1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 11/26/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

That **** is insulting. I bet MDA and Morey don’t feel like they are about to run anything back.

BasketMAD, J Sizzle and J.R. like this.
  2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that's not a good thing. If Harden averaged 20 and 12, that'd be ideal.

When you are forcing Harden to create on every possession from Iso's, it's ugly

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LOL@ some of you guys thinking we would win with these sucky role players. I think it may be time to break this team up, maybe send Paul on his way. If you cant get better role players and start winning no sense in wasting Pauls last couple of good years. Get some young players and picks for him and start looking toward the future. No way we are competing with GSW this year unless Morey has some sort of trade up his sleeve and he cant wait til trade deadline this year or it'll be too late.

AuburnRocket and J.R. like this.
  4. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Don’t say we suck, even though it’s obvious, some people here may panic and that’s too much to handle for their gentle little souls. Only say positive things because if we say anything negative we aren’t rockets fans

BigShasta likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Notice how I mostly only call out the stupid ones LOL.

6. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

The amount of posters here obsessed with player salaries is lame. Who cares what it costs to keep cp3 and harden together and give harden much needed rest. Who cares what it cosed to finally give James harden a player who they could not double on harden off when he set a pick and faded to the three (anderson) which guaranteed the switch when we wanted it. Would have been nice to get beal off harden late in the game.

I know you guys hated ryan, but he did a lot more then you gave him credit for even when he struggled at times until he lost all of his confidence.

Seriously, quit hating on how much players make.

DreamShook and HP3 like this.
  7. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

As cool as that is, the Rockets shot 47/38/78, scored 131 points with OT, 125 in regulation, but gave up 57/38 shooting to the Wizards, so, you add Carmelo and all that means is that Harden and Gordon use less possessions. They were pretty efficient, so if Carmelo doesn't match that efficiency, the team is actually losing points, then if he is worse on defense than the role players, the Rockets are also giving up more points. So I don't know, hard to really say what this tells us

HP3 likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@Zboy

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I replied in Twitter.....can't let that nonsense run free.

DD

BigShasta likes this.
  10. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

MDA shouldn't have played MCW and MC at all. That messed up everything.

HP3 likes this.
  11. jcf

jcf Member

Wait, I thought Gordon had scored 8 3 pointers by some point in the 4th.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If Harden's name was "Westbrook", ESPN would be launching an MVP campaign based on "no help"

Remlap likes this.
  13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

5/7 of our rotation players are useless on offense... and we not even a good defensive team

BasketMAD likes this.
  14. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Lol, players getting tired messed up everything. If you believe this wizards team was going to roll over and quit after one quarter...it doesnt happen unless your first seed and teams decide they want to rest against you.

Beal and wall got to take turns playmaking. Harden had to carry the load for almost 48 minutes. Markieff and porter are pretty good at getting their own shot too.

HP3 likes this.
  15. jcf

jcf Member

Ok Shved. ;)

shvedsucks and HP3 like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gordon WAS. Past tense, WAS. Gordon was also MIA, prior to these 2 games vs Cleveland & Washington. Was he not? Was the board not complaining about Eric Gordon?

Where's Eric Gordon? What's wrong with Eric Gordon! Get Eric Gordon out of my life! Eric Gordon is worse than MCW!

17. HP3

HP3 Member

But we were winning even when we played bad...so who's the scape goat.....Bobby?

18. hakeemthagreat

I don't see it like that. Harden played the whole game & scored about 40% of all the points. Almost every game we've won he had ridiculous points. Our bench is the worst in the NBA now. Melo gave you 13pts a game when the team didn't have any identity. I'm thinking with Harden rolling, Melo gets WIDE open looks like that Brooklyn game when CP had it goin. He definitely gives you more than 3pts like Gary gave us tonite

19. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

I just wanted to see
    this gordon
    A healthy cp3
    A healthy james harden
    And melo

For more than one single game this season which was the first game of the season. To give up on it after ten games....big egos all around. Melo should have accepted a lesser role and mike needed to give it more time and give him minutes when he could. Melo needed to bust his ass in shape and stop getting cooked by every scrub player in the league....but lets be honest, our bench is not getting stops. If melo just does his thing and scores or at least gets up a quality shot in the post then we can bet back on d. Half of the points teams score on our bench come from turnovers because of the lack of playmaking.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  20. jcf

jcf Member

Sorry. My bad. I was confused. I didn't catch the date on the picture below. I thought the reference was to tonight.