1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/22/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 21, 2018.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I was too wracked by the end of the game to come here. I just want to post in this thread to say: I have watched tons of Rockets games, and this was the guttiest performance I've ever seen. Not an offensive sparkler, but defensively outstanding. The play I'll always remember is one that's easily overlooked, but it epitomized why we won: Trevor Ariza flying in for an offensive rebound near the end. He had no business getting that ball. He got it. Pure will. Pure heart.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Entering Game 4, Warriors were 51-0 in the Kerr Era when outscoring opponents by 15+ in 3rd Quarters.

Warriors outscored Houston by 17, Game 4.

Warriors are now 51-1

Chanmarr, Tfor3, Shaunjon and 3 others like this.
  4. shorerider

shorerider Member

Any guesses as to why Curry went from can't-miss-from-the-parking-lot to shooting 1-10 after "something" happened? My guess is that "something" was a nasty block by Gerald Green. That much I understand.

My other guess is that the reason the Warriors went on that nasty run was because of the awful defense by Harden on Curry got them in a rhythm, and that's all it took for the freight train to leave the station.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Refs were letting them get away with playing football basketball. Steve Kerr said they have a bunch of middle linebackers out there." - Skip

Vivi, Os Trigonum and Hakeemtheking like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I just saw that and wanted to do a Picard facepalm. Like the Warriors play soft at the defensive end and aren't allowed to be physical?

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's sad to see him acting in a such a petty manner. I didn't expect anything less than that from him though.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  9. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

A visual company:

Chanmarr, Tfor3, Houstunna and 6 others like this.
  10. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

11. saleem

Post up Tucker on Draymond in the first few minutes. He can't stop him. PJ's post offense is underrated. This will also open up his outside shooting and take pressure off from Harden and Chris to do everything. Insert EG quickly too. Ariza should be out on the wings. Capela's job should be to rebound, and play defense. I'm hoping that Gerald will knock down some shots, and attack the basket off the bench. I know I should have waited for the Game 5 thread, but I didn't want to.

Go Houston Rockets!

12. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

Did Steph hear the fat lady singing too early? Cause that shimmy bit him in the ass, Rockets had enough with it I think.

Chanmarr, adw, Tfor3 and 1 other person like this.
  13. marky :)

marky :) Member

Hopefully it bites him in the ass the rest of the series.

Chanmarr, adw, Tfor3 and 1 other person like this.
  14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

That may have been the best Rockets win I've seen in my life (started watching every game in 2003). Just unbelievable how they were able to withstand that 3rd quarter run. The defense was incredible.

Now the tough part, sustaining it. We still have to win 2 more games and it's gonna take that type of effort. Those 7 guys are gonna have to dig deep.

Chanmarr, joshuaao, Tfor3 and 5 others like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

#believe

Chanmarr, adw, s3ts and 8 others like this.
  16. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

If we take this series we will win the finals. Its crazy to really grasp that.

Tfor3 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. saleem

Harden should guard Klay and Iggy. They aren't quick enough, although Klay's trigger is deadly.

18. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Not sure if this has been discussed anywhere, but man, Gerald Greens defense. Was it in the 3rd when he blocked Curry? And earlier, he blocked another 3 pointer (may have been curry again?), along with a steal mixed in there. His offense was off, but I give him props for his defensive effort. Those were huge plays that prevented a potential shift in momentum.

Chanmarr, adw, Deuce and 5 others like this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. saleem

The Dream never fails to surprise us!

Chanmarr, adw, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.