1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/26/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 25, 2018.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

27 and you have a deal.

All your records are belong to us.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's the nightmare scenario. Bank on it if they don't ref tomorrow and Boston advances. Silver will do everything in his power to prevent Rockets vs Celtics.

desihooper likes this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

No fair. I'm hoping the deal I already made in my head that the winner of game 5 wins the series, still holds true.

BigMaloe, Hakeemtheking and hakeem94 like this.
  4. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

After the last two games in the 90s, even with stellar Rockets defense I think we'll see a high scoring game from both teams tonight. There's an important psychological aspect to sports at this level, and this may well work to our advantage tonight. It's also one reason why the Rockets may be tight lipped about the MRI results. Let the Warriors think in the back of their little heads that the hamstring injury could be really, really bad, to that point that Paul is done this year, and then if we come up short tonight, we trot him out in Game 7 to their surprise and major disappointment.

I'm not sure it will even come to Game 7, though. We will have all the motivation in the world to win this for Paul, and that motivation could very well produce results that stun and catch the Warriors and all the doubters off guard tonight.

5. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I hope the way it plays out is that the warriors lack of respect for the rockets and now even more with cp3 out will help us get the W

6. 9495

9495 Member

7. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Between Astros and Rockets I feel like I’m young all over again and in complete awe of sports teams.

We’ve all said it, we all know it, Time for Harden to RISE!!!

8. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Go get it Rockets.

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. JW86

JW86 Member

Mauer and Malloy are bad for both teams, quick whistles and very big ego's to the point of standing by a missed call. I don't think they're getting to let us be physical tonight, though Harden might have a field day at the line. They are worse than Tony to be honest and Tony at home is a good thing.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

It's not really a matter of like or dislike, if they lose we look bad, our entire conference looks bad. Lets be real the East is trash and Boston and Cleveland are just kings of trash and it pisses me off that those guys go into the finals playing weaker competition every year. This shouldnt happen, seedings should be 1-16 imo but...thats really another discussion for another time.
    [​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Does anyone have the link to the "Deliver Me" video that was made and published on Clutchfans after our miraculous comeback against the Clippers in Game 6 of the semis in 2015?

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden/Capela pick and roll will magically kill the Warriors. Everyone will be shocked.

13. BigTex

BigTex Member

They're gonna pull out all the stops in the event of a Game 7.
    Foster. Brothers. Marc Davis.
    Joey Crawford comes out of retirement to work the replay center.
    Players only returns with a team of Reggie, Cheryl Miller and Nate Robinson.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The H Team. (Hate)

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol.

Real talk though, i'd take Joey over the Foster Brothers any day.

BigMaloe likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

snowconeman22, Vivi and BigMaloe like this.
  18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Get into them early, make them feel unconformable all game long. Get the crowd out the game, don't allow Curry to shoot open threes.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I would've had the Rockets as major underdogs even with a healthy CP3, but if they can keep this close in the 2nd half, the pressure may get to the Warriors.

Let's be honest. The Rockets are playing with house money tonight. So no reason to come out tight.

groovemachine and waytookrzy079 like this.
  20. smp

smp Member

What is that about? Who is "they"? That sounds like the league and the Rockets had some discussions about the referees and some of the strange calls.

One thing I have noticed is that the refs are very willing to call fouls on everyone but Green and KD. Anytime we get one of their bench players isolated on Harden or EG we need to attack.

snowconeman22 and hakeem94 like this.