1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 3/29/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 29, 2015.

1. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

The job doesn't start at gametime. They're at the arena about two hours before tipoff time.

Before night games, teams usually have a shootaround at about 10 am, so it's not like they're not up at this time on gamedays.

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Wall is a premier PG

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I mean other PGs like Westbrook, Curry, Parker, CP3, possibly Ellis.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HdC7e_ppwoM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Man... you ****ty fans make the Rockets fanbase look terrible. We just beat the Wizards with a recovery Dwight, no Beverley, no T-Jones, no D-Mo, and no K-Pap and you guys are ****ing whining about it? Well no **** we will lose to top teams currently! Basically half our team is injured, mostly the good half. How many top teams right now could have overcome the adversity that our Rockets consistently have? Jesus Christ, some of you need to just jump off a cliff.

5. JazzLakerHater

Lol if you think Ellis is better than Wall.

6. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Yea I was surprised Nick shot poorly from the free throw line..he's almost an 80% shooter from the stripe...hopefully was just an anomaly and not a trend...otherwise his D on Wall was impressive

7. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Wall is in that same conversation as being one of the elite PG's

8. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Agree saleem.....yeah, teams go on runs BUT J. it will get you beat doing it consistently...and we do it consistently. Luckily, Wizards didn't play that great or it could have been a different story.

9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I agree 100%. This team is mentally tough and not getting enough credit for what they've done already this year being plagued with injuries and they keep beating teams they shouldn't be

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So are we really cheering for the Spurs today???

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

I thought so, seems like I recall him being accurate from the line. He could buy a free throw today. I think he is a bit amped up.

12. JazzLakerHater

I just realized something, the Rockets have been very good on national tv this year. This includes a 3-0 record on ABC. They're the anti Texans.

13. AuburnRocket

Absolutely !!!

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Absolutely, I want the Rockets to get in second place and stay there. I think the Mavs are our best shot to get to the second round. At that point, half of the playoff teams in the West will be gone. After that, it is all gravy.

15. hiephopp

hiephopp Member

Spurs are 8 point favorites tonight

16. AuburnRocket

Why don't you do this ? Go check out all the leads we've given up this year (some against lower tier teams) and get back to me and tell me that they were all because of injuries. I'm sure everyone here is aware of who all is missing....if not, ABC certainly showed it for any fans still half asleep during the game. This was a Wizard's team that had lost 4 of their last 5 and were 10-17 I believe the 2nd half of the season after starting out something like 31-10..something along those lines. Spin these constant relinquishing of leads all you want, with all the excuses you want, but it will come back and bite us. Oh, not jumping of any cliffs today either.

17. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I can think of 5-6 games that we lost by a total of 10 points give or take due to chemistry/injury issues...San Antonio, Atlanta twice,Memphis, the Suns and I'm sure I can add a few more. Check those games we played on our schedule and look who wasn't playing due to injuries as well as the Rockets still learning how to play with one another with the new additions of Brewer/Smith etc...

18. AuburnRocket

Well, acknowledged. But, would we have to take away victories where a ZBO,Duncan or another team was missing one or more players to injury or getting used to a new lineup. Just mark my statement that blowing leads will come home to roost at the end of the reg. season/playoffs.

19. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

the weak comments about "what is wrong with james harden" during the game are ridiculous. wow. some pretty negatives kids out there. or just trolls acting out ?

all very weird. oh look harden missed three shots, he's so stupid. like that. really ?

This team is loaded and dangerous in case you didn't notice.

20. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Depends..time will tell...if we have most of our players back from injuries or not but I get what your saying. It can be annoying to see us lapse in games or loose leads but I don't know of many teams that can keep winning games without 4 starters in their lineup. If the spurs lost Duncan,Parker, Ginnobili and one of their other key players over a long period of time all at once I wonder how consistent they would be this year. Look at OKC this year and how they've dealt with injuries. Portland is barely hangin on loosing 1 key player. Let them loose 4 and see what happens. It would haunt any team but we're gonna find out how the Rockets deal with it indeed. So far so good