1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 2/6/2010

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Yak

Yak Member

Would Joey be playing right now if Yao was healthy? No.

That's even worse. Ever hear of something called rythm? You can't just throw a cold player into a tight game willy-nilly. Especially one who needs the ball in his hands. He would have been a detriment to Brooks' performance late in the game, where Brooks basically forced the issue (in a good way) by keeping the ball.

2. Mr. Space City

who said he wasn't aggressive?

even when budinger wasn't scoring he as doing other thing with his minutes.

he had 1 less assist than ariza while playing HALF as many minutes as a ariza. he had more rebounds than ariza while only playing half as many minutes.

by guarding brooks and landry they were FORCEING other players to shoot. and imo i have more confidence in c-buds shots going in than ariza.

but whatever :rolleyes:

3. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

At least we can all agree that with a starting lineup consisting of of Ariza, Hayes, Battier, we have a good shot at John Wall.

4. Yak

Yak Member

There you go again using misleading statistics to prove a point. Our bench obviously has more offensive potency, is quicker, and has reliable shooters. So Bud's stats were inflated compared to Ariza's half-court offensive scheme.

Consider this (and this isn't a knock on Brooks, just exemplifying City's faulty logic):

Brooks had LESS rebounds than Lowry, ONE MORE assist than Lowry in 24 more minutes.

Sometimes the boxscore deceives us.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It sure does.....especially when you ignore what each person's role is as defined on the court.

DD

6. Mr. Space City

because lowry is a better rebounder and passer than brooks

7. Yak

Yak Member

Bud and Ariza are pretty even at rebounding and passing. So your boxscore argument still is still ludicrous.

8. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

for all of you that think iggy isnt worth 15 mil, or that he was unimpressive...i was watching the rockets coaches the entire game and the biggest emotion was when iggy would drain threes or get fouled. it must be killing them that the owner wont take that contract. they want him BAD.

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Thaddeus Young impressed me more than anyone else on the court tonight.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm gonna take a wild guess here, but maybe they were reacting because it was affecting houston negatively?

Unless they were jumping up with joy, which i doubt, you didnt say if the emotion was positive or not, so i think it's safe to say it was negative.

1 person likes this.
  11. Mr. Space City

budinger had more assist than ariza despite playing half as many rebound better and had 1 les rebound than ariza despite playing half as many minute how is that ludicrous when bud did more than ariza in his limited minutes despite not shooting as well?

then you bring up how brooks had less rebounds than lowry. well duh because lowry is a better rebounder than brooks.

then you bring up how brooks had 1 more assist than lowry despite lowry playing 19 minutes compared to brooks 43. which proves that lowry is a better rebounder than brooks and a better passer/playmaker.

12. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Something to add on: the bench has compliments each other MUCH more than the starters do.

13. Yak

Yak Member

He played well, but he isn't really a guy that can lead a team deep into the playoffs.

Here's my take on him and his contract: I would gladly play 15 mill. for the next 4 years for Iggy, but if, and only if, he would be paired with a true superstar (LeBron/Kobe/CP3). He's an outstanding 3rd fiddle and a decent 2nd option, but at this point, I don't think a team with Yao and Iggy can win a championship, and in the end, that's what we're gunning for.

I would love to add Iggy if I were a team like Dallas or Cleveland. In fact, I'd be willing to give up pretty much anyone on those teams to get him (if I were Cuban I'd offer up Damp/Howard/Beaubois for Iggy/Dally).

So maybe adding Iggy/Dally gives us a few extra wins this season and for the next few seasons, but are we really looking at a championship contending team, one that can defeat the Lakers?

As crummy as it may sound, you have to lose in this league to win (via lottery). Now, I'm not condoning tanking, but I'm not condoning trade for a player that we will have locked up for the next 4 years getting paid big bucks. I say we either let TMac expire or deal him for shorter contracts like a Butler/Haywood deal, that way we can take a look at our franchise's future after Yao and Battier expire next season, and decide where to go next.

14. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

fixed it

15. Yak

Yak Member

Ariza, on his own, created 3 possessions for the Rockets. Ariza, along with Battier, kept Iggy in check most of the game.

And once again, Bud plays in a stat-inflating time of the game with players like Lowry who push the tempo. So of course he's going to get more opportunities for rebounds and assists.

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

THE TRUTH!

17. PlanetG

PlanetG Member

this one hurt. the way the control of the game just utterly vanished with philly taking shots and making shots, and houston failing to react down the stretch, and failing to make intelligent substitutions?!1

to add insult to injury, we just watched an ironic halftime piece on Dorsey here during the Versus airing of the Vipers game. :(

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's something many dont get...just watching the game tonight after lowry went down and bud was in there with brooks...bud was doing the same thing battier does. Same role, same result. Lowry pushes the ball and creates opportunities on the run, therefore the other guys actually dont follow the play or offense and get different opportunities. With brooks setting up most of the time the oportunities and possible outcomes are very limited for the guys he plays with.

I think both lowry and brooks are too valuable and unique to give away...unless you get a no brainer of a deal you have to keep them AND start them both. Lowry's gonna have some issues defending twos, but the offense should be much better and with yao next year lowry will have help...not the ideal backcourt size-wise, but i think it's a must if you're going to keep both. Lowry is too good to play 20 mins a game and brooks is too good to cut back his minutes.

19. ken

ken Rookie

we got to trade battier....this avg5-6pts a game,falls asleep during games 9 out of 10 the opposing player will gets heart breakin' shot in his
    face...i'm pretty sure he's a nice guy,but his ass gotta go........ :mad:

20. Mr. Space City

eh, when bud took over for ariza after he got suspended in that detroit game and got his first start he went 16/12/5 (6-11) which showed glimpses that it's not just lowry that inflates his stats.

like i said whatever, games over i think playing bud over a injured ariza was a better option given the circumstances, you dont. i guess we agree to disagree then.