1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/22/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 21, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

2-4 in games harden played

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I thought Shaq was quite fair, when he said if some of the other guys hit their shots, we are a tough team to beat. Kenny is so wrong man, for saying GS flushed it down the toilet. The Rockets defense was at it's best. Our guys forced them to iso, and make mistakes.

Here's hoping to good health, and a great game from our Rockets at Toyota Center. Go Houston Rockets! If you're at your best, you can win Game 5.

ak99999, Tfor3, Remlap and 6 others like this.
  3. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Everyone said this after game 2’s win too. “GSW ISO’d too much”.. they did so because the Rockets buckled down on defense. They did the same thing last night.

Rockets held GSW to 18 and 12 in the 2nd and 4th quarters... that’s not on GSW ISO ball, that’s Houston’s freakin defense. It’s tough enough to keep GSW under 30/quarter but to keep them under 20 in 2 quarters and under 30 in 3.. that’s mostly the Rockets defense.

It’s amazing that this team finished 6th in defensive rating this year (to the Warriors 11th), and they still don’t get any credit for their defense.

I always say screw the media cuz who the F cares, but this bias against Houston is starting to get pretty damn irritating.

Tfor3, DavidRocket, saleem and 3 others like this.
  4. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Seeing Greenberg and Beadle trying to save face today on Get Up! was priceless.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I reverse jinxed and pulled out the jobu doll last night.

[​IMG]

s3ts, Tfor3, BigShasta and 3 others like this.
  6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Hah

I woke up just to see there reaction

I accepted Greenberg’s crow.

Tfor3 likes this.
  7. farhen

farhen Member

let's just say my boy jimmy pull as back in 2QRT and CP3 and crew leads us to 4QRT Victory

saleem likes this.
  8. j@amc

j@amc Member

When the CP3 experiment began, if you had told me that we could have home court advantage in a best of the three--winner goes to the Finals--I wouldn't have believed you. For all our flaws, we are really built to win a series against the Warriors. The playoffs are all about matchups, battling through fatigue and injuries, minor adjustments, stars carrying their teams, and having grit.

Inside the Game 4 numbers:
    • The Warriors had 14 assists for the game: 7 in the third quarter but only 1 in the fourth quarter. The passes were there but so were the Rockets, who had fifteen deflections for the game. Harden led the Rockets with team high 7 deflections (a series high for him).
    • The Warriors were 18-39 on uncontested looks (46.2%). The key number here is 39. While the extra looks from offensive boards and mental/ communication breakdowns drive Rocket fans crazy, everyone has to be realistic about uncontested shots. To allow the Warriors only 39 uncontested shots is a remarkable performance.
    • The Warriors had 16 offensive boards to the Rockets 8. Inside those numbers, the Warriors had 40 chances; the Rockets had 28. That has the Warriors getting 40 percent of their possible boards and the Rockets getting 28.5 percent. Clint (who had 1 offensive rebound for the game) has few answers when Draymond puts a body on him.
    • The Warriors had only 1 offensive board in the entire 4th quarter. Since the Warriors were 3-18 from the field in the last frame--likely their worst quarter of shooting for the year--that we kept them off the glass is really noticeable.
    • The Rockets had 4 fourth quarter boards.

With everyone's extended minutes (Golden State's included) I'm intrigued to see how the next game will unfold. The fatigue of the game and the series has really worn on GS. How we not talk about their ones in the 4th quarter: 1 assist, 1 offensive board, and 1 block? While its easy to see that the Rockets struggle with fatigue, GS is fighting wear and tear as well.

Think about it: we are now down to a three game series with two games at home.

Deuce, napalm06, Vivi and 6 others like this.
  9. PhiSlammaJamma

Think the Rockets D is legit because if they switch the open 3 is limited, nobody should ever be wide the f' open, and because it forces GS to take 2's which they prefer not to do. Ironically, this same D works against the Rockets.

It is funny that Harden is getting kudo's for his D, which was nice to see, but it's all too ironic given he left guys wide open for 3's only minutes before, and no less an injured Klay. Think it was Ariza who had to guard two players because Harden was floating in the lane. I am willing to live with Harden's transgression on the perimeter drives because it keeps him out of foul trouble and forces a 2 instead of a 3, but when he just doesn't cover someone, that stings.

saleem likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. dude be all like

I meant to do that.gif

Tfor3 and Remlap like this.
  11. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Perhaps D'Antoni was on to something with playing the key guys extended minutes and a short rotation throughout the season and in the playoffs - to prep them for moments like game 4 - in the playoffs when you need to grit out tough, extended minutes.

GSW has been known to rest players and limit their minutes because they have that luxury. Well they didnt have it last night, and GSW got worn down by the Rockets defense. Rockets have been doing this all year and were able to capitalize on it.

DavidRocket, ReignSupreme and j@amc like this.
  12. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Agree.
    Whoever wins 5, wins the series. Imho.

13. saleem

The biggest concerns apart from fitness and physical health is the inability to score under mental pressure in the first quarter.
    Look how wide James was open, and yet he passed the ball instead of taking the jumper.
    Luckily, he started cooking really fast in the second quarter. We simply can't afford another breakdown.

Attack them before they are able to organize their defense, and even if they do, don't panic. Be patient, probe them, break them down, don't rush your shots. They will fall, and GS will feel the pinch again. And don't ever slack on defense. Go Houston Rockets!

14. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Nope. Always loved me some Rockets, just don't watch much basketball. Will watch the next series when they get there.

15. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Do you think Andre Iguadalla is the deal breaker?

Remlap likes this.
  16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I am so fired up today. Could not sleep last night, but still feeel great after my 4 hours of sleep.

Let’s take it to them game 5.

Tfor3, napalm06, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  17. saleem

No, I don't think so. He is an important part of their team and should not be underestimated though.

Wattafan likes this.
  18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

People in this forum care way too much what the media thinks. Not a good look for rockets fans.

waytookrzy079 and ReignSupreme like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

When having 4 all-stars & 3 snipers isn't enough. ;):rolleyes:

Vivi and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

So help me God if the NBA assigns the Foster Brothers crew for that game.