1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/21/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 20, 2015.

1. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KWEaV1no9tI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

Harden is destroying Curry in FT precentage in the playoffs... .929 to .813

in fact he's tops of all the remaining players

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cute, but who is she?

4. JazzLakerHater

Espn chick. Super hot.

5. Mattician

Mattician Member

I'm not a coach, but I would have called a timeout.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

GSW are not a tougher match up than the Clippers. Rockets very easily could have won both games. When Rockets were down 3-1 to Clippers, Rockets were getting blown out in their losses. GSW has a whopping with their name on it, wait and see.

This Rockets team have been amazing and still have yet to play their best game.

7. Flop

Flop Member

It was a big call. If they are not going to give us local coverage some of us believed we paid for then at least show the replays on calls late in the 4th quarter that are questionable.

8. AB423

AB423 Member

I thought T-Jones redeemed himself from game 1.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

His D and rebounding were subpar. And he needs to stop taking it up so weak to the rim, forget how many times he was blocked.

10. Flop

Flop Member

I would have at least made sure our guys knew we still had a time out. You can't blame him for trying to capitalize in transition.

Harden made the mistake of passing it to Dwight who was trailing, but it is excusable because he was being doubled and maybe Dwight could find another open man. Dwight made the bigger mistake passing it back to Harden and not calling the time out. Sure, it would have only been 3 seconds to score, but all you need is .3 and we were only down by 1.freaking.point.

The best time to take a three is when you're down 1 in this NBA. I would design plays that make it look like we are trying to get an alley-oop and then step back and take the three much like LeBron did to Chicago when he hit his game winner.

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Josh smith played sucks.

Where is the other players in addition to Harden and Howard?

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Scoring wise, yes... Converted virtually every shot he missed last game. But there's no universe where Harden/Ariza should be outrebounding Josh/TJ by such a large margin.

13. Flop

Flop Member

Someone please tell our bigs to kick it out and reset when they get an offensive board. I feel like we never capitalize off of them unless Dwight dunks it back in, because they get crowded and try to force it in over 3 players. Stop, turn around, and find the open three point shooter. If there isn't one then it gives us the opportunity to reset and set-up a new play.

This has been an issue all season long.

14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

If harden hadn't gone between the legs, pretty sure he would had dump it off to jones.
    [​IMG]

15. Flop

Flop Member

To think there was never a situation like this during the regular season. If this happened during the regular season where we tried to score in transition with several seconds left, found out nothing was there, then lost the game with a time out to spare. Ugh. Unfortunately, the Rockets must learn from their mistakes at the worst possible time.

16. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Would someone mind giving me a little run-down on how the game went tonight? I was so tired after enlisting today that I couldn't help but fall asleep.

17. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Imagine if we have Dmo take those 17 jumpers instead of Smith.

18. nolenium

nolenium Member

You guys make it tough to be agreeable, man. Yes, it was a totally botched call. Yes, the goal-line official should've huddled with the others.

Yes, we should be asking whether or not there is the *allowability* for the refs to go look at replay to make a call in this instance.

The idea that there is some huge conspiracy involved in not showing the replay on ESPN or the big-screen at Oracle is utter hogwash. Who gives a **** whether or not ESPN shows the replay? All that matters is the call. They got it wrong, and we're right to question whether or not the officials can review that call at that point in the game.

So much yes here, my drunk ass felt so much better after reading y'all's posts about Harden. He's played a brilliant, cold-blooded 2 away games. Just absolutely phenomenal basketball.

If anyone remembers that little jab-step 3 he took in the 3rd (or was it 4th?) vs. Thompson... oh my god, I got my first basketball boner in years from that dagger.

I'm with you all the way, man. We can wax poetic about the glorious bruisin' days of the NBA, but it's a different league now (unfortunately).

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Getting closer . . . maybe we'll finally win the next one.

I think the team is learning how to play GSW every game.

20. Flop

Flop Member

I think you're right. ESPN hates the Warriors. Did you see Harden practicing. I think Harden's baby girl is so adorable.