1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 11/26/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 25, 2018.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

@shvedsucks This guy is your speed yea? Cool. Gather all the low iq posters together LOL.

roslolian likes this.
  2. Remlap

Remlap Member

Didn't get to watch the game, but sounds like I didn't miss much.
    Can't believe we lost to CLE and now the Wiz?

Are we the new Sac Kings of the West?

3. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Yea, but points don't just happen in a vacuum, you don't just add a players assumed PPG to the end score and the team scores that much more, that's not how it works as you know. If Melo scores 13 points, on the average night, it's going to take him about 12 FGA, 2 FTA. Clark took 3 FGA, so the extra 9 FGA that Melo will take have to come from somewhere. On average he was doing 41/33/68, so the expected outcome from that is that Carmelo taking FGA away from those guys in a game like this isn't going to give you better offense as a team in the end.

Now, if you're saying "well it can give you better offense" as in there's a possibility, well, sure, anything "can" happen, but players aren't judged based on their outlier performances, we judge them based on their average / nightly expected performance. Carmelo has not just the 10 games with the Rockets, but last season trying to play a similar role which suggest that he's just as likely, even with a lot of open shots to be very bad on offense as he is to have a game like the Brooklyn game.

fckbandwagons and Patience like this.
  4. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Not really, first of all he would’ve given harden more rest. Second, on a night like tonight where Chris Paul was out, he would’ve been the guy you dumped the ball down to in the post and let him work. Instead, we didn’t have a single play maker or scorer on the floor and we turned the ball over giving the Wizards around 8 easy fast break points. Whereas if melo turns it over in the post or misses, We know the ball leaves his hands everyone gets back on defense. This is huge. We Go from scoring 2/5 times to just turning the ball over and giving up uncontested layups. That like a 12 point swing.

#904 Jump Ship, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    hakeemthagreat and roslolian like this.
  5. AndtheRockets

AndtheRockets Member

How is he wrong? ... Bluh. So many happy Go fans on here. God forbid they criticize their precious team and front office.

shvedsucks likes this.
  6. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Literally the tone at the end of the game was harden trash, he turn over

Seriously, no player has had to carry this much of an offense. Kobe and mj had help. And when kobe didnt he had help from the refs. I wish harden got that type of treatment and respect. No one blinked when kobe shot 20 fts, but if harden does it he is boring.

fckbandwagons, Slimfa and HP3 like this.
  7. jboslett

jboslett Member

Can't wait for some deals to fly because this is dreadful to watch.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Because no one has any insightful criticism. Its just whining. Do you see me doing that to someone like nook?? It's cause alot of you dudes just talk without being informed.

roslolian likes this.
  9. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

So, making 46.91% more than 2017-18 doesn't matter ? Are you serious ? If you can't comprehend money expended vs. player value I don't think I can help you. I'm telling you now that CP3 is an injury waiting to happen....that's just what it is. This is YEAR ONE of 4. He is providing little to nothing in the grand scheme of things as the HIGHEST paid Rocket...2nd highest paid guard and THIRD highest in the NBA. So, as the SECOND highest paid guard and the THIRD highest paid NBA player, the options are endless.

Hell yes, there are far better moves we could have made. For starters, we could have paid Ariza and Luc and that would have benefitted the team far better. I mean,how many other guards/pieces could we have added if not for giving him a 46.91 % increase or even signing him. If I could bet against my team, I'd bet you this CP3 thing ends horribly. I said this BEFORE this deal happened. I'll take no joy in this but you could see this coming from a mile away. Hope I'm wrong and eat crow but don't think I am.

If figures are correct I just looked at, CP3 is 35.5 mil of 135 mil. Salary cap is 101.869 mil, so technically wouldn't be over the cap w/o CP3. Just saying.

#909 AuburnRocket, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ariza and Luc?

Luc: 4 games played
    Ariza: 10 pts 37% FG

Can't tell if you are serious or trolling how can anybody serious say we would be better with Ariza and Luc over Cp3? FYI we COULD have retained Luc if we wanted to but thank goodness we didn't cuz he is still injured! You are b****ing about Cp3 out for a game due to strained knee but your solution is Luc who only played 4 games? WTF!!!!

Also if you are under the Cap you can only sign people up to the cap thats why most teams go OVER the cap so they can have exceptions. Again you need to study how the salary cap works so you don't get frustrated over wrong information.

FYI Rox have the fifth highest payroll im the league. You know what that means? Even if you clear Paul's entire salary you still wouldn't have enough money to pay a different star. So your facts about how much Cp3 is making is irrelevant, you gotta up your game. Luc and Ariza? Lulz

Maybe it won't end well with Cp3. But its better to take a chance with him then let him walk for freaking Ariza and Luc.

#910 roslolian, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    jojolover likes this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Got that right. I mean this aussie poster saying if only we didnt pay 40M to Cp3 we can pay that 40M to another player lol

And then he says we would have a better record if we had Luc who only played 4 games and Ariza who is shooting 37%FG over Cp3 lulz

#911 roslolian, Nov 26, 2018
    HP3 likes this.
  12. gogispade

gogispade Member

Oh cmon now...

13. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

What was the alternative? We would have been over the cap and unable to sign anyone. The only other option was to let him walk. How would that have made this team better? We still would have been capped out for the next 3 seasons unless we let capela walk too. So you just want to completely waste hardens prime because cp3 will miss some games?

Also, there is a chance harden gets upset if we dont bring back paul and he decides he wants out. Then what? Do we take the best lowball offer and start building around capela?

14. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Some MFs are better off being ignored. I know who u responding to because when u put someone on ignore, their **** doesn’t show. I only have so much tolerance for so called experts on here who think they know it all. I’m here to discuss basketball and have fun, that’s all, it’s aint that serious. People forget all of us are here because we want the rockets to win. And none of us are here because we are “experts” like some idiots think they are (except for the secret people who might be rockets staff lol), if they were experts like these MFs believe they are, then why the **** are u not on the rockets staff? That’s what I thought, so stfu before u go calling everyone out like u above them, u on the same exact level.... I have to argue with enough people all day as an attorney lol. Let the MFs be, don’t hurt their precious souls. If this is how they defend the rockets team who has no connection to them, I wonder how they defend their families, or the company that makes them money, Who they believe in, etc.. **** lol.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

So now, you have to be an expert to not talk out of your butt? One good thing this guy did is put me o ignore, imma do the same so i dont have to read that crap anymore.

16. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Losses always bring the GARM together.

You dont have to be an expert to see there was no option outside of paying chris paul. And he can be worth it if he has a legit backup. It would limit his minutes to the low to mid 30s. But point guard is the hardest postion to find a solid backup mainly because it is the hardest position on both sides. In todays nba your point has to be able to score and create offense as well as guard the ball. These playmakers who can shoot and defend are not easy to find and if they exist they should be a starter. That is why i think having a post up option to run off the bench next to a beverley type point guard would be perfect.

#916 Jump Ship, Nov 27, 2018
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Never thought I'd say this but...congrats Rockets on being the worst team in the City.

It's not that the Rockets are bad, they are just average...and the other two teams are pretty good...

I have faith in Morey to fix this.

shvedsucks likes this.
  18. TheSource

TheSource Member

Usually would be upset about this but he did drop 54 lol

19. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Sorry I don’t know if u were referring to my post of discussing people who think they are experts, assuming so, then yes sir, I pretty much agree, I’ve said this before. They kind of had no other choice in my opinion than to sign CP (which also seems to be the majority opinion). But if someone thinks they had another option, then ok, I tell them my opinion, and they give theirs. It’s interesting so see all aspects. But will I call someone names and be a little child? Nah, but if someone else does, then hey that’s who they are, I just won’t deal it with because I don’t have to, why should I? It makes no difference. If someone wants to get mad the rockets are losing and complain about it, then let them complain lol. That’s what my post was mainly about brother, these MFs going off cuz someone complain, like STFU ain’t nobody talking about your momma or daddy, they complaining about rockets, they are frustrated their team isn’t doing well, u don’t like it move on, no one is forcing u to be the same way u know what I mean? As far as being experts, yeah I mean there are popular opinions and then there are different opinions. But the rockets aren’t paying any of us, there is a reason. So if someone says something u believe to be wrong, then instead of getting into a pathetic little girl period rant about how stupid that other person is, just post your personal opinion if u want to and move on, or just move on if u don’t wanna post your opinion. Calling everyone out behind a keyboard is pretty pathetic. These MFs are probably the ones who have never stood up to anyone in real life, so they use a keyboard....It’s pretty simple, not very complicated. It’s all love though, but for some people I guess it’s much more lol. I’d rather save my arguments and back and forth BS for when I have to.

20. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

The dynamo have been pretty bad lol

JayGoogle likes this.