1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors - Vegas Summer League 7/13/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 13, 2023.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

When is the Summer League Champions Parade? After work I'll stop by academy and ask about the merch too

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Salvy

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ride with Summer League?

cheke64 likes this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Most likely the parade will be Monday or Tuesday, Rockets haven't won a chip since the first swag championship in 2017... The city is buzzing!

5. i3artow i3aller

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shut down traffic on westheimer

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trill burgers for all

Ubiquitin and Ancient Moabite like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Udoka had a talk with Whitmore and told him to not wait for the game to come to him, but to go take it and that’s what Whitmore did.

I have concerns over the passing but the offensive tools are really something else. He really is a big 2 IMO.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Rockets are loaded with young talent. Will take coaching to put it all together. Wasn't going to happen under Silas.

10. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Yeah I think he’s more 2 than 3 at this moment. That’s also one of the many ways he sneaks into the rotations eventually next year imo.

i3artow i3aller and Nook like this.
  11. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

His shot release is pretty slow. Will probably get blocked a lot but he’s a good hustle guy.

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

He has not been an amazing passer and he clearly has room to improve. That being said, I’ve seen him pass enough at summer league that I’m pretty confident he can be developed to an average passer at a minimum.

Ive never actually seen a 19 year built like that. The shot and some of the offensive footwork are really impressive. Insane potential. I’ve been high on this kid a long time and even advocated for him to be the pick at number 4. If he would have been the pick, we’d all still be pretty impressed.

Plowman likes this.
  13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Man, you need to post here a little more often again. Twitter doesn’t love you like we do. Haha.

I like Samuels and agree that he has a place on this team. I really like Hudgins quite a bit too. There is actually a lot to like about a few guys.

I’ve been super impressed by how the team has played as a whole. This doesn’t feel like Summer League to me. This team feels locked in and together.

I thought we would see a drop off in play after Thompson, Bari, and Tari stopped playing. The team is just rolling right along. Part of this is the talent level and I’m pretty sure the other part is coaching. I’m super stoked about what the coaching staff is going to bring the Rockets.

As far as Cam goes, I’m not too worried about him. It’ll take some time, coaching and reps. I think the Rockets can be patient with him. I think Cam will eventually reach his potential.

i3artow i3aller, Shark44 and Deuce like this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, I need to. Will try to do it more.

i3artow i3aller and mikol13 like this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The coaching has been so much better. Sullivan just leaps and bounds over Rick Higgins last summer. Team looks locked in and organized. Last year guys were just running around.

16. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

TBF Last year we also had the Summer league tank commander Eron Gordon