy or 2nd scorer behind Brooks, he's our 3rd or maybe 4th option on the team, and the number he racked up has been a enormous disappointment for me, so for a lot of fans I guess.

*sigh* coach Adelman gotta do something, got to do....

16. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

I blame RA. Why doesn't he just slap Scola and Budinger in the face while an injured Ariza continues to play. :mad:

17. eman

eman Contributing Member

RA went brain-dead on us last night, playing that line-up down the stretch. I mean, if Ariza had been decapitated, RA would've shoved him out on the court. And CBud just sat and watched.

18. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

I guess it's RA's decision, he made it that Ariza should be in the game for the injured Lowry because he's more experienced than Budinger, more athletic than Scola. :rolleyes:

It's all RA's fault.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Clutch's description of the game is the best, a "clunker." To be sure, a true "clunker." We have seen many of these through the years. Every team has them, but if you have too many, you are sitting home during the playoffs, a fate that is looking more likely by the day.

20. Throwback9495

Throwback9495 Member

This game was disappointing, we came back to lead by a good margin, and just let it go in the last 15 minutes...true Houston Rockets style, then Kyle Lowry gets injured. I was at this game and was really enjoying myself... until the fourth quarter.