1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 12/19/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2012.

1. carayip

carayip Member

Also, a lot of people forget that Harden was at his efficient best playing next to another ball dominant guard in Westbrook, not some spot up shooter.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

What we need is a versatile PF to be our starter. I still really want Paul Millsap but don't know if we can get him. That dude does EVERYTHING. Maybe he's not a true all star, I don't care to argue about that, but he's a consistent borderline all star level player who does exactly what we need at the 4. Tough defense, great pick and roll play, hits the open jumper to space the floor.

Just thinking about what Millsap could do playing alongside the likes of Lin and Harden makes me drool. We'd be a playoff team this season for sure if everybody stayed healthy.

3. lfw

lfw Rookie

Is 2Pat going get Wally Pipped by Morris?

4. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I think I'll rewatch the Knicks game...lol...

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yes! more of the 1-2 PNR. We saw this in the Knicks game & saw it again today. Would love to see more. That is a great way in which they can make each other better & we can have more of the integrated mentality that Morey wants as opposed to the take your turn mentality.

Substitution patterns were a little bit off but I liked the Lin Douglas Harden thing McHale runs. It seems to be working decently. Would also love some more Lin Harden PNR.

In other news Greg Smith is a boss man. I adore that guy he just does the right thing. He is being kept wide open but he converts & he sets mean picks.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

completely agree...Harden just looked gassed...by the end of games...he seems to have a better burst down the stretch...i guess the coaching rotations have improved...In fact i believe that the efficiency can further be maximized...by letting Harden take the early seat in the 1Q and letting Lin run the rest of the quarter...and then allow Harden to start the 2nd with TD and sit Lin.

For the end of the 3rd quarter...they should have lin take the early break and let him and TD start the 4th and allow for Harden to play his game down the stretch...

7. nickg

nickg Member

Well, that's what im saying. He's not a point guard. Decent shooter hitting his shots really well ATM. When Lin goes off, he comes in and harden runs the show. When harden goes off, Lin comes in and he runs it. TD gets his shots

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't think it's a coincidence that we're playing better since 2Pat went down. Hate to see anybody injured but I wish the coaches were smart enough to take him off the floor sooner.

9. muas2010

muas2010 Member

More chances if playing against the East teams.:grin:

10. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member

Jeremy looked really upbeat

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Im sure that Morey is already on that...Milsap would be a immediate help to what the rockets really need...a scoring rebounding atheletic 4...Asik is gonna help clean the glass...but a true post presence will help this team be a better playoff team...better balance...will be able to play both an uptempo and halfcourt game more efficiently

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

Why do you say this?

13. nickg

nickg Member

Really don't get the hate. Sure, he's slumping right now. Buy he impacts the game positively in so many other areas that you lice with it. Really can't know 15+ a game, along with everything else he brings, from a second year player. He already has improved his shot after only a year, he will continue to grow.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Harden wasn't here in training camp.
    He was brought here to be the superstar.
    So why not run every play through him for the first 10-20 games to see where his main strengths are?

Now they seem to have done that, and are using the lighter schedule of the last week or so to really work out the playbook and get him more possessions "off the ball".

Hard to be critical of the coaching for not integrating him properly when he only turned up right before the season tip off!

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Because statistically our worst units throughout the year have been with Patterson on the floor.

16. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I'm loving the one-handed Greg Smith catch and finishes.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

I haven't looked into the numbers for line ups. Dumb of me. Do you have a link?

18. archinkent

archinkent Member

Philly was the last team the Rockets played before they went on the 22 games streak iirc.

19. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

There is a thread that I argue for Millsap, you can search for it :) A silly poster said it would be a sidegrade from 2Pat.

20. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

Well hard to praise him either when he is doing what was painfully obvious to most on this board since the beginning of the season.