1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/21/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 20, 2015.

1. houseofglass21

Stupid ass rapper, that's some straight nukka crap right there.

2. Flop

Flop Member

Lol, Harden stopped doing it. I would be ecstatic if I came up with a dance that a superstar basketball player started doing. What a tool. Wasn't Soulja Boy happy when everyone was cranking it? What about the guys who came up with the dougie. They get mad when John Wall started doing it?

3. Hou_rox

Hou_rox Member

God, I can't ****ing stand Lil B. He was cool for like 10 minutes. This little cult following he has is so damn annoying.

4. Flop

Flop Member

[​IMG]

Still waiting for ESPN to post this video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vtE3_voC3qU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Flop

Flop Member

Did he put a voodoo curse on the guy from Blues Clues too?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LHw_IbcUuio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Interesting/unsurprising that this was never a mainstream sports media story relative to KD. Throw Harden in the mix and it's front page on ESPN. How pathetic. And if I'm wrong and they did cover the Lil B/KD thing, IDC and ESPN still sucks.

7. billchez

billchez Member

That last play...

Looks like someone also saw what I saw. TJones was streaking ahead of Draymond for one of those pocket passes to the bucket. I can't knock James for anything he did tonight though. He was spectacular. I also thought when James passed back to Dwight, he could have taken one or two dribbles toward the basket to collapse the D and kicked out to Brewer who was wide open in the far corner. Tough to make those decisions in the heat of battle but sharing the ball more as this team has done all year would have served them well on that last play.

8. Remlap

Remlap Member

Too much Josh Smith tonight. His game was really off and kept chucking shots.

TJones a non-factor.

So many things could have gone right to give us just 2 more points.
    That play towards the end where the ball went off Currys foot out of bounds into the corner.
    It was never reviewed or replayed at all. Ref just handed ball back to Curry.
    inbounds play gives up easy layup for 2 points. There's the ballgame.
    That play alone was enough to cost us the game.

The Curry prayer under the basket that defied physics by almost spinning off the rim but back in instead.

Of course missed FT's. SO many little things. Just 2 more points gone our way and we would be coming home with a split.

But I must admit, Curry made some amazing shots.

Different story in our arena. GO ROCKETS!

9. ibm

ibm Member

yeah, i had forgot that one. thought it was off curry too, honestly. but they never replayed it. admittedly our subsequent d sucked, tho.

did jvg say they should go review that call?

10. theredbackpack

won't comment on all the big storylines of the game, except wow what a brutal finish.

surprise of the post-season: developing a bit of respect for green's game. he's still a nuisance but the little things he does makes him such a good defender. like when he fell backwards onto ariza, good d move there. or when he fell backwards on t jones, solid defensive post move right there. oh and when he fell into brewer, solid d. really impressed by his smart defense.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The fact that they never replayed that was so telling. I could be wrong, but I feel like 99.9% of the time, it would've gotten replayed -- usually as a matter of course, and DEFINITELY if the coaches and players were actively squawking about it.

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This. So much this.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

was so pissed they didnt even attempt to show it once...the bias at Bristol has permeated all the way to its staff...

14. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pablo killed the Rockets tonight, he gave up 4 wide open 3s to Curry

15. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

16. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I wonder if Nick Johnson experiment can work out like the Capela experiment has?

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Liked what saw from Nick tonight, he was all over Curry. But the double team on Curry worked even better.

Don't ever want to see TJ switch on Curry though, rather have Capela in the game when Curry plays. TJ should only play when Curry is out.

18. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

I get what you are saying... but:

James Harden free throws this year
    715-824
    avg 10.2 attempts a game

Curry free throws this year
    308-337
    avg 4.2 attempts a game

Harden gets two and a half times the free throws...

If you take away all the free throws,
    the per game scoring averages would be
    Curry 20.0
    Harden 18.6

I don't think you can accuse curry's stardom as coming from excessive/extra free throws..

But I do think the media has seized upon him for whatever reason.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Is he saying Rockets cheat?

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We all know that we can't win without Smith and Brewer. It's time for them to wake up. If they are struggling in Game 3, put Capela in there for defensive purposes.