1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 11/14/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 13, 2014.

1. omgTHEpotential

I missed the game. Checking out the boxscore... DMo's statline seems to look almost as good as the last game, except for the production on the offensive end.

2. nobie

nobie Member

Rocket's need to go more in the post for Dwight and DMo. Its pretty simple.. in this game both DH and DMo could easily beat there guys...

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I disagree completely TBH. IMO, PBev ALONE is far more important to our team than Adams and Lamb combined. PBev sets the tone for hard nosed defense when he is out there playing his heart out. With PBev, Harden and Howard's life are so much easier and they can then shift that focus to the offensive end. T-Jones, while I disagree with others on how good/bad he is, is still our starter for a reason. He is a legit PF in the NBA. While D-Mo has stepped up admirably and very impressively (never thought I would say this given his past performances), he is still part of our depth. TJones is a guy that when hot, is capable of putting up 20/10 numbers, hardly an Adams type player.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets beat the teams they are supposed to beat. That isn't always easy. It's a common mistake to play down to the competition. The team won last night because of their defense. Last year that was rarely if ever the case.

They won a close game. It was the only close victory they've had all season. The team is 8-1. They've beaten some good teams too. Plenty of other teams in the league have played poor teams and their record is worse than 8-1.

On one hand I definitely believe the Rockets should be getting more praise and respect from the national media. But on the other hand to have a team that is 8-1 and still be able to fly under the radar is great. We should enjoy it while we can.

Plus I've been a Rockets fan for a long long time. I'm used to the lack of national sports media respect.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He can't even put in a wide open lay up

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It was more than the defense Classic. We missed a lot of threes and didn't attack the rim.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Garcia is not featured large in the Rockets plans. He is a bit player.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Man, the guys gave me a scare. I said earlier that if the Sixers won, I'd give up cheesesteaks. So there I am at the end, seeing those great sandwiches flying off to the great beyond, when we finally pull off what should have been an easy win. Wow!

My stupid post. We've lost so many "sure wins" over the years that I was nuts to do this:

9. baubo

baubo Member

I don't think it's so much the Rockets played down to competition as much as they weren't hitting their shots. I mean, no one was hitting them besides Canaan. Make even 33% of 3s, which is still bad, and we would've won by double digits and no one would think they phoned it in.

Sometimes you have crappy nights. I'm just glad we won on such a night.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Slightly off topic, but do they still have Texadelphia in Austin?

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yes.
    I have one literally like one minute drive away on Anderson.
    I'm also one minute away from Torchy's.

Austin is nice.

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

thank god no "Philadelphia game"

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Actually another one, but this time they can learn from a POSITIVE result.

:)

DD

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, they are still here.