1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 1/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2014.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Spiegel went on like a 30 post Lin-hate tirade in this thread during the Wizards run. This nut needs to be suspended for awhile.

2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

just an incredibly bad 8 minutes. Hey, at least they played the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter. :)

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I am emotionally spent.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I think it's just as embarrassing HOW we won.

That should have been a game for our bench to get some quality time.

It could have been stopped with a couple of timeouts during that huge run. McHale has some unwarranted balls allowing the team to just dig a hole for 20 points straight without even walking to the sideline.

5. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

6. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

same-same here... 20-3 run! OMFG!

I don't get why McHale did not call time-out on that stretch. At least break the other teams momentum...

7. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Before LOH start screaming Wall schooled Lin with his 23 points and 10 assists, remember he did 23 points on 8/22 shots. Lin had 18 points on 5/11 shots. The most important thing is the Rockets came up with the W!:)

8. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

Glad it is a good ending.

9. vator

vator Contributing Member

Our bench is trash! Fact! Morey please trade Asik damnit. We need him or whatever he can bring in to improve that unit. We've lost so many games because the bench gets their asses handed to them on the regular. People complaining about Harden and Parson's minutes, but you can't sit them down or everything goes straight to hell. When Howard goes out there is a nonstop layup lane at our basket. I'm just tired of seeing this game after game after game.

Happy for the win though. Harden and Jones brought it home. Howard and Lin got us off to a good start. The bench...well hopefully the bench reminded Morey how crucial it is that he makes a move before the trade deadline.

10. Rockie_rocker

Rockie_rocker Member

Harden saved coach's @ss. Win or lose, to me, Mchale's earned the right to leave.

11. eman

eman Contributing Member

Good Lord. Looked like Kevin Seraphin-- who?-- was ascending to the pantheon of Rocket-killers.

Dwight's FT disability dooms us.

12. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Lol so hardens 8 points in a row didn't stop us from losimg? Hahahhahahaha you harden haters..

13. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

He's miserable. Leave him alone :)

14. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Yea man I've noticed that too

15. jeffrds

jeffrds Member

I might aswell get my heart checked tomorrow, it took quite a beating tonight.. Man, these guys are trying to murder us.

16. HtownRocket1

HtownRocket1 Member

Harden MR. CLUTCH

17. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Welp that game cost me a new iPad screen

18. NickKent

NickKent Member

Amen. Team was clearly lost, yet he seemed not to recognize anything was wrong.

19. novaman

novaman Member

Wait- did you even watch the game? tonight's near epic collapse little to do with the bench and PG play. It had everything to do with Howard's choke job in the 4th and poor offensive possessions

20. vator

vator Contributing Member

His nonstop penetration put pressure on us and we didn't respond well at all. As soon as they decided to slow the game down and nurse the lead instead of attacking is when it all fell apart. I remember him pulling the ball out and them setting up a post up for Nene and I was like thank God.