1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 2/6/2010

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 6, 2010.

1. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

Our Welcome Back thread jinxed him :(

2. Yak

Yak Member

One gets to play with the worst starting 5 in the league.

One gets to play with one of the best benches in the league.

One got to play against a pretty damn talented starting 5 tonight.

One got to play against a below average second unit tonight.

3. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

big loss for us, we need players who can play!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

5. daernoth

daernoth Member

Yet another game I dont understand Adelman's coaching.

Yes, with Lowry in the game we would have won but once he is out adjustments are in order.

2 major decisions in the game just baffled me.

First, he replaced Dorsey in the 4th quarter with Chuck. That made NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. Clyde was commenting on how other people needed to step up offensively without taking into account that most of our offensive players were ON THE BENCH. Scola needed to come into the game. Hell, at that point Anderson might not being a bad choice. Brooks cant do all the freaking scoring by himself and Landry was being denied the ball.

Second, why was Ariza who is clearly hobbling out there left in the game?? For one thing, we could end up getting more injured and for another he is just hurting too much to help offensively. Bring in freaking Jermaine Taylor or keep Budinger in the game. Ariza has been playing well the last couple of games. Why risk injury??

6. Yak

Yak Member

Like what? Play a guy who hasn't played all game in Taylor?

Or play a 1-6 Budinger?

7. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Any competent coach can see through this many games that Battier, Ariza, and Hayes are vastly inferior to their bench subs.

8. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

Agreed, Adelman makes some puzzling coaching decisions at times.

9. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

wow subs man i'm hungry

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

So I guess this is the makeshift post game analysis thread?

Where's Clutch?

11. VBG

VBG Member

Honestly, T-Mac would have made a big difference in this game.

With Lowry out it was up to Brooks to create ALL the offense. It was just too much.

Budinger wouldn't have helped much because he also needs offense to be created for him. He probably would have knocked down the shots Battier missed though

12. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

I'm sorry, but our bench destroy starters as well. Do you really believe the Sixers had their BENCH out on our 21-2 run?

13. Yak

Yak Member

And something needs to be clarified.

When people say we're in a "developmental year," that doesn't mean that we should play youngsters like Bud, Taylor, and Dorsey the most.

For the Rockets, this year is to develop some cohesiveness and chemistry for the PLAYERS THAT WILL BE PLAYING HEAVY MINUTES NEXT YEAR when we get Yao back.

We're not in the same boat as a team like the TWolves.

We're in a situation where we have an injured star in Yao on the bench who's prepared to step back onto the court NEXT SEASON.

So our "development" should be aimed towards anyone that will consistently logging minutes in the rotation, regardless of age/experience.

14. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

This one's on RA. The rockets did all they could to put the ball in the basket, but they only had two scorers on the floor, Landry and Brooks. Hayes was ineffective, Ariza was injured, Battier was bricking and letting Igoudala shoot wide open 3's. So what really baffled me is why not put CBUD in for ariza? He can shoot the 3 as well as drive, so he spreads the floor. Also, you maintain defense with hayes and battier. It's on Rick.

15. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Yeah its kind of weird...

--RB

16. Yak

Yak Member

That's probably why I mentioned that we have one of the best benches in the league with damn talented players.

But I was also responding to the fact that you mentioned that the +/- differential was a trend. It's an obvious fact that bench players play against other team's bench players more often than they play starters.

17. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

False. We're trying to find out what works, not build on what doesn't. Do you really think it is a good idea to continue to give Hayes, Ariza, and Battier big minutes? They have as much offensive production as my grandma.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

can someone explain to me the Dorsey-Hayes switch at the end.

i mean they both lack the offensive skills but dorsey is a way way way better rebounder and shot blocker

19. Mr. Space City

how dare all you question RA.

he's a HOF coach while we are the lowly peasants on a rockets message board.

obviously playing a hurt ariza was the better option than playing a healthy budinger :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He's pissed off like I am :mad: