1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 1/5/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hakeem poster has surely been beating that dead horse the millionth time.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I give KPJ a '10' for form on that game-winning three-point shot. That was a thing of beauty.

I bet he practices that all the time and Silas drew it up for him.

It reminded me of the last shot Jimmy took in "Hoosiers" to win the whole thing.

"I'll make it!" - Jimmy

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

lol

This is really what people need to do with their time. **** on the Rockets for occasional success.

Dobbizzle and Patience like this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Porter was an undersized 3. He is certainly wasn’t a 3-D player. He was erratic in his shooting during his time in Cleveland, which used him as a spot up shooter for the most part. He wasn’t a good defender. His skill set is diverse but he’s not great at any one thing. That team was crowded with 2 dynamic guards that needed the ball especially Garland, leaving Porter as the odd man out. Combine that with his volatile personality the Cavs cut ties with him. His style of play wouldn’t make him a fit at the 3. Maybe better suited as a 2 and bench guy. I agree that the Rox should explore other roles for him. But they committed to him and seem they’re evaluating him for this season.

Morey trading away Capela was a desperate attempt to make something happen possibly with nothing to lose if he indeed knew that was his final year in Houston. All that data by the way resulted in 27 missed threes and lack of personnel that could aggressively dribble drive or have other offensive skillsets. You mentioned Morey assuming that the current management team isn’t analyzing the current roster. Stone has made several moves since last season and probably working on more deals. That’s management job to constantly assess, plan, and execute to acquire more pieces.

Dobbizzle and Plowman like this.
  5. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

I just want to say, like, if y'all get Silas run out of town I'm at least as good at basketball strategy as an NBA coach.

Plus I'll reference memes and CF posters in post game.

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he will be fine, let him grow and learn

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

they both are learning to play with each other and off each other. Like i said in the past, Curry and Thompson were not a superstar pairing straight away. Every back court has to learn to play together. Haliburton and Fox are playing good together now in their second season, so it does take time

Dankstronaut and eliefor3 like this.
  8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

People who complain about wins in a season where we're already going to lose the majority of games without throwing them are the worst trash-tier fans around. I even prefer player-only fans to these losers. How can you complain on the rare occasions we actually pull one out in a season of getting thoroughly beat the majority of the time?

9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'll back your campaign if you say player-only fans and tankathon kids are garbage tier fans in interviews...

Dankstronaut likes this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

#FireSilas and #FireAnybodyNamedDerp

11. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Done!

Classic CF. I don't even have the job yet and people already trying to get me fired.

Dobbizzle likes this.