1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 1/8/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 7, 2008.

1. brooksstephens

once again, trade Head NOW while his value is high!! :D :D (jk)

2. choujie

choujie Member

24 minutes in 2nd half. Kind of stats padding. He couldn't jump tonight for some reason.

3. TDRox

TDRox Member

That's a bad sign...4 is bad luck for the Chinese...

4. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I honestly think that is the right thing to do.

We should've done it at the end of last season.

Hopefully, he has a few more good games and Morey includes in some kind of trade that improves this team before the trade deadline.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What's your problem, goofus? Yes, Head shot very well tonight, but he also had 4 turnovers. Not turnovers in the heat of the action, due to good defense, but stupid turnovers, like the 2 bounce passes that went nowhere.

6. rocketsmetalspd

3 in row. I hope they can get the win tomorrow. I am sure they will play well enough to win.

7. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

3 straight Mac-less wins...the Rockets have accomplished what was once impossible.

Damn.

This feels like the Yao-less Rockets of last year...people predicting .500 records, but then the team gets sparked and makes a run.

How sweet it is. :D

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

How noble of you to give your approval of Luther Head's game tonight. :rolleyes: If the rest of your life matches your spelling ability then you really aren't the guy to be giving other people advice, now are you?

9. cozza

cozza Member

lets get 4 straight tomorrow ;)

10. jogo

jogo Member

Can't hate on Head tonight. He was hot. If he keeps shooting well, then he can stay on the team. :)

But I would still consider trading him if a good deal came along. I'm not sure that this team needs a trade at this point in the season, though, as they seem to be hitting their stride. I know Wash. is not a great team but we won this game easily, beating them all night home at their arena. We're playing like we could make the playoffs.

11. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Yao and Chuck probably altered about 20 shots tonight. LOL. Yao patrolled the paint alot better than usual I thought.

12. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

Who'd thought Luther would go off like that... strange times we're living.. :D

13. rvpals

rvpals Member

I love the good schedule we are enjoying now. Great win.

14. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

Well, Yao reminded me of Tim Dunkan. queitly putting up numbers, with 20+10 every night, plus 2-3 ass, 2-3 blocks. He is a superstar that we can lean on.

But you just had to give credit to Luther Head for his high percentage shooting, rafer for his assists and the overall dominating boards that we collected.

Good win!

15. alaskansnowman

A few thoughts from the game...

1.) I don't think I've seen such bad passing from a guard as I have from Luther Head. It's just a turnover waiting to happen whenever he passes the ball. The only time I have been this frustrated with a particular aspect of a guard's game was anytime Shandon Anderson tried to dribble the ball during his stint with the Rockets. Thank goodness Luther can shoot though.

2.) Bonzi should take lessons from Rafer on improving his inside scoring percentage. Speaking of Rafer, he's done a fantastic job on finishing his drives lately. All that work he's put in definitely has paid off.

3.) Yao does not seem very dominant. Granted he's being double and triple teamed at times, but there are also times when he gets blocked going 1 on 1 or simply loses the ball. I wonder if the toll from all the summers of playing for the China team are finally taking their toll. Ginobili finally took a summer off and has been having a great start to the season, so it can definitely make a huge difference.

4.) Rockets are doing a fantastic job of passing the ball around as a whole. You can really see Adelman's offensive philosophies coming into fruition during this latest stretch. At one point we had 21 assists on 30 fg's or something.

5.) We probably would not have won this game against a decent team. The amount of turnovers we had was inexcusable.

6.) It'll be really, really interesting to see how T-mac is reintegrated into the offense. There's two schools of thought regarding this. One - the defensive attention paid to t-mac will open up looks to our other players. Two - Mcgrady's dominance of the ball/shooting will take away shots from our other players and make them less comfortable. If you know you are only going to shoot 4 times a game, you are gonna be a lot more nervous than if you know you can shoot 8 to 10 times.

16. ruhroh

ruhroh Member

Wow, judging by the box score, it looks like rafer had a good game. 3 rebounds away from a triple double lol. But yea, lets go for 4 tomorrow.

17. yogagreenstone

18. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

he had about a weeks worth of good games in a row.

19. TrailerMonkey

TrailerMonkey Member

Interesting. First Phil Chenier, then Steve Buckhanz, and now Eddie Jordan have all pointed out that this Rockets team sans Tmac move the ball a lot quicker and are much more fluid. You know it's not just our imagination and not Mac-hating when even random commentators start pointing that out. I hope Tmac can adjust when he comes back.

Rafer's absolutely going nuts, in the meantime, upping his Fg% and assists. So much for Mike James.

20. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Rafer became the top 1/3 of all starting PGs .... ;)
    and his teardrops are Tony Parker like now.... :D :D