1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/27/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 26, 2015.

1. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Either way, I'm sticking with Harden. He carried us all year and brought Houston to a level that we have not seen in a while.

Go Rockets!! We've had a great season!!

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

Aw, don't sugarcoat it - tell us how you REALLY feel!

3. rocketsmetalspd

The team is going through the process of pain before the gain of becoming a Champion. The team is not far away from winning it all but still will need to retool one more time. Harden needs help with another player that can create for himself and others.

18 weeks away till next season:

Starters: Harden, DMo, Howard, Ariza, and PG (Beverley? Lull ?)

Bench: Capela, Terry, Smith, Johnson, Brewer

Go Rokcets!!

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

I've been watching the NBA religiously since 1984, and I've seen it all. Have watched every NBA Finals "final" game since 1990, when Vinnie Microwave put the nail in the Blazers coffin. Great players choke. Heck, that was the problem with that 1989-1991 Trail Blazers team-super talented, but a lot of errors doomed them- and Drexler was one of them. Hakeem and Clyde "choked" in college- how did that turn out? Magic Johnson and the Lakers got beat in 5 by these Rockets- highly embarrassing at the time- they turned out OK.

Isiah Thomas- had his share. We all know about Jordan. Duncan? Well, I remember one year when San Antonio was favored and they got the living **** kicked out of them by the Lakers- I think it's when they had Derek Anderson.

Pierce? Loser Celtic teams throughout his career. Garnett? Always had that label that he couldn't take a team to the Finals. Pippen quit on his team- and then 1996-1998 happened (with a little help, of course). Bird? Well, don't really remember him having bad games, per se. I'm sure he did.

Olajuwon? Individually, terrific. Team-wise? Seattle had our number, and we got swept by LA in 1990, I think.

The point is that there are all kinds of champions who go through this. I don't count Harden's tenure with OKC- he wasn't "the man" with that team- I'm referring to the Houston Rocket Harden. This was his first true test. Now, you build from here. And no major roster changes- at some point, you need continuity.

Keep Harden, Howard, Smith, Terry, Ariza- maybe add a player or two and pray to God everyone is healthy.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Harden heads to locker room. <a href="https://twitter.com/KPRC2">@KPRC2</a> <a href="http://t.co/ArhH3liGFK">pic.twitter.com/ArhH3liGFK</a></p>&mdash; Alex Radow (@alexradow) <a href="https://twitter.com/alexradow/status/603774077359165440">May 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets leaving court after game 5. <a href="https://twitter.com/KPRC2">@KPRC2</a> <a href="http://t.co/xVZzSJPDHf">pic.twitter.com/xVZzSJPDHf</a></p>&mdash; Alex Radow (@alexradow) <a href="https://twitter.com/alexradow/status/603773752120225792">May 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

At least by playing this long, it isn't too long until next season :)

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

No way around it: Harden choked. Big time.

Just gotta move on, he's still only 25, he should have many great years ahead of him. He's been phenomenal for us in elimination games, so hopefully this is just a blip on the radar.

Outside of Harden, we had our chances. There were a couple of stretches (1st quarter, early 3rd quarter) where they just couldn't make a shot and we had a great opportunity to create separation, and we responded with chucked 3s, missed layups, and just sloppy play.

Shout out to Dwight though, he continues to ball out. Need him to play more next season so we can get used to playing with him to the point that we are firing on all cylinders by the time the playoffs start.

Next season, the main thing I wish for is good health. We aren't too far away now.

8. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

How I really feel is I'm very proud of the Houston Rockets. I must say, it's been enjoyable to watch so many playoff games- and I saw them knock out the Mavs in person- made my year. Plus the Clippers series. I'm not as down as I thought I would be. Very proud of the team. Very proud of the city of Houston for supporting them. Very glad we have the best fan site on the Internet which allows some of us to vent. It's all good, sir.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Bring in Tobias Harris and draft the best shooters around. Good foundation here. People should pull out their panty wedgies and applaud our team.

10. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Haven't u guys remenbered Lebron scored only 8p in the conference final game 6 against Dallas in 2011?

11. MistaK

MistaK Member

Look Harden had a horrible game handling the ball, there is no denying that! To say that he lacks leadership is just wrong though. What has he been doing all year? Now you are probably going to say that the regular season isn't the playoffs or an elimination game...well he has shown leadership during these playoffs and in previous elimination games!! One game shouldn't diminish what a player has done over the course of 98 games. It sucks that he had a game like this today of all days but thats what happened unfortunately.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Member

what the **** is this, Harden looks like he needs help walking?

13. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

whos the dude with Harden?

14. hradhak

hradhak Member

yeah, seriously, he looks like he was barely able to walk. did he get injured?

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

On that we're definitely in agreement. Please bring back Lowry or Dragic. Ty Lawson if that's the best we can do. Somebody.

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

People in Houston- if the weather's OK, go greet them at the airport- but if it's still flooding, by all means, don't risk it!!!

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Harden had 10 turnovers to end the 2013 season as well... He suspect it's a substance abuse hangover before certain big games that Harden suffers from.

18. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

....WOW

19. larsv8

larsv8 Member

He doesn't look injured, he looks disoriented.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

I'd like to agree, but I can't.

Kobe was 21 in 1999.

Dirk wasn't the reason Dallas lost that series in 07.

LeBron didn't lay nearly the egg James just did with his team's season on the line.

Shaq was in his 2nd year in 1995 (and, you know, facing HAKEEM).

These comparisons just don't add up. James is 25 years old. This is his 6th year in the league. He's been to the friggin' Finals.

The learning & growing storyline just doesn't fit the bill here.

Chances are far greater than not that the guy we saw this playoffs is who James is.

All that being said, we can win with Harden, but my hopes that he could simply superman style will us to victory when the chips are down (or at the very least make it interesting) have taken a severe kick to the nuts.