1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 12/5/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2022.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Really guys? Come on man.......lol he shows love to the City here and its like that. Yall just never liked the dude no matter how much he did for the team.

I love that we own though lmao.....and well he did look...awful. But that is besides the point. He's a Houston legend no matter what.

Patience, justinh, aaquaa and 6 others like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

All this time, I thought harden was the one cooking in the pot

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Morey trying to replicate the old rockets with the same players but older, an injury prone center, and an awful awful head coach and it’s not working out for them? Shocking!

PolarBear, fattz, Tfor3 and 9 others like this.
  4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

What a ****ing win baby.

Tfor3, burlesk, daywalker02 and 3 others like this.
  5. Qan

Qan Member

Lol doesn't really matter. Rockets still far and Sixers still a better team, so ofc Gordon would love to be playing for Sixers.

Jontro likes this.
  6. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

yup, as expected.

Jontro likes this.
  7. maypk

maypk Member

Even tho it doesn't change the fact that Silas is still the worst coach in the NBA, credit is given where credit is due.

He drew an excellent play at the end of regulation.

Tfor3, ktex, No Worries and 2 others like this.
  8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Sounds like you are looking for length, and you're excited with the length of A.Bona?

This stuff writes itself

No Worries likes this.
  9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Can someone please tell me what’s the point of playing daishen nix? Does anyone see anything positive in his playing time? I mean he’s a terrible defender, below average passer, average shooter, Doesn’t create his own shot. What does he do ?

13 in 33, aaquaa, Imanimal and 3 others like this.
  10. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

We have KPJ+JGreen+Josh+TyTy+Nix at 1&2
    Tari+KJM will be perfect duo at 3 when EGordon leaves
    Sengun+Bruno+Garuba+Boban and even Jabari at 5
    But only Jabari at 4.Tate and KJM are undersized

We need sizeable back-up for Jabari at 4.This Bona boy is a perfect candidate. Might go around 20-22 at the draft. Should be picked if available.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

HEY, BUDDY, what happened to DEADLY HARDEN BIID PNR?

AND HOW COME 2 3PT SHOOTING MEGA SUPERSTARS COULDNT BEAT a sophomore(rookie in fact because he never played 10 full nba games) slowfooted undersized center that cant shoot or defend?
    ANALYTICS -DUMBALYTICS!

Tfor3, aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Tfor3 and Ankara1923 like this.
  14. JW86

JW86 Member

Alright, I'm ready to let go of my dislike for Silas for I hope at least until the end of the year. He benched guys who didn't bring it and didn't look ready. We can question too much Nix and Mathews, I personally would've thrown in Josh for either one, but cannot blame him because young guys have to learn from their mistakes and push through it. Coaches want to see how players handle their bad play, but once we had a serious shot - that's what I think the thought process was - Silas played the guys who brought it and trusted them.

This was a great win, especially when you consider how Embiid could do no wrong, none of our centers especially Sengun could stop him, Harden was back in pretty decent form - definitely would've been better had he a few more games under his legs - and our guards / wings we're allowing Harris to just shoot threes and the others to just blow by. I saw a few plays where KPJ & Green literally seemed like they allowed it to happen just to try get the steal from behind and or expecting help. We don't Wemby yet guys lol. That's Harden type defense right there too :p

I'm impressed though, we were the more poised team of the two, actually clamped down on defense - especially KPJ on Harden - and just took our time to get a shot. Sometimes a very ugly one or late desperation attempt, but still. Jabari looked very confident, KPJ did, Tari was our Rodman once again, KJ attacked relentlessly, Bruno was fired up, Green was dishing and finding ways inside to score as his 3 wasn't falling. Definitely a lot to like, these are the type of games they can learn tremendously from and it seems they all did. Coach Silas even with the great rotation at the end!

All in all, very good game and I'll take these type of wins and no Wemby over looking incompetent and losing almost every single game. I rather look competent and lose, sure, but anything over awful rotations, lack of confidence, no mojo and just doing whatever. Saw some solid plays drawn up, except for Bruno ending up with a 3pt attempt on an out-of-bounds play with 3 seconds left lol. KPJ still needs to work on his connection with Sengun, but Green looks fine there and I'm getting more confident in him running point way more so KPJ can get those catch and shoot threes.

Tfor3, DeBeards and burlesk like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@RHU525
    you told me harden is better than sengun(cant defend, cant shoot, slowfooted and undersized) and he couldnt even beat the worst team in NBA and he had only a help of a HOF and championship coach, the best center in nba with elite post , midrange and 3pt game and the refs?

@Easy how is this possible?

why embiied no win and he can shoot midrange and 3 pt?

Ankara1923, aaquaa and Tfor3 like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

17. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Harden never learned what it takes to be a champion at NBA. However I'm sure the stripper whores think he is the best partyman in town.

Good win fellas.

aaquaa and Tfor3 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

YES!

NO BIG NO!

19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden didn't want to listen Chris Paul and ignored, disrespected him. Instead of talking and resolving differences.
    Chris Paul wanted James Harden to play off ball and catch and shoot, James ignored and dribble Iso in the Playoffs.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member