1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 2/15/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2021.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

I’m under 3 blankets with no power/heat in complete darkness. The only light coming from my phone which will eventually die because I’ve had no way to charge it all day, but nothing can take away my burning hatred for Tilman Fertitta, Cal McNair, Jack Easterby, and Mike Fiers...that will keep me warm.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I haven't seen so many injuries for a long time. Eric Gordon 's groin injury bothers me a lot. He has been playing pretty well. This brings his trade value to zero. Dipo is nothing more than an expiring contract.
    Tucker should be okay soon. Let's see if KJM and KPJ can play some ball. It's shocking and horrible to hear that Spalding may be out with an Achilles injury. Lottery here we come. TF/ PF shouldn't get in Stone's way. Enough is enough.

B-Bob likes this.
  3. WestendMassive

Daryl could start at the 4 for Philly on Wednesday and they'd still beat us by 20

ak99999, Patience, Deckard and 9 others like this.
  4. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Sad state of affairs right now. Wood injury killed us

napalm06 likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its ok its still early in the season...the future belongs to us...

roslolian likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We lost by 12 or so......
    Again. Was that closer than it was?
    I just got electricity back
    Did we look like we were in this contest?

Rocket River

Jontro likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Damn dude losing to the Wiz? I'm not part of the tank group but when you get clobbered by Wizards its prob time to pack it up....

Deckard, B-Bob, Jontro and 4 others like this.
  8. WestendMassive

We were in the contest in the sense that we were physically in Washington playing basketball against the Wizards.

At no point did it look like we would win the game though.

RocketWalta, B-Bob, Jontro and 6 others like this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It is criminal how underutilised Tate is within the offense.

Making matters even worse we have the level of talent that warrants tanking, yet here we are letting John Wall play some of the most atrocious hero* ball I've ever seen. I don't even care about his numbers he is not a positive out there on the floor.

Are all those people pining over him because he yells on the bench and he's a 'better leader than Harden' comfortable now and ready to take a seat at the table to talk about just how often he quits on plays when something doesn't go his way?

*hog

I am sick to death of watching him play and it makes zero sense why he is hindering this opportunity for younger players who should be part of the team's future.

I'm having a pretty hard time watching the Rockets play and trying to think of a single positive thing to say about this offense. Pump fake. Pump fake. Pump fake. Pump fake. Pump fake. Take a worse shot. Pump fake. Take a worse shot.

Kind of makes you appreciate just what a real star actually looked like in Harden. Taking Tariq Black as the starting C to the playoffs.

Yet there's posters here who wanted him gone even before this season hahahaha. Us fans are getting served a pretty disgusting taste of karma right now getting to watch a pathetic example of someone trying to be a star when those days are long past them.

And a coach enabling him at the detriment of the team.

10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Sorry to hear it, but at least the Toyota Center is warm tonight...

[​IMG]

D-rock and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  11. vator

vator Contributing Member

Rather go to the Summit, but I’m sure Joel Osteen won’t let me in.

D-rock, icewill36, Deckard and 4 others like this.
  12. csc177

csc177 Member

Put him on ice!

13. csc177

csc177 Member

Nahhhh. I don't want to hear that "it's the NBA, everyone's good" line.... We've been getting our as*es handed to us consecutively for the last 6 games. Injuries or not, we're not a good basketball team.

Holding out optimism for the 20 year old crushing the G League, and some Stone magic at the deadline to kick start this rebuild. I dont have any confidence that we'll cruise to a top 4 pick. This team, and its luck, will go on a winning streak at the most inopportune time to ruin that.

14. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Me every time I think about the next Rockets game:

upload_2021-2-16_4-44-55.gif

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hello coach, this team still has better record post harden trade then pre harden trade

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hello coach, hold your horses!
    2018 rockets squad had that 5 games losing streak and they are golden standard now here, and they almost won it all were it not for the refs and some bad injury luck

17. csc177

csc177 Member

Bad injury luck is a re-occuring theme my friend.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

now this is i guess why silas plays a lot of people trusting them eventho they dont perform hoping they develop into playable players come playoffs time

eg i dont see any reason why danuel house cant be a great player... he just needs some things to click for him

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like his brain?

ak99999 likes this.